Hair CareHair ColorHair Bleach & LightenersIon
Color Brilliance Ammonia Free Lightener

ion Color Brilliance Ammonia Free Lightener

• Suitable for all application techniques both on and off the scalp
  • Enriched with moisture-rich silk protein

ion Color Brilliance Ammonia Free Lightener is enriched with moisture-rich silk protein for added keratin protection during decolorizing. Suitable for all application techniques both on and off the scalp.

Ingredients: POTASSIUM PERSULFATE ,SODIUM METASILICATE ,MAGNESIUM CARBONATE ,SODIUM SILICATE ,CYAMOPSIS TETRAGONOLOBA (GUAR) GUM ,KAOLIN ,ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) STARCH ,MINERAL OIL ,EDTA ,SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE ,ULTRAMARINES ,FRAGRANCE ,SILICA ,HYDROLYZED SILK ,MALTODEXTRIN ,BENZYL SALICYLATE ,HEXYL CINNAMAL

Usage:

Depending on the desired degree of lightening and consistency, mix with ion Sensitive Scalp Crème Developers 10 Vol., 20 Vol., 30 Vol., or 40 Vol., in a ration of 1:1 up to 1:2 in a non-metallic bowl. When applying directly to the scalp, do not exceed 20 vol. developer.

Apply to dry, unwashed hair. DO NOT USE HEAT. Use mixture immediately and discard any unused mixture. Processing time depends on the condition of the hair and the desired degree of lightening.

Check every 5-10 minutes during processing. Do not continue to process if adverse reaction occurs (e.g. itching, burning, rash or any unexpected reaction). Stop and immediately rinse with water.

If necessary, seek medical treatment. Maximum total processing time is 50 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and lightly shampoo.

Will this product lighten my hair? I currently have grown out highlights with dirty blonde/light brown hair. I would rather not highlight my hair if I could find an alternative?
I have shoulder length faded red (basically pink) hair. The tips have faded back to my bleach base and my roots are about 3" long. Will one package (1 oz powder + 1oz developer) be enough to cover from the tips to where my roots end?
what is the ratio volume + powder
Start your review of ion Color Brilliance Ammonia Free Lightener!
Melinda W.
White Bluff, TN
ion Color Brilliance Ammonia Free Lightener uploaded by Melinda W.
This is my favorite bleach to use on my hair, it’s such a dependable bleach that gets me too the right pale yellow to have that nice platinum after toning. I’ve been using this for a few years now, and I will continue to use it as long as I keep doing my hair at home.
Katherine P.
Kingston, PA
ion Color Brilliance Ammonia Free Lightener uploaded by Katherine P.
Purchased at: Sally Beauty Supply
I use this purple bleaching powder and 30-volume hydrogen peroxide, and this is the second time I bleach my hair the first time was 5 years ago, I always buy the same :)
Anyel B.
Newport News, VA
Me encanta el color rubio y las iluminaciones, rallitos, esta marca es muy buena , yo uso también su champú y acondicionador. Este decolorante es fácil de usar y daña poco el cabello , lo recomiendo .
Eleanor S.
California
Purchased at: Sally Beauty Supply
The bleach powder worked, but not very well. I got a maximum of two levels of lift when the package promised me six-ish.
Isamar Q.
Peoria, IL
ion Color Brilliance Ammonia Free Lightener uploaded by Isamar Q.
ion Color Brilliance Ammonia Free Lightener uploaded by Isamar Q.
I personally thought this lightener worked wonderfully. I used it with the ion 20 volume cream developer. However I take one star off because it said it was for sensitive scalp and it made my scalp hurt a lot. My scalp was really red and sensitive after this.. this never happens with other products. My hair looked white after though but if you have a sensitive scalp skip this.
Roselyn V.
Sterling, VA
ion Color Brilliance Ammonia Free Lightener uploaded by Roselyn V.
Purchased at: Sally Beauty Supply
This lightening powder is so amazing!!! This is the only lightener i use now and I've used quite a few before and none compare to this one. This one is gentle and smells amazing. My hair is never left dry or a mangled mess after using. It lifts my hair in less than an hour from almost black to the palest blond in one sitting. Absolutely love this and happy with my results each time. I use this with the 20 developer to get my lift.
Whittney S.
Louisville, MS
This is typically my go to lightener. It works great, but you may still have a little brass if your natural color has any red to it. My hair is thin and will just break right off if I leave bleach on too long, so to avoid brass, I just use the purple shampoo. Voila, just like that the brass is gone!
Breanna M.
Yucca Valley, CA
Purchased at: Sally Beauty Supply
Love this product, gentle for a bleaching powder. Doesn’t have any harsh smells and does what it says. Lifted my color quickly. Easy to use if you know what you are doing. One packet is perfect for some highlights or balayage.ion Color Brilliance Ammonia Free Lightener
Emily M.
Cookeville, TN
ion Color Brilliance Ammonia Free Lightener uploaded by Emily M.
Purchased at: Sephora
Uses a couple of times on my hair it lifts OK with it does not lift nine level is like the package says especially around it tough brassy areas I would say that lives about 4 to 5 shades we are going to use a good purple violet base to town or afterwards
Angel C.
Narrows, VA
I've used this several times. It's not as harsh on my hair, and doesnt smell completely horrible either. I get it at my local Sally's for just a few bucks. Much better than box dye for sure.