Hair CareHair ColorIon
Color Brilliance Ash Intensifier

Ion Color Brilliance Ash Intensifier

by Ion

Ion Color Brilliance Ash Intensifier is a simple to use pure pigment to accent, modify, or intensify any color result.

Have they discontinued this? I can’t find it anywhere.
hi there
Start your review of Ion Color Brilliance Ash Intensifier!
Gabrielle M.
baton rouge, la
Ion Color Brilliance Ash Intensifier uploaded by Gabrielle M.
I bought this months ago and had been dieng to use it. I wasnt sure exactly what to mix it with. The time came to rebleach my roots and color my hair so I pulled this and the violet intensifier out as well. I usually only tone with wella toners but added half of the tiny tubes of violet and blue to the mix. I ended up with icey purple hair. It looks great,it just was not what I was shooting for and had a feeling to either stick with just the blue or neither.
Lashawn H.
Alexandria
Purchased at: Sally Beauty Supply
This product is intense. A tiny amount goes a long way. I used this mixed into my toner after lifting my hair to my desired lightness. I was aiming to add cool icy tones to my hair. My hair is naturally black and I had lifted it to a very light blonde, but it was very brassy. I wanted it to be almost grey. A PEA SIZED amount almost took me from icy to actual blue. It works very well...almost too well. It’s effective but err on the side of caution with how much you use.
Shelby N.
Swartz creek, Mi
Ion Color Brilliance Ash Intensifier uploaded by Shelby N.
Ugh!! So I loved the red intensifier when I was dying my hair red. So when I went blonde I had some foul brassieres that needed to be toned. I grabbed my toner and was suggested to use this also. I mixed everything proportionately. Time to wash and BAM I'm not a blonde, I'm blue! Wouldn't recommend to anyone with pourus hair, this stuff will gladly bind to it and fill in blue! Luckily I've been washing with a clarifying shampoo and an anti dandruff wash to strip the blue out, but a huge bummer 5 weeks before my wedding!
Cheyenne P.
Columbia, SC
During my journey of going silver, I stumbled upon these on clearance at my local beauty supply store. I snagged a bunch of them and added them to my blonde dyes. It provided a nice ashy tone that stuck in my hair for a while. While I’m disappointed it was being clearanced out, you can’t beat $2 a box.
Sabrina M.
Dyed my hair blue! Wanted ash blonde, not a happy accident since I cannot have an artificial color of hair at work. Followed directions. :/
Lauren F.
Tracy, CA
Purchased at: Sally Beauty Supply
I will say it helps with toning a little bit, but it’s very tricky to use. Use too much, and your hair can turn purple. Use not enough.. And well, it’s pointless. I prefer to use other toners, like Wella, over this because it does not mix easily, therefore can cause problems.
Lindsay T.
Warner robins, Georgia
Not a fan of this at all. Did nothing for my hair and dried it out alot. You're better off with a different brand or purple shampoo
Sienna M.
Washington, DC
Yeesh! This definitely does the job...a bit too well. I followed the directions but instead of getting an ashy medium blonde my hair has turned a dark charcoal color. I must say that despite the desired affect it does look pretty cool. If you want a dark gray haircolor, this is the way to go.