by Instagram, Inc.
Ask a Question
Annette V.
Annette V.
Beaumont , Ca

Why is Instagram so great? I don't get it! Please comment why you like it.
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
May 22, 2013, 12:26 a.m.
The biggest part I enjoy about Instagram is the fact that it is made for pictures only! No blah blah blah details of your life in writing, or typing as I should say. It is fun to share things you experience and see what others do as well.
Emily F.
Emily F.
May 17, 2013, 1:12 p.m.
I love that I now look for small details in life to record. I enjoy finding things to photograph and document. Instagram is also a great way to connect with people who may be in a different place. They also provide great pics for scrapbooking!
Jocelyn S.
Jocelyn S.
May 17, 2013, 11:56 a.m.
Express your feelings with pictures ! It's just amazing you can follow your favorite person :)
Christin L.
Christin L.
May 7, 2013, 10:17 p.m.
I think it is more artsy less social, I am not a fan personally
Juliette H.
Juliette H.
April 20, 2013, 11:35 a.m.
Express your feelings throught photos instead of words. It can also bring you fame if you're good in photography or post interesting content.
Nikki M.
March 28, 2013, 4:47 p.m.
I think its just a fun way to interact with friends.
Nikki M.
March 28, 2013, 4:47 p.m.
I think its just a fun way to interact with friends.
Influenster M.
March 21, 2013, 2:08 p.m.
Yup! I don't get it either! There's just something fun about it though.
Ali W.
Ali W.
March 16, 2013, 12:17 p.m.
I like not having to flood my facebook with random pictures I take. I also really like the editing options so I can make my picture look really cool before I post it to twitter.
Estefany F.
Estefany F.
March 5, 2013, 5:21 p.m.
Being able to post pictures of what's going on! Not necessarily of yourself but of things around you like watching the sunset, discovering a cool place, and posting pictures of amazing moments with your family and friends. It's a sort of scarpbook, just electronic.
Karen P.
Karen P.
March 1, 2013, 11:27 a.m.
Instagram is a fun way to show little snapshots of daily life. That's what I love about it. Seeing what my friends find interesting, beautiful, strange. And sharing my own, too.
Feb. 26, 2013, 6:45 p.m.
Instagram is the new facebook (or was before FB bought them). I would much rather see pics instead of endless status updates news articles, etc.
Feb. 26, 2013, 6:45 p.m.
Cindy N.
Cindy N.
Feb. 19, 2013, 2:17 p.m.
I don't get why it's so great and why everyone's obsessed with it either but i do love their filters
Feb. 17, 2013, 2:37 p.m.
I don't exactly use it for its intended purpose; I have a printed collage of pictures on my wall that I get from my Instagram. It's an easy way to create pictures that are uniform in size that have a theme.
Alexis E.
Alexis E.
Jan. 15, 2013, 4:31 p.m.
It's an amazing way to let others keep up with your life and you keep up with others. It's just an amazing app.
Jan. 9, 2013, 12:11 a.m.
It really depends on the person.. like, i post constantly because i like to make memories, and i love to take photographs but that's just me. I believe that instagram was made so we can all view photos of friends family and strangers but, to see what they are up too its sorta like twitter . but i love it period. i post everyday and comment and like others as well!
Jan. 9, 2013, 12:11 a.m.
Kimberley A.
Kimberley A.
Jan. 8, 2013, 10:44 p.m.
It truly is fun to use
Terri L.
Terri L.
Jan. 6, 2013, 1:55 p.m.
You can connect with me people through photo and not words. Also the different filters they offer make taking pictures on your phone look a bit more pro.
Sireeta J.
Sireeta J.
Dec. 28, 2012, 3 p.m.
I just love to see the makeup looks and other people's pics, it's addicting!
Samantha Z.
Samantha Z.
Dec. 20, 2012, 7:51 a.m.
It's fun, easy to use, and a great way to stay connected with friends viz pictures.
Sara F.
Sara F.
Dec. 7, 2012, 3:25 p.m.
I like it because I think it's fun and easy to use.
Chip C.
Chip C.
Dec. 7, 2012, 12:59 p.m.
I wondered the same thing, because it only lets you do less than a Facebook or Twitter, but that has become its biggest strength. It eliminates careless posts about worthless stuff, so your feed is clear and full of stuff that matters. Also, it provides a constant window into your friend's lives.
Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.
Dec. 6, 2012, 9:12 a.m.
I think its an easier way to communicate rather than to be posting statuses every minute. i rather post a pic and let the picture do the talking.
Holly H.
Holly H.
Nov. 30, 2012, 1:24 p.m.
You can show people cool things you make or are doing. For my group of friends we use it more as a "hey check this out" medium, while facebook photos are usually "hey look at how cool I am"
Emily E.
Emily E.
Nov. 30, 2012, 1:05 p.m.
Unlike facebook, or twitter, you can see things about people without all the commentary. and lets all face it, we LOVE looking at pictures!
Angie G.
Angie G.
Nov. 29, 2012, 5:29 p.m.
I just think it's fun. It's like Facebook without all the drama, and you get to see what people are up to without filtering through all of the other crap.
Alyssa G.
Alyssa G.
Nov. 26, 2012, 2:47 p.m.
Instagram is just really fun. A lot of people post some really cool pictures and I just enjoy posting pictures as well!
Yashima B.
Yashima B.
Nov. 24, 2012, 5 p.m.
It's a good way of expression without using words. I felt the same way you did but now I'm addicted. It's nice to see how many people like pics that are special to you.
Krystal P.
Krystal P.
Nov. 23, 2012, 5:54 p.m.
Sometimes if you use the explore feature you will come across a very inspirational photo that can totally change your outlook that day. Or maybe your snapshot can do the same for someone else? Pictures can have no many meanings to so many different people. They are, afterall, worth a 1000 words. :)
Jenny S.
Jenny S.
Nov. 23, 2012, 9:28 a.m.
The filters give an extra degree of awesomeness to your picture.
Natasha C.
Natasha C.
Nov. 21, 2012, 11:45 p.m.
A picture is worth a 1000 words! =)
Bobbi K.
Bobbi K.
Nov. 19, 2012, 4:03 p.m.
I wondered the same thing. I thought I wouldn't enjoy it since, as a woman, I don't have a sweet hipster mustache to pose ironically with. I finally broke down and installed the app just to give it a go, and I really like it. It makes sharing photos across platforms really easy, and it's a very stream-lined, well designed app. The filters are also pretty fun and help distract from sub-par photos. Give it a go and see if you like it.
Andras G.
Andras G.
Nov. 18, 2012, 11:48 p.m.
Great question I was wondering the same thing!
Denise H.
Denise H.
Nov. 18, 2012, 6:56 p.m.
It is a more simple way to stay in contact with your friends. You only post pictures instead of posts and links, etc. so it is not cluttered. You can also follow celebrities or designers and it all shows up on the same feed.
Yuly M.
Yuly M.
Nov. 18, 2012, 6:14 a.m.
Posting pictures of your life can be addicting.

Join Now