Insurgent (Divergent Series #2) by Veronica Roth (Hardcover)

by Harper Collins Publishers

One choice can transform you or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves and herself while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love. Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so. New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth's much-anticipated second book of the dystopian Divergent series is another intoxicating thrill ride of a story, rich with hallmark twists, heartbreaks, romance, and powerful insights about human nature.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Insurgent (Divergent Series #2) by Veronica Roth (Hardcover)!
Title: Insurgent Author: Veronica Roth Read Dates: May 26th- July 23rd Why did I choose to read this book? I chose to read this book because it's the second book in the divergent series Did I like it? Yes Five things I liked about this book: 1. The story 2. The way Tris thinks 3. That Christina forgave her 4. The story between Tris and Tobias 5. The ending One character I disliked: Edward Do I recommend this book? Yes
Matheny, WV
I read this book in one day. I was addicted this whole series was brilliant to my 16 year old mind and I’m sure it would still stand true today. The movies were trash and should be forgotten. Books are gold.
Palm Harbor , FL
It's been a while since I read this book, but I still remember how disappointed I was in it. There were parts that were good, don't get me wrong. But the whole thing was...dry. It lacked the energy and fast paced that the first book, Divergent, had. I understand that this was a necessary sequel, to fill in the information needed to write Allegiant which was much better. But I still think this book could've been better.
Not like the movies (which they never actually finished and left the third book half finished 😤) This series is some of my favorite books! I highly recommend. The language is a bit simple if you’re older or used to more sophisticated literature but for me it doesn’t take away from the plot. And now Veronica Roth wrote a bonus epilogue that’s published in the paperback edition of Carve The Mark.
N Las Vegas, NV
This book picks up right after the events that happen in divergent I love that you can still see the development a each character and the romantic story between Four and Tris is even strong this one is filled with even more action but this time it out side of there fraction you see Tris as more strong and independent but this is also were she starts being reckless and not caring about here self but rather know the truth.
Roscoe, IL
Currently in the middle of this book. I've already seen the movie but I wish I hadn't. I love this book so far. I loved the first one and have always love books along this line such as hunger games and the giver. I like that this book is easy to read and great to just curl up and read for hours. Great series
The second book in the Divergent series, Insurgent takes on a totally different set of emotions and situations than the previous novel. I had read in a few different places that people who have read the series thought that Divergent could have been a stand alone novel, however after reading the second book for myself, I disagree. I enjoyed Insurgent as much as I enjoyed Divergent. I love the development of the characters in this book. The events that happened in book one have left Tris with heaps of emotional baggage as well as post traumatic stress. Her relationship with Tobias has it's definite rough patches, as well as her friendship with Christina. Tris struggles with inner turmoil, wonders where she truly belongs if any where at all, tries to figure out how to do the right thing and if she can honor her family and friends whom she has lost. The ending of this book had a twist. I had predicted some aspects of this twist a while back in the book however. It leaves me wondering what is to come next. I look forward to reading Allegiant.
Lexington, SC
This book was hard to put down and in general, a great read. Not slow paced and full of action. You'll find yourself hurting with the characters, loving with them, and following their lives like your life depends on it! Just as good as book one and a good continuance of the story line.
Springfield, MO
Dumb. This is just crap. Why are these books so popular. It follows an annoying main character who is to messed up about being different to be helpful and a love interest that is to into himself and his issues to be useful and a load of conflict that is pointless.
1,139 reviews
I looked forward to reading the other books in the series. I wanted to see what was next with the characters. It was hard to put the book down. I saw the movie, but a lot was left out. The helped me to fill in the missing info.

Looking for your answer?