Bridgeport, CT

Is this organization really worth it ?
LEAR28018 A.
LEAR28018 A.
Aug. 13, 2016, 12:59 p.m.
This organization is very shady.
Jeffrey O.
Jeffrey O.
Sept. 4, 2014, 10:59 p.m.
Any organization is worth it if they are trying to help.
Dani D.
Dani D.
Aug. 24, 2014, 11:32 a.m.
I've heard and read articles that Kony wasn't actually alive anymore when the film took place. The people who filmed it were just looking for quick cash and thought this would be an easy exploitation.
Oct. 27, 2013, 1:51 p.m.
IC does not support a combatant approach to ending LRA violence. That is a common misconception. Barack Obama deployed about 100 soldiers to Uganda in 2011 to teach the Ugandan military their techniques, and to show them how they can ward off LRA violence. “Although the U.S. forces are combat-equipped, they will only be providing information, advice, and assistance to partner nation forces, and they will not themselves engage LRA forces unless necessary for self-defense.” - Barack Obama. Invisible Children believes that Joseph Kony should be brought to justice, however NOT through violent means. Invisible Children has held numerous peace talks with Kony and LRA top commanding officers in the past. IC are firm believers in the "eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" philosophy.
Oct. 27, 2013, 1:46 p.m.
Hey! I've been involved for 5 years! I am living proof that this organization is completely worth it, I have devoted my life to the cause because I feel so passionate about it. 81.48% of expenses fund their programs. All of Invisible Children's financial information is recorded publicly online here: http://invisiblechildren.com/financials/ IC’s 501c3 charity EIN is: 54-2164338. Many of their staff members, including regional ambassador Jolly Okot have been directly affected by the war and can testify to how beneficial Invisible Children has been to not only their lives, but to the lives of their entire communities. Invisible Children has numerous projects on the ground in Uganda and several other parts of central Africa, including rehabilitation centers, early warning notification programs, schools, adult literacy programs, scholarship programs, etc. Feel free to explore the Invisible Children website and contact their amazing staff with any further questions you might have. They are all extremely friendly as well as knowledgable about all things IC. Best of luck!
Jameisha M.
Jameisha M.
Feb. 18, 2013, 8:43 p.m.
I believe if you questions about the worth of an organization, you should do some research. I have heard various opinions about this organization. I am going to say it is bad, but I have some misgivings about it.
Krysta C.
Krysta C.
Dec. 24, 2012, 9:49 p.m.
I believethe idea is good. But the funds are not going where they are supposed to go.
Amanda H.
Amanda H.
Nov. 18, 2012, 4:58 a.m.
I would say no. I love the idea of helping the children affected by the LRA, but most of the money you donate to this organization goes to pay for paychecks, travel and huge awareness campaigns, but the children themselves see very little of the money. They also support a combatant approach, which means they think America should take military action in the parts of Africa where the LRA still has a presence. I personally find that problematic, but you can judge for yourself.
Emily C.
Emily C.
Nov. 17, 2012, 12:22 p.m.
I do not believe that it is worth it. Many of my friends love this organization but there are too many iffy things that make them unprofessional. Do your research before donating.
Nana B.
Nana B.
Nov. 11, 2012, 4:24 p.m.
I would also suggest researching. There have been so many ups and downs with the organization
Courtney H.
Courtney H.
Nov. 10, 2012, 8:25 p.m.
I would suggest research, research, research! This organization is very shady.
Tiffany P.
Tiffany P.
Nov. 10, 2012, 3:56 p.m.
The concept seems legit, but you're basically donating your money to someone's paycheck rather than kids in Africa waiting for food an education. I would find a better organization before investing in this one.
Nov. 3, 2012, 5:47 a.m.
This organization is a great idea, but its badly established. Most of the money being donated is for the founders than the actual children !

Join Now