Interscope Records James Horner ~ Grinch [Original Soundtrack] (used)

by Interscope Records

The soundtrack to The Grinch, Ron Howard's live-action adaptation of Dr. Seuss' classic Christmas story The Night the Grinch Stole Christmas, features excerpts from James Horner's score and pop renditions of favorite Christmas songs. Though a more typically quirky composer like Danny Elfman would have been a more obvious choice to score an off-kilter fantasy like this, Horner's compositions manage to strike a good balance between edgy humor and sentimentality. Of the Christmas tunes, Ben Folds Five's "Lonely Christmas Eve," the eels' "Christmas Is Going to the Dogs," and Busta Rhymes and Jim Carrey's duet on "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" are the standout tracks, but songs by 'N Sync, Smash Mouth, the Barenaked Ladies, Faith Hill, and the Trans-Siberian Orchestra add an appropriately eclectic, whimsical touch to the soundtrack. ~ Heather Phares, Rovi

Is this a part of your Christmas tradition already ?
What is the best song on this soundtrack? My favorite is Faith Hill's where are you Christmas?
Start your review of Interscope Records James Horner ~ Grinch [Original Soundtrack] (used)!
Nicole A.
Mc Kees Rocks, PA
Your a mean one...MR GRINCH! šŸ˜‚ My son loves it so this review is all for him. FACT: My son is 4 years old with autism and this was the very first movie he ever sat thru EVER...the WHOLE entire thing and ACTUALLY WATCHED n that was over a year ago in December when he turned 3 so this movie will always mean a little something to me (and hopefully him too) I will never forget how proud of him i was half way in and that it still held his interist and attention!
Morganne G.
Lexington, NC
I love how they did the soundtrack to this movie because it really brought out the movie ! Ā I like hearing this soundtrack mostly during Christmas time all because it can bring out the holiday spirit. Some times when I listen to it, I think of certain parts of the movie the I like.
JENNIFER C.
Hernando, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
How the Grinch stole Christmas is a great movie. Jim Carey"s comical version of the typical Christmas bad guy is wonderful. Furthermore, this soundtrack is great too.
Summer B.
Hurst, TX
I LOVE THE GRINCH SOUNDTRACK!!!! This is probably one of my favorite tracks to listen to. to get in the christmas spirit. I love the voices in it. Its my absolute favorite. The songs are just so good to sing along to. I love it. I defiantly recommend this soundtrack
Victoria C.
Bella Vista, AR
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I didn't have much hope for this movie when I heard about it being made. After I saw it I enjoyed it even with all that they added. The book was so short so it made since that they had to add an actual story line. I thought it was made well and the soundtrack is also good.
christine D.
Woodland Hls, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I remember buying this soundtrack for that one song that Faith Hill sang, where are you Christmas. Such a pretty song and I adored this movie! Great vocals from her
Cassandra T.
Bryant, AR
1,276 reviews
A classic from my childhood that I still get excited about when they play it on Hallmark during the holidays. Jim Carey never disappoints and definitely one of his best roles. I love allll of the music in the movie too, my favorite song is "Where Are You, Christmas?".
Danielle A.
Lexington, AL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
1,118 reviews
My son loves the grinch and Christmas. He watches it all year long! This is his favorite version!
Cheyennee B.
It may be scary for really little kids, but other than that it's great!! My favorite line is "maybe Christmas isn't about gifts at all, perhaps Christmas means something more".
Carla V.
Dallas, TX
I loved the movie more than i loved the book every year is a tradition to watch the movie right after thanksgiving dinner