Hair CareHair ColorIon
Color Brilliance Color Corrector

Ion Color Brilliance Color Corrector

by Ion

Ion Color Brilliance Color Corrector gently removes permanent hair color.

I have lost my instructions on ion brilliance color corrector. How do I get it out? I used the kit instead of the packet.
Start your review of Ion Color Brilliance Color Corrector!
How would you rate this product?
Sierra R.
Escondido, CA
This is absolutely my go-to when it's time to change my color. It's really not damaging to my hair (nothing like bleach) and works like a charm for whatever crazy color I'm dealing with. That being said.... Whoever decided that it was appropriate to write "refreshing fragrance" on the packaging must be dealing with some truly atrocious odors in their daily life to consider this a "refreshing" fragrance. I suppose it would be refreshing in comparison to a 3-week dead decomposing corpse, or in comparison to a dead skunk on the side of the road in 115 degree Arizona heat, or in comparison to being trapped in a trash compactor on the Death Star that was just lit on fire. It stinks. Stinks to high heavens. Stinks like gassy bulldog egg farts. BUT it works. Therefore I will continue covering my head in royal stank every few months because it really does work like a charm. A very stinky charm. Just make sure your bathroom is well-ventilated. ***UPDATE: Ion unfortunately changed their formula COMPLETELY, so now it’s a liquid and a powder rather than two different liquids. It no longer smells like you’re trapped inside the bathroom of a bad Indian restaurant, the smell is rather pleasant actually. BUT. IT DOES NOT WORK. The new formula is awful. It doesn’t pull the artificial color out of your hair as well as the previous formula (be prepared for there to still be color in there), AND it fries your hair. I’ve stripped my color with the old formula more times than I can count, and my hair has always let fine. This new formula however, made my hair feel like it had been through multiple bleach baths. Don’t waste your time and money on this one, find a better product from a different brand. This formula change took my product rating from a 4-star (only because of the smell, otherwise it would’ve been a 5) to a 1.
Marie L.
Conway, SC
Works wonderfully. Didn't damage my hair any more than I had originally done. Removed the color that I didn't want
Jackie G.
san tan valley
Purchased at: Sally Beauty Supply
Saved my life a time or two not harsh and you can trust this brand and only this brand !!!!
Kari S.
Whitney Point, NY
Removed color. Didnt dry hair,left it feeling moisturized. Hair was shiny after. Doesn't require developer. Does stain some surfaces,but it stated that on the package.
Jessica A.
I have used this many times, it does the best job compared to other color removers I have used.
Nikota B.
I love this product. Only color corrector I'll purchase. Always my go to product. 😊😊
Crystal B.
Hampton, NH
I absolutely love this color corrector.. I died my hair dark brown and it came out black! This fixed it!
Savannah B.
I love this brand. I use Ion color brilliance for most my hair color needs, this works, smells great. And it works!
Heather B.
Anoka, MN
I used this for the first time a month ago to lighten my hair that had been dyed too dark. It did the trick! It turned my black/brown hair back to brown. I will be using this again!
Ellie K.
Webster Grvs, MO
I used this trying to pull the semi permanent blue dye out of my hair before bleaching it. I had already faded it for two weeks. This really did not work for me, it maybe lightened it a shade but still very blue. Next time I'll just skip this step.