by Instagram, Inc.
Ask a Question
Shannon A.
Shannon A.
Hempstead, New York

As an insta addict I want to ask, how many pictures (within a day) are too much to post?!
Melanie M.
Melanie M.
July 25, 2016, 9:20 p.m.
Who cares! If they don't like it, they can unfollow you! I usually post 1-3 a day...but some days are busier and call for more photos. It's your page, do as you want!
Kayla D.
Kayla D.
July 16, 2013, 12:38 p.m.
Depends on what you use it for. I follow fitness pages that pst 6 plus a day. If it's a personal account I wouldn't pst more than 1-3.
Danielle P.
Danielle P.
July 9, 2013, 4:01 p.m.
I would limit to no more than 3 a day - and space them out! Also, make sure they are different types of pictures. You don't want to keep posting the same thing! That is what is so great about collages - you can do many similar pics in one!
Kelsey M.
Kelsey M.
June 29, 2013, 10:15 a.m.
As long as they're not all selfies I don't think it matters!
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
June 5, 2013, 2:15 p.m.
More than 5 on a regular day... if you are somewhere SUPER photo worthy I don't mind more, but when u are just posting selfies and photos of food - please be courteous and keep it to a minimum. No one has time for that!
Theresa B.
Theresa B.
June 4, 2013, 8:38 a.m.
Depends what they're pictures of. If they're selfies, try to keep it at a minimum of 1-2 a day max. If they're pictures of interesting things like pets or nature or whatever, I don't think there's really a limit.
Shannon P.
Shannon P.
May 28, 2013, 9:16 p.m.
10-15 is verging on too much. There is nothing worse than seeing photos from the same person clog your newsfeed.
Juana M.
I thin over 20 post is too much
Tracy L.
Tracy L.
May 22, 2013, 10:57 p.m.
I follow about 100 people, if I see 3+ photos of the same event, same filter and very little change I get annoyed. But spread out through the day, of different things, different looks. I'm fine with as many as they wanna throw up there.
Ana P.
Ana P.
May 18, 2013, 7:23 p.m.
5 . after that you're just annoying.
Melissa D.
Melissa D.
May 18, 2013, 9:45 a.m.
3. After that I stop looking.
melody c.
melody c.
May 15, 2013, 4:02 p.m.
Maybe try not to post over 5 pictures a day
Brandy F.
Brandy F.
May 3, 2013, 11:02 p.m.
I would say it's less about how many and more about how often you post. As long as your photos are interesting and unique from one another, you could probably post every couple of hours. Just don't clog up others' feeds with fifty pictures a day!
Jennifer G.
May 1, 2013, 4:10 p.m.
4-12 just depends on if my dog's being cute that day or not! lol
Atira B.
Atira B.
April 22, 2013, 3:42 p.m.
It usually depends on what kind of pictures you take If you are taking like 12 selfies a day you may see a drop in followers but usually a good daily limit would be about 4 or 5.
Alyssa J.
Alyssa J.
April 19, 2013, 8:44 p.m.
I don't think there is a 'too much' unless they are all selfies. I think if you have like 15 but they are different it's ok.
mackenzie c.
mackenzie c.
April 13, 2013, 8:15 p.m.
I think more than one a day is excessive, unless you have multiple pictures that your followers would actually be interested to see. More than 1 selfie a week is obnoxious.
Nicole G.
Nicole G.
April 1, 2013, 6:44 p.m.
I think if the pictures are of different things then you are fine
Kayte V.
Kayte V.
March 24, 2013, 12:23 p.m.
I think more than five just gets annoying. You stop paying attention to them.
Lacey F.
Lacey F.
March 23, 2013, 10:33 a.m.
I don't think there is really a limit. If your friends on IG are really your friends, then they wouldn't care how many pictures you post. A lot of my friends are couponers so they all have multiple posts a day and I enjoy it because it helps me learn the trade better!
Jessie C.
Jessie C.
March 21, 2013, 4:24 p.m.
It depends on what you are posting... if you are on vacation in an amazing place... i want to see1 but i do not need to know what you ate for breakfast, am snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner etc... TMI!
Abbie H.
Abbie H.
March 19, 2013, 11:45 a.m.
It really depends on your preference, for me I think no more than 3, otherwise it gets annoying and facebook-y. Save it for the next day!
Stacey R.
Stacey R.
March 19, 2013, 9:35 a.m.
Hmmm... about ten. Ten would seem like way too much.
Estefany F.
Estefany F.
March 5, 2013, 5:23 p.m.
If they're just of yourself more than 3 is enough. Lol, it gets kinda annoying to see people posting photos of themselves over and over and over again. and again. But if its of other random things like scenery or something different I think it doesn't matter.
Hannah Y.
Hannah Y.
Feb. 26, 2013, 5:21 p.m.
It doesn't matter- unless you post 10 pictures of yourself in 3 hours. Which a girl on my Instagram did. That's when it gets annoying! Buy a mirror if you want to see yourself that often.
Latasia C.
Latasia C.
Feb. 24, 2013, 7:48 a.m.
IT'S YOUR INSTAGRAM SO POST AS MANY AS YOU WANT. ISF SOMEBODY DOESN'T LIKE IT THEY CAN STOP FOLLOWING YOU.
Nichole S.
Nichole S.
Feb. 23, 2013, 8:01 p.m.
I think it only gets annoying when someone post over and over, one after another without waiting in between, space them out a bit.
Kelly P.
Kelly P.
Feb. 22, 2013, 7:35 a.m.
It's YOUR photo page, all you can post are pictures so post as much as you like! I agree that when people post 50million pics of themselves in one day it can be annoying, but there is an unfollow button for that reason. Some days I post 10+ pictures of my son & if people don't like it, they can kiss my butt.
Golnaz D.
