BY ION

Ion Color Brilliance Master Colorist Series Permanent Creme Hair Color utilizes pure ionic micro pigments for deeper, more intense color. see more...

Jennei H.
Johnson City, TN
I've been wanting to do my hair the new silver/gray color for so long...
Couple of weeks ago headed to Sallys picked up Ion's chrome....For years I've colored my own hair and found that this formula was a lil thick and hard to work through my hair
It did turn out a silver-blue color but not exactly the color I was aiming for....The lady at Sallys said in order for it to really take u need to be lightest blonde possible ,I figured since I was a natural blonde it'd be ok but apparently it wasn't light enough
Think next time I decide to go a new shade I'll head to a professional
Megan M.
This did not work for me at all. I followed all of the instructions, left it on double what it say, and bought it a second time to make sure I did it right but the results were like a drugstore box color. I would not recommend.
Laura R.
Maryland Heights
Did not come out the color I was expecting but I do love this brand and all it’s dyes typically so I’ll attribute that to my poor hair quality. I prefer this to all other sallys/beauty supply fashion hair dyes.
Karen W.
Louisville, KY
This was so pretty on my ends when I had light blonde hair!
It truly is a true chrome, silver color.
I mixed it with a 20 volume developer on level 8 hair, left on for 30 minutes & it turned out perfect.
This lasted forever on me, it faded to a pretty ashy blonde but never really lifted.
I also did a blonde ombre on my friend using this & a joico purple bayalaged on the ends & it was beautiful.
I either love or hate the ION colors.
This one is great.
Cecilia A.
This color definitely stuck to my hair. It took myself bleaching and toning it in order too remove the color so I could use a new Ion color. P.S. Don't touch their new Creme Toners. I used Lavender Moon and it ruined my hair for days, caused me to break out into hives and almost shock. I had tok go to the closest Urgent Care for treatment. I still have bad days.
Dannette L.
Philomath, OR
The process of going gray/silver has been challenging to say the least. I finally found this amazing color, but was a little underwhelmed when finished. The coverage was not as great as I was hoping. Still had quite a bit of blonde that didn't get much of the gray despite my hair being fully saturated with the product. However, I have received many compliments on the color so I can't complain too much. I have purchased the semi-permanent Ion Color Brilliance in Titanium to try with the Chrome. Can't wait to see the results!
Amber Lea T.
Ironton, Ohio
If you want silvery-gray hair, this is what you want. After my local store had stock issues, I ended up driving 40 minutes just to buy this product. Totally worth it!

*Note: For any gray/silver color like this, unless your hair is LIGHT blonde or gray already...you WILL have to bleach!
Sidney T.
Austin, TX
I am a frequent user of the ion colorist. I really like it for the pigmented color, the simple steps, and the price. It's super inexpensive and the pigment lasts for about a year. I really like the ion colors, however, I'd really like more color options. otherwise, i love it!
Mileah L.
Oxford, MI
This is the product that has looked the best to get my hair grey. It looked so pretty and very nice it looked absolutely amazing and I plan to do it again soon. This is a pic from last time I used it.
Aerie M.
Simi Valley, CA
Ion is always either one of the fastest fading products or longest staying and this color is no different. The first time I used it, it stayed for AGES- the second time, not so much. I love ion's colors and this one is beautiful but their formula is poor and inconsistent.
Laura R.
Maryland Heights
Does anyone have a formula they like for diluting the chrome?
Can chrome be adder to a cool light blonde?
alena w.
Midlothian, VA
Is it long lasting? Does it have a great coverage?
Yuvika S.
Hoffman Est, IL
I just got my hair color red and. Now I want it purple ?does this brand have nice colours that stay ?
Tiffany T.
Pflugerville, TX
is this a good product to use and does the color stay long?