BY INSTEAD #9 in Alternative Feminine Hygiene

Instead Softcup6 Softcups12-hour period protection Deal with your period the most natural way possible. Instead Softcup is made from non-toxic, hypo-allergenic, latex-free material that cannot be felt when used as directed. The list of benefits makes using Softcup the easiest decision you will make all month: can be worn for up to 12 hours, will not inhibit physical activity, can be worn during sex, can be worn overnight, eliminates menstrual odor and it does not cause irritation or dryness. Most importantly, it is not linked to Toxic Shock Syndrome. See enclosed insert for more complete product information and instructions for use. Made in Canada. Softcup is non-toxic, hypo-allergenic, latex-free & safe when used as directed. No Strings. Instead and Softcup are registered trademarks of Evofem, Inc. see more...

• Are these a one and done type product or can you use each...3 Answers
  • Weird question.. but how do you take these out without sp...3 Answers
  • Does anyone else have issues with these not staying in we...2 Answers
Jena K.
Canton, OH
Purchased at: Rite Aid
I am dedicated to period cups. I love my Eva Cup as well as my Bloody Buddy silicone menstrual cups. However, those cups have one disadvantage: they can’t be worn during sex. The advantage of the softcup is that it has all of the benefits of a period cup while also allowing for penetrative intercourse. These are so comfortable that you’ll forget you’re using them, and they can be in place for up to 13 hours so most people can avoid having to change it in public on a daily basis. You must be comfortable enough with your own anatomy to be able to push it in and pull it out. But it’s so much better than pads or tampons.
Sarah V.
Now that I've tried the Instead Softcup, I'm never going back to tampons or pads. They're easy to use (just be sure to remove them over the toilet in case it spills), they can be left in for 12 hours, you don't feel anything, and there's no period smell because the blood is being kept in the cup rather than out of your body. I use them every time and do get the full 12 hours out of them without leakage.

As a bonus, these can be kept in during sex. Warn your partner beforehand because they can sometimes feel it inside of you, but it's a great way to keep living your life as though you're not actually on your period.
Bianca L.
Newport News
I got these when I got sick of my cycle playing peek a boo and messing up my sheets when I need some "attention" during that time of the month. I buy these from Walgreens. It take some getting used to when it is time to take them out. I just take them out during my shower everything is getting cleaned anyway.
Melina L.
Conyers, GA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I love these!! Once they are in, you do not feel them at all! This is Perfect for events when you are out in public because you do not know what kind of bathrooms you get, these last for 12 hours, so you don't need to worry about changing it. My only concern was the mess with taking it out, but i have final lu resolved with using a silicone glove
erika d.
Stamford, CT
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Still trying out so far they seem okay.  When you first take it out the package it does look really intimidating.  Im still learning how to use these but these are great while sleeping if youre not moving around much otherwise i still need to learn the right way to insert it during the day because otherwise it is always moving
Stephanie T.
Ardmore, AL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I've been using these for a year now and will never go back to pads or tampons. Tampons caused horrible cramps for me and pads irritated my skin. With soft cups I don't have those issues. They work well most of the time, but on heavier days I do get some leakage on occasion.
Melissa E.
Prescott Vly, AZ
Possibly TMI, but I’m sure I’m not the only one who wants to be able to have “sexy time” with their man during that time of month with out getting super messy and ruining sheets etc.. so I started googling products that you could use during your TOM and still be able to be sexual. While researching I ended up on YouTube with this girl who was reviewing all the different types of cups. I was so excited, I ran to walgreens and I was so surprised they had them and that I had never seen them before! I tried it out for the first time today after my shower and so far it’s been great. No leaks, no mess, super comfortable and it does say you can have sex with them in. I’ve yet to try that part 😉 but I’ll be sure to let everyone know if the soft cups got my back!
Brittany R.
Kirkwood, NY
Don't base your judgment of menstrual cups on this products.
The bottom of the cup feels like cellophane, so it doesn't open fully when your insert it, your body partially collapses inside. it is bigger around, but when you fold it, I could still get it in with no problems. It still does it job, for the most part, but I did get leaks after about 6hrs when it should last for up to 12. Every time I went to the bathroom it leaked into the toilet, which doesn't normally happen with other cups. With most cups, when you remove them the mess stays inside the cup, with the Softcup it spilled EVERYWHERE. It was a mess. I've used other cups, and I tried a whole box of these, not user error this time, just poorly made.
I wouldn't recommend these to anyone. While cost is much cheaper than pads or tampons, if you are interested in buying a cup, spend the extra dollars on a good one.

Would be 1 star but as long as you aren't sitting to pee it does it job, and the cost was cheap enough
Ariel J.
Detroit, MI
First time user! a friend recommended I use softcups because of the irritation I was getting from using pads and tampons. I was afraid. However, I got over it. once I got the hang of it... I felt comfortable and confident through the day! The only trouble I experience was removing it the first time. ::WARNING:: DO NOT wake up and immediately try to take it out- you must be up for at least an hour so gravity can pull it down for removal. I really freaked myself out when I thought it was stuck... after I read reviews to walk around for a while and a comment saying get over it women birth 14lbs babies you can birth a 0lbs ring..... I was able to remove it with ease. Your vajayjay is too relaxed in the morning...However, it got easier and easier. A little messy but it will get better with practice lol. also, if you don't know your lady parts you will find out using these.
Nicole C.
I found these back in 2012 and decided to try them since they said you can wear them for 12 hours. I was a correctional officer at the time so this was convenient for me. They are amaZing, but I haven’t been able to find them at Walmart
Sondra C.
Milton, ON
Are these a one and done type product or can you use each cup multiple times?
Olivia F.
Ames, IA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 5
Weird question.. but how do you take these out without spilling everywhere??
Brooke  F.
Kent, OH
How do these feel? Is it similar to a tampon?
Shalisa C.
Hammond, IN
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
This is the first time I am hearing about these. Do they really work?
Emily D.
Duluth, MN
Does anyone else have issues with these not staying in well? Do they make any other sizes?