Instagram
#1 in Apps
Chip C.
Chip C.
Watkinsville, GA
Do you take pictures with your camera app, then upload them onto Instagram, or take the pictures in the Instagram app?
Ruth J.
Anastasia W.
Anastasia W.
Raleigh, NC
4 years, 2 months ago
I take them on my camera first, its easier!
Crystal S.
Crystal S.
Griffin, GA
4 years, 3 months ago
I take pics with my camera app and then upload them.
Michelle P.
Michelle P.
4 years, 3 months ago
I take it with my phone camera first and i upload my favorite one
Faimy S.
Faimy S.
Mt Prospect, IL
4 years, 3 months ago
I like to take them on my camera first because i never know if i like it or not
Shante C.
Shante C.
East Orange, NJ
4 years, 4 months ago
I do both but.i like taking pics with instragram then upload to other social sites...
Carol A.
Carol A.
Windsor, NJ
4 years, 4 months ago
I take it with my phone then upload it. Mostly because on android I have to crop my picture with square it so it all fits in the frame
Alexis A.
Alexis A.
Fort Thomas, KY
4 years, 4 months ago
I do both pretty equally.
Keely R.
Keely R.
Ashland, KY
4 years, 4 months ago
I usually use my camera & then upload to the app because I can take multiple pictures without it being a hassle & then pick my favorite.
Kendall L.
Kendall L.
Walkersville, MD
4 years, 4 months ago
I always take a picture just on my phone first. It takes too long to open that app and take the picture. By the times its open and ready, the moment may have passed.
Sierra D.
Sierra D.
Altoona, IA
Both
Tracey H.
Tracey H.
College Station, TX
4 years, 4 months ago
I like to take pictures then upload them to Instagram.
Danielle R.
Danielle R.
Lancaster, PA
4 years, 5 months ago
I take my picture on my photo app then upload it!
Gabriela T.
Gabriela T.
Oakland, CA
4 years, 5 months ago
Take pictures on my phone and upload it to Instagram.
Nicole D.
Nicole D.
Ocala , FL
4 years, 5 months ago
Most of the time I take pics from my camera, edit them in another pic app then upload to instagram using an additional filter.
Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.
Farmingville, NY
4 years, 6 months ago
99% of the time, camera first. I only take it with the app if the picture I'm taking is specifically for instagram.
Jessica W.
Jessica W.
Newmarket, ON
4 years, 6 months ago
I always take pictures on my camera first because I don't always have time to instagram them right away
Chania B.
Chania B.
Wake Forest, NC
4 years, 6 months ago
Camera first just in case!
Maiya M.
Maiya M.
4 years, 6 months ago
Both. It depends on the kind of editing I want to do.
4 years, 6 months ago
Generally upload a photo after it's in the camera roll.
Reyna P.
I upload them first.
Jorezza E.
Jorezza E.
4 years, 7 months ago
Camera first then upload since it keeps crashing whenever i take pics on ig for some reason
Golnaz D.
Golnaz D.
Long Beach, CA
4 years, 7 months ago
Almost always on the camera app first, but since they redid the IG app, you can't really crop your photos how you want... so now i use the IG camera more often than i have been before.
Brooke L.
Brooke L.
Las Vegas, NV
4 years, 7 months ago
I used to take them on Instagram before the update but now I just use my camera app then upload it.
Rita A.
Rita A.
4 years, 7 months ago
I use the camera app on my iPhone and then upload to Instagram. The Instagram camera is too slow and you can't take consecutive pictures.
Teela M.
Teela M.
Long Beach, CA
4 years, 7 months ago
I use a photo app first then move it over to Instagram
Olivia D.
Olivia D.
Sterling Hts, MI
4 years, 7 months ago
I usually take them with my camera app first.
Dora P.
Dora P.
Burnaby, British Columbia
4 years, 7 months ago
I use my camera app then upload them, because I have other photo editing apps on my phone that include collages or other filters that Instagram doesn't have.
Cindy A.
Cindy A.
Mechanicsburg, PA
4 years, 7 months ago
I generally use the camera app, since it's more easily accessible. If I need to snap a quick pic, I can access the camera from the lock screen instead of trying to fumble through to my Instagram app.
Maritza L.
Maritza L.
Harlingen, TX
4 years, 8 months ago
Use camera app then edit with my grid collage app then upload bc my phone takes weird pics when using the insta app so when I edit with the grid collage app I will be able to upload the whole pic and not just a square
Alicia T.
Alicia T.
Cantonment, FL
4 years, 8 months ago
I usually just use the app. The filters are good for quick one-off photos to show what you are currently doing or looking at.
Alexis E.
Alexis E.
Denham Spgs, LA
4 years, 8 months ago
I do both! But a lot of times is the camera app on the phone! (:
4 years, 8 months ago
I use my camera then upload to Instagram. I think the camera is faster for me to access on phone.
Vanessa Q.
Vanessa Q.
El Paso, TX
4 years, 8 months ago
I always take the picture with my camera app and then I upload them to IG. I don't really like the IG camera too much.
Santa Cruz, CA
You can do either but i normally upload them from the camera app
Santa Cruz, CA
You can do either but i normally upload them from the camera app
Sarah W.
Sarah W.
Ctr Ossipee, NH
4 years, 8 months ago
With the instagram app usually
Amber C.
Amber C.
Fremont, NE
4 years, 8 months ago
It is actually recommended that you use your camera app, and then upload them into Instagram. This way you still have an original of the image to do any other editing to you may choose :)
Jamie Y.
Jamie Y.
Las vegas, NV
4 years, 8 months ago
I usually do it through Instagram because then you frame it correctly, if you take an image from your camera it has to be cropped to fit the square.
Jeny V.
Jeny V.
4 years, 8 months ago
It depends, I sometimes take pics with the camera app other times in the instagram app.
Dallas, TX
4 years, 9 months ago
I take it on my camera first. Sometimes I use my professional camera and email them to myself, too!
Dallas, TX
4 years, 9 months ago
I usually take the pictures on my camera first. I usually play with the filters when I'm bored or if I really like a picture and want to enhance it. It's nice to have the original so you can use multiple filters!
Sara O.
Sara O.
Waverly, IA
4 years, 9 months ago
I take them on my camera first then upload them to Instagram. If it's a photo I may print I'd rather have it as a normal image too, because the Instagram images don't print as well.
Erika V.
Erika V.
Provo, UT
4 years, 9 months ago
I like to try them out with my camera first, that way I can see the original and try the different filters, I can see the different filters once you take with instagram but it already affects how its gonna be with the different filters
Megan O.
Megan O.
China Grove , NC
4 years, 9 months ago
I always take with my camera. Usually, I don't decide to share it until after I've taken the picture.
Jennifer L.
Jennifer L.
South Bend, IN
4 years, 9 months ago
It depends. Sometimes I do one or the other.
Taylor C.
Taylor C.
4 years, 9 months ago
I take them with my camera first
Keana L.
Keana L.
Bronx, NY
4 years, 9 months ago
I take them on Instagram first
Jamie W.
Jamie W.
Charleston, SC
4 years, 9 months ago
I take pictures on the camera and upload them into instagram