Amanda S.
Taylor O.
Taylor O.
Uniontown, OH
9 months, 4 weeks ago
In my experience they usually fade in two to three weeks
Kaela E.
Kaela E.
11 months ago
It depends on the color that you use and the products you use afterward. Use a good sulfate-free shampoo, color-protectant conditioner, things like that. And also, rinse with cooler water, rather than hot. That's what worked for me, personally. I have done reddish-brown, which faded rather quick. And blonde, after I bleached it. But my favorite was mixing aqua (one of the brights) and turquoise to make a mermaid look, which I did in October and it's now over 2 months since I did it and it's still the same color it was when I dyed it.
Rosa H.
Rosa H.
Las vegas, NV
1 year, 2 months ago
Reds fade really fast but there's shampoos for it that will help so much for the color to stay there longer.
Jade C.
Jade C.
BUFORD, GA
2 years, 5 months ago
It is all dependent on how you can for your hair after coloring it. I would recommend getting a color protective shampoo and conditioner (if you do red, buy one specifically for red hair), and use less shampoo than you use conditioner. I would also recommend, if you don't do so already, not washing your hair every day, but every other day or less frequently. Dry hair thoroughly so that it doesn't bleed, and wash in cool to lukewarm water. I do red and wash my hair every other day, and my hair typically stays vibrant for at least a month and a half to two months (I am usually redying because my roots have grown out as opposed to the color fading). My friend dyes her hair purple and washes less frequently (about twice a week), and can get her hair color to stay vibrant for three months or more.
Melissa R.
Melissa R.
3 years, 7 months ago
Using a shampoo that's sulfate-free and washing your hair in cool or cold water only will keep the color from fading as fast
devri B.
devri B.
Garland, TX
3 years, 11 months ago
Depends on what you use. If you bleach your hair before then I would recommend going with a brand like Manic Panic since it's a vegan dye. Yes you do have to dye your about once a week but a whole tub lasted me 3 months. It's a good deal if you are trying not to fry your hair. If you don't bleach your hair and just go straight into dying it depends on your hair and what you've done to it. It should last up to about 3 months though.
Raven M.
Raven M.
Kent, WA
4 years, 8 months ago
I had my hair black, bleached it to a yellow blonde and put in the red dye. My red dye lasts 2 weeks to 2 months. Wash your hair in the coldest water you can stand, use a color protecting shampoo etc. it's also a really thick dye. It's hard to put it on your hair, and you need about 2 bottles of it, I have short hair so it kinda sucks. Good dye for the price. :)
Chelsy C.
Chelsy C.
Bay Shore, NY
4 years, 9 months ago
Depends on your hair color. I have dark and light brown hair and i use the turquoise one it's been 5 months and no fading and still the same like if i just did it yesterday.
Deanna E.
Deanna E.
Painted Post, NY
4 years, 9 months ago
It faded pretty quickly for me. I've been coloring my hair with bright colors for a while and wanted to try teal. I figured I would give Ion a shot and it was a total waste. If you want color that lasts a really long time get Splat hair color. It will last for months, especially if you put heat on it. (Under a salon hair dryer, or a hot towel wrap.)
Brandy W.
Brandy W.
Ironton, OH
4 years, 10 months ago
It all depends on the color you get, really. I got the sky blue an it stayed in quite a while. Compared to manic panic and such. But then again, the purple one faded in less than a week. It lasted 3-4 washes before my hair turned grey. But like I said, it all depends on the color and also on your hair. Since everyone's is different.