BY ION #1 in Permanent Hair Color

• What is your choice of color when coloring hair with Ion?15 Answers
  • How does this compare to the new L'oreL Colorista collect...1 Answers
Ion Color Brilliance  Permanent Creme Hair Colors
Heather H.
It's a great color and it has never dried my hair out or damaged it. My stylists are always surprised that my hair isn't totally wrecked like it would be from box color.
Tatyanna R.
Milwaukee, WI
One of my favorite hails color line to work with. I have used other but this one works better and easier to use! And specially since color always is what i expect to be
Morgan N.
Westfield, WI
I love this product. I get mine at Sally’s and I am never disappointed. Color holds very well and provides an excellent shine. My hair never feels damanged after use.
Alex H.
If you want a bright red I would definitely go with color ion! It's much safer than dye you would buy at a grocer. It's easy to apply and gives a very intense rich red.
Stephanie G.
Brooklyn Park
Decent hair color! I use it as my second choice if i cant get to a professional store to get my hair color. You can get it from Sally's, its creamy and good for grey coverage. I would say its a good hair color there a just other brands i like better sometimes. Make sure your mixing the hair color and developer at the right measurements, a lot of times people will but too much developer into there hair color and then there color comes out duller and fades faster, so be aware of that!
Kaela E.
Haverhill, MA
I LOVE Color Ion Brilliance hair creme. It is so pigmented and lasts a long time! I have used their reddish-brown (I can't remember the exact color, sorry), their blonde (N7, I believe), but my favorite was definitely Aqua and Turquoise, which I mixed together to make a mermaid type of look. I dyed it in the beginning of October and it is now the middle of December and my hair is still bright blue. It lasts so long!
Elicia G.
Lewis Center, OH
I love this brand! It is rich and I have not hand any damage due to coloring with this at all! I normally use only the brunette or black dyes and the color is very rich. I am by no means a colorist, so sometimes I have issues getting the exact color I wanted, but I think that has more to do with my lack of knowledge than the color itself. The smell is pleasant and doesn't make me cringe. I always follow up with a conditioning mask just for extra moisture! Highly recommend!
Jenni B.
Bergenfield
Since I never get to go to either of the not so close salon centric locations by me I go to Sally’s and everything hair related I always buy ion especially color
Ashley W.
Wichita, KS
I've used basically every shade of this hair dye! It doesn't have a potent scent to it. Its easy to mix with a developer and easy to apply! The colour always comes out beautifully and with subtle highlights. Seriously, even when i apply all over my hair. I always get asked if i professionally dye my hair. Which is kinda the best compliment when you bought affordable dye, am i right? This dye nourishes your hair leaving it noticably soft and ppd free!

Also, the best tricks to dying your hair; always wear gloves, go in sections (use a clip to do so) & use a mirror. This way you get every inch of your hair covered!
Misti R.
Elwood, IN
I was a bit disappointed with this color.  I used the grey color titanium. I bleached my hair first, it took two bleaches to get my hair to pale yellow which is supposed to be okay to use this color with. I have really dark hair, about a level 4 so not black but a pretty dark, mousy brown. I used a 10 vol developer as my stylist said it would hold the color better. It did hold the color but I definitely was not happy with the end result. A lot of my hair had a green tint to it. This brand uses mostly blue to get to the silver grey. If you haven't bleached your hair platinum white, the yellow turns green! It has staying power and took a very long to wash out. I eventually redid my hair with Kenra color and was much happier.
Amanda S.
Utica, MI
Carolyn H.
Charleston , WV
What is your choice of color when coloring hair with Ion?
Sarah S.