BY INTERSCOPE RECORDS #20 in Music

Recording information: Abbey Road Studios, London, England; Allertown Hill, UK; Gang Studios, Paris, France; Germano Studios, New York, NY; Living Room Studios, Oslo, Norway; Officine Mechaniche Studios, Milano, Italy; Paradise Studios; Setai, Miami Beach, FL; Sing Sing Studios, Melbourne; Studio 301, Sydney; Studio Bus; Switzerland; The Mix Room, Burbank, CA; Tour Bus, Europe; Warehouse Productions, Omaha, NE. Creators: Nicola Formichetti; Nick Knight; Laurieann Gibson; Todd Tourso. Photographer: Nick Knight. Not long into the ceaseless promotional parade for Born This Way, Lady Gaga's second full-length record and easily the most anticipated record of the 2010s, a certain sense of inevitability crept into play. It was inevitable that Born This Way would be an escalation of The Fame, it was inevitable that Gaga would go where others feared to tread, it was inevitable that it would be bigger than any other record thrown down in 2011, both in its scale and success. Gaga has taken it upon herself to filter out whatever personal details remain in her songs so she can write anthems for her Little Monsters, that ragtag group of queers, misfits, outcasts, and rough kids who she calls her own. Whatever performance art shock Gaga had on The Fame/The Fame Monster has turned into pure theater. Her drama club ambition to marry rock & roll rebellion with her disco beats turns Born This Way into Like a Prayer by way of Bat Out of Hell. Gaga has chosen not to dig under the skin. She's quite content to state her themes then let them be, using them as the connecting thread on an '80s pastiche set to a relentless Eurotrash throb. Echoes of Whitney Houston, Pat Benatar, and Bruce Springsteen - whose longtime running partner Clarence Clemons blows sax on two songs - can be heard throughout, but it is naturally Madonna who is the cornerstone, giving Gaga the "Express Yourself" melody and a pop precedent for Catholic guilt. Lady Gaga knowingly recontextualizes the Material Girl fo. see more...

Buy on Walmart
  • "The lyrics are on point and well duhh she sings it so its pretty good" in 3 reviews
  • "I completely engaged myself into this album a couple years ago, and it helped me through my tough spots." in 1 review
  • "brings back memories from middle school when this came out!" in 1 review
Dani D.
Albuquerque, NM
A timeless work of ART! From Marry The Night to The Edge Of Glory, This album has very dark interesting lyrics and beats. Very 80’s influenced. My favorite song is Marry The Night. For me this is her best work to date!
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love Lady Gaga and her music is really good. I love dancing to her music and singing along as well. I can't wait to see what she does next. She is an inspiration.
Kylie K.
Great songs and great artist. Always showing that she is not afraid to be who she is. Great inspiration for young girls to never be afraid of who you are or what you feel and to stand up for what you believe.
Paula S.
San Diego, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Lady GaGa is a mega influence to me and I love her dearly, both personally and musically. I thought this album as a whole made sense but broken apart in singles, well, it wasn't the kind of follow up I needed or wanted. The songs are catchy but it just felt like she was intentionally kicking up the few elements that made her controversial when, in my opinion, she is far more than just a statement piece. She is incredibly talented and people know that now but when this album came out it really polarized folks. I just don't think the music itself isn't enough. This album is more of a aggressive statement against... who knows, Lady Gaga beats to her own drum and that's why I'll always support her. Just don't get me started on Art Pop.
Camila M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Very nice album !!! I like to listen to e dry single song , because she has a great voice , amazing technique , and her music rocks !!! Very talented , exciting and interesting singer ! I highly recommend !
Kayla R.
Social Circle , GA
I love her so much. This album came out when I was in high school & i could really relate to a couple of her songs. I even did an assignment on one of the songs. Her music is so inspiring & encouraging.
Michelle H.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Lady Gaga is such an inspiration, and I love how she sings about what she believes in! She has so much talent, and even though it's not on this album, I'm obsessed with her new song The Cure.
Julia D.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This album definitely did come and go.. that's for sure. My favorite song off of here is probably, "Born this way". She's a good role model, her lyrics are interesting and all of her songs have that kinda dark, but light sound. You'll know what I mean when you listen to it.
MaryCaroline G.
St Petersburg, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 5
Lady Gaga is one of the most incredible musicians in the mainstream media today. This album in particular has exceptional meaning and strong emotional emphasis. The lyrics are amazing, and very deep and powerful. It also sounds very good, and her vocals are amazing!
Nallely R.
Nacogdoches, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Lady Gaga is one of my favorite artist and I must say this is one of her best albums. I love the dark theme but most of the songs on here have a very powerful message. You and I is a very beautiful song and also one of my favorites. Her albums never disappoint.
Rachna L.
Hoffman Est, IL
Pop Culture Expert Level 5
What's your favorite song?
Takoia G.
Los Angeles , CA
Do you love her style?
Barbara M.
Watertown, NY
Since its international women's day, who do you ladies consider a role model?? Me I love so many women but lady gaga sticks out the most for me. She's a fighter! Interscope Records Lady Gaga - Born This Way [22 Track Special Edition]
Nicole A.
Las Vegas , NV
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Gaga is a beast!!!! Who else loves everything about her?