Insurgent (Divergent Series #2) by Veronica Roth (Hardcover) uploaded by Elizabeth R.

BY HARPER COLLINS PUBLISHERS

One choice can transform you or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves and herself while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love. Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so. New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth's much-anticipated second book of the dystopian Divergent series is another intoxicating thrill ride of a story, rich with hallmark twists, heartbreaks, romance, and powerful insights about human nature. see more...

Buy on Amazon*
Candice R.
Huntington, WV
This set includes the trilogy, along with the extra book titled, "Four". I actually recommend reading Four first. It's the comets set. My 13 year old triplet boys started reading this series in school. They couldn't stop talking about it, so I bought this series for them, and I even read it myself. It's very, very good. The movie is pretty good too; although, the books are a lot more detailed. I highly recommend this series. I would caution for younger readers as the two main characters have some heated moments. Nothing that heavy, but on the line. I wouldn't want my 8 year old reading something like that. I hope this review has been helpful for the parents out there. All in all.. Definitely a great series! A Must Read!
Lisa G.
Not like the movies (which they never actually finished and left the third book half finished 😤)
This series is some of my favorite books! I highly recommend. The language is a bit simple if you’re older or used to more sophisticated literature but for me it doesn’t take away from the plot.
And now Veronica Roth wrote a bonus epilogue that’s published in the paperback edition of Carve The Mark.
Harper B.
Palm Harbor, FL
It's been a while since I read this book, but I still remember how disappointed I was in it. There were parts that were good, don't get me wrong. But the whole thing was...dry. It lacked the energy and fast paced that the first book, Divergent, had. I understand that this was a necessary sequel, to fill in the information needed to write Allegiant which was much better. But I still think this book could've been better.
Gissela E.
Laredo, TX
Oh Tris! She’s a bit annoying in this book but not enough to turn me off. Four just makes things great as always. The ending of the last book had me in tears for days.
Allison N.
Purvis, MS
This was my favorite of the divergent series. We really get this see how messed up everything is and how much tris has to go through to get her world back. There's a huge twist given in this book as well. The writing is great. It's an easy read but not childish. I thorough enjoyed every sentence!
Cristina M.
N Las Vegas, NV
This book picks up right after the events that happen in divergent I love that you can still see the development a each character and the romantic story between Four and Tris is even strong this one is filled with even more action but this time it out side of there fraction you see Tris as more strong and independent but this is also were she starts being reckless and not caring about here self but rather know the truth.
Chelsea G.
Roscoe, IL
Currently in the middle of this book. I've already seen the movie but I wish I hadn't. I love this book so far. I loved the first one and have always love books along this line such as hunger games and the giver. I like that this book is easy to read and great to just curl up and read for hours. Great series
Krista T.
The second book in the Divergent series, Insurgent takes on a totally different set of emotions and situations than the previous novel. I had read in a few different places that people who have read the series thought that Divergent could have been a stand alone novel, however after reading the second book for myself, I disagree. I enjoyed Insurgent as much as I enjoyed Divergent. I love the development of the characters in this book. The events that happened in book one have left Tris with heaps of emotional baggage as well as post traumatic stress. Her relationship with Tobias has it's definite rough patches, as well as her friendship with Christina. Tris struggles with inner turmoil, wonders where she truly belongs if any where at all, tries to figure out how to do the right thing and if she can honor her family and friends whom she has lost. The ending of this book had a twist. I had predicted some aspects of this twist a while back in the book however. It leaves me wondering what is to come next. I look forward to reading Allegiant.
Shannon B.
Lexington, SC
This book was hard to put down and in general, a great read. Not slow paced and full of action. You'll find yourself hurting with the characters, loving with them, and following their lives like your life depends on it! Just as good as book one and a good continuance of the story line.
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
The sequel to Divergent is basically as good as the first and that is to say that it is incredibly awesome. It's got even more action and rebellion which is exciting. More romance than ever and lots of lies. A great read to lose yourself in and forget about life.