BY ION

Ion Color Brilliance Semi-Permanent Neon Brights are hi-fashion hair colors designed to give vivid, boldly intense results. see more...

• If you put this over dark hair will it show any blue?1 Answers
Kambria M.
Bellingham, WA
This is my favorite hair dye brand ever!

Quick note: I've used this dye twice before. Once on bleached hair, and once on bleached hair with toner. As you might guess, just bleached hair made the color come out more green. If you want a more teal/blue color I highly recommend you also use a toner on your hair.

This dye is super vibrant and long lasting. Color has lasted me 6 months before and could probably go longer. For this particular color, I find that it fades a little over the first couple weeks but after that it just stays the same.

I keep the color in for an hour and a half to 2 hours and always come out with crazy vibrant hair.

One of my favorite things about this color in particular is that it didn't stain my shower at all!

If you're looking to go teal I cannot recommend this dye enough!
Elisabeth M.
Jacksonville, NC
Formula is way too thick, resulting in users needing multiple tubes, or risking uneven coverage. Does stay for a decent amount of time, but I've personally had much better experiences with other color lines.
Brittany S.
Grand Rapids, MI
Ion Color Brillance is the best color dye I know. I’ve tried others and they never stay in as long or look as good. This cyan blue is very beautiful and shows in my hair perfectly. The price is awesome as well.
Marlowe F.
Davenport, WA
These are my favorite vibrant colors to use on my hair. They not only last longer than most other brands but when I've dyed one color over another they blend beautifully and never get muddy. A favorite was taking the aqua color and going over with the bight pink color. It made a beautiful custom purple/pink. I recommend these to anyone wanting to brighten up their hair.
kaitlyn p.
Middletown, CT
Let me start off by saying when I first used this I thought it was perfect! It went so well with the other colors on top of platinum. It wasn't expensive and I actually got a deal for buying multiple products from this brand at Sally's. Now it has been months since I last added colors to my hair and this "semi-permanent" color will not leave my hair. I've tried bleaching it, stripping it, even home remedies but the color just stays. I've added a photo of how my hair looked today (about 2-3 months after adding color). It has faded drastically after the first month but hasn't changed since. I would not recommend this to anyone with platinum hair unless you have no means to change the color. I don't know how it effects other colors of hair but I sure hope it isn't like mine.
Madison G.
The color isn't like it looks in the tube. The blue made my hair look green. I prefer manic panic instead of these. They also don't have much product in them. It took one and a fourth of a tube to do a tiny streak in my hair.
Katie C.
Rockingham, NC
i have this color in my hair right now along with purple and green and i want my entire head this color now tbh. it's such a pretty color, it looks almost shimmery on my hair. <3
Ryan B.
Pikeville, NC
I loved this semi permenant hair dye. The colour stayed strong for about a week but then started to fade. Would use again, but I would love a permenant version of this dye better.
Kristin W.
Plant City, FL
This is a beautiful color. It applies well and colors well. The only bad side is if you frequently change your hair color, then it may not be good unless you layer colors. The ion blues are the hardest to get out. They really don't wash it which can be a good or bad thing. If I'm looking for a long term color then I would definitely repurchase!
Gabby L.
Beautiful color when applied correctly. As long as you have platinum blonde hair, this will show up and lasts quite awhile, but if it's darker blonde or darker it doesn't show as well.
Stephanie B.
If you put this over dark hair will it show any blue?