BY ION #19 in Semi-Permanent Hair Color

Talia I.
Ontario, CA
I have tried ALL of the shades in the gemstones line as well as most of the shades from their ‘brights’ collection as well. I have been home-dying for years on both myself and on multiple other people, and I always reach for Ion Color Brilliance. It’s at a low price point, yet it is far more forgiving than Manic Panic or any other box dye. With even the most blasé application, you will get a rich, even tone. Some dyes (like Manic Panic) require you to be a perfect white blonde to pick-up color, but with Ion I need to less severely bleach out all of my brassy tones because the color will hold either way. Great product.
Rachael D.
Wekiva
I used to use this a lot and it worked great for me, but I think they've changed their formula more recently. The dye just didn't seem to "stick" to my hair, and would barely leave any colour payoff at all. I've always dyed it the same way with these dyes, and I tried 3 different bottles/colours and experienced pretty much the same thing.
Samantha D.
I used this product when I decided to color my hair blue eyes I erased this year and it was absolutely wonderful. I received so many compliments. It didn't dry my hair out and even though it was semi permanent, it lasted for a very long time.
Kylian D.
Vancouver, WA
One of my favorite fashion colors I’ve put in my hair, it stayed extremely well and faded really nicely, no gross undertones. The one thing I do have an issue with is you will need several tubes to cover one head due to its thick consistency.
Brook B.
Cresaptown, MD
I am one who enjoys changing my hair color often, expecially fun bright colors, I tried this product the color was beautiful but it faded extremely quickly, I understand it's a semi permanent color but it faded within 2-3 days with me only washing it once within those days. But it is an affordable dye with so many beautiful colors so it's still a good buy for sure. If you wanted to try a new color I would give this a try since it don't last very long.
Kristina C.
Stockton, CA
I loved this dye, it took very well to my hair and the color looked exactly like it was supposed to. The price point is very affordable and it goes on nicely. Normally when dying my hair I wear gloves but when I go to wash it out I don’t have the gloves on anymore leaving my hands stained whatever color I was using. THIS dye did not stain my hands AT ALL or my scalp which is awesome! Would definitely recommend.
Amanda T.
Carson, CA
I use this brand in Garner to touch up my red if I cant make it to the salon and if I run out of my Viral conditioner. The color is very vibrant but it fades super quick, so I dont wash my hair too often after using it
Summer Y.
Pensacola, FL
I have used this dye a lot. I do like it a lot and it lasted pretty well in my hair however when it starts to fade it fades quickly and honestly not very well. It often fades into a kind of ugly color.
Jessica A.
I LOVE this hair color!! I dyed part of underneath my hair about 3 years ago and its was beautiful! The color stayed in so well and it never really faded to a green color like I know some dyes do. After I had the blue in I added some purple to create and blue/purple ombré and it was amazing. These dyes are soooooo good.
Jaydie T.
Sioux Falls
It's definitely a pretty color. It's a direct dye so it stains the hair, and I've found Ion stains the most, which is great for lasting capability. It is green, so it's also a b*tch go get out.