Golnaz D.
Feb. 20, 2013, 9:53 p.m.
I think 3 a day, MAX. depending on how many followers you have, and what kind of stuff you post. don't post 3 a day if it's just reposts of those someecards things.
Jasmine H.
Jasmine H.
Feb. 4, 2013, 8:31 p.m.
I post about 4 a day, I don't want all of my friends to hate me for posting a zillion things every day! lol
Celina F.
Celina F.
Feb. 3, 2013, 8 a.m.
I post 2-3 a day
Katie M.
Katie M.
Jan. 31, 2013, 6:37 p.m.
I like to submit 1-2 pictures a day to kind of summarize my day or show something pretty special. anything more than 4 a day is obnoxious.
Valerie H.
Valerie H.
Jan. 27, 2013, 10:41 a.m.
Over two just personal pictures of yourself a day is when i draw the line.
Yaniris D.
Yaniris D.
Jan. 23, 2013, 6:55 a.m.
5 plus is too much. this is not facebook!
Alicia T.
Alicia T.
Jan. 17, 2013, 5:57 a.m.
I like seeing all my friends photos and where they are. It doesn't get too annoying to me.
Alexis E.
Alexis E.
Jan. 15, 2013, 4:28 p.m.
I don't think there is really such a thing on the app of "posting too many pictures". sometimes i post 10 to 2 to 5. But this app is for posting pictures, so I really don't think you can post "too many".
Tatiyana E.
Tatiyana E.
Jan. 14, 2013, 6:52 p.m.
10 pics :]
Susan h.
Susan h.
Jan. 13, 2013, 12:25 p.m.
Just like everyone else said it depends on what you are posting....Pics of yourself thanks for a couple but after ten I kind of want to choke someone, your newborn.. yea they don't make facial expressions or change up their looks enough to need twelve a day, your vacation to a beautiful resort or something interesting? Just make sure they vary enough to hold interest.
Christina R.
Christina R.
Jan. 11, 2013, 9:53 p.m.
I'd say don't post more than 2 right after each other.. and maybe 5 a day?
Kelly T.
Kelly T.
Jan. 11, 2013, 4:56 p.m.
I agree with a lot of the others - keep it at 4 or less. Too many photos, especially of the same old things is just overkill.
Madeline R.
Madeline R.
Jan. 10, 2013, 8:29 p.m.
It really depends on what you are posting! I wouldn't upload multiple photos of just you in one day, but I see nothing wrong with posting 5-6 photos a day of varied things
Maria S.
Maria S.
Jan. 5, 2013, 11:31 a.m.
I do about 4 and wait a bit before i post again
Amanda E.
Amanda E.
Jan. 4, 2013, 10:37 a.m.
It depends on the type of profile you have, photography/business based then 1-2 a day. A personal profile where your sharing with friends about your day then the sky is the limit (as long as its not 50 selfies in a row!)
Dana L.
Dana L.
Dec. 26, 2012, 4:28 p.m.
I would say there is no limit!
Austin B.
Austin B.
Dec. 25, 2012, 7:49 a.m.
Posting photos is not a problem, if people don't like it all they have to do is hit unfollow, so there is never too many.
Aracely N.
Aracely N.
Dec. 24, 2012, 11:08 p.m.
3 or 4 I would say
Nashawnda W.
Nashawnda W.
Dec. 22, 2012, 1:16 p.m.
I'm also an addict, I post until the pics fail lol. It's your insta, post away.
Megan O.
Megan O.
Dec. 17, 2012, 9:52 a.m.
No hard and fast limit as it depends on what you're doing. If it's a special occasion or event I'd say around 5 is acceptable but on an ordinary day, I'd try to keep it under 3. Just my personal opinion.
Tiffany F.
Tiffany F.
Dec. 11, 2012, 11:24 p.m.
I would say that you can post about 3 pictures a day and be safe. every now and then you can get away with 4 but you don't want to be that annoying person that only posts pictures all day long to document your every life move. :)
Meredith W.
Meredith W.
Dec. 10, 2012, 4:47 a.m.
I would say four or five is a good number to stick with, any more and you might start to clutter your follower's feed.
Erica D.
Erica D.
Dec. 9, 2012, 9:32 a.m.
I would say 4 if they are evenly spaced out. You don't want to overload all your followers.
Nicolette S.
Nicolette S.
Dec. 3, 2012, 1:46 p.m.
Depends on your followers.. but unless its a vacation or a big deal.. no more than 4 seems to make the most sense
Sammantha B.
Sammantha B.
Nov. 30, 2012, 3:09 p.m.
Totally depends on you, your followers and how much feedback you are getting.
Veronica R.
Veronica R.
Nov. 29, 2012, 8:45 p.m.
No limit, although I wouldn't constantly post the same type of picture unless your instagram is strictly food or places. I like to mix mine up, I post photos of food, babies, animals, fashion, etc.
Holly H.
Holly H.
Nov. 28, 2012, 11:07 p.m.
I some times do up to five. More than five every day is too much!! Unless your life is really awesome
Brittany S.
Brittany S.
Nov. 28, 2012, 8:34 p.m.
Any more than 3 or 4 is pushing it, then it's more like a constant update of what you're doing versus just sharing the few key things you saw visually of the day :)
Alyssa I.
Alyssa I.
Nov. 28, 2012, 12:13 p.m.
As many as you wish, so long as they are different (ie, don't post pics of all of your meals in a day)
Meredith N.
Meredith N.
Nov. 28, 2012, 6:14 a.m.
Anything over 5 is probably a bit annoying to your followers. Get out and have some fun! No need to put your whole life on there. Leave something to the imagination!
Maria N.
Maria N.
Nov. 27, 2012, 1:56 p.m.
There really isn't a limit, if you like to post pics post them, and if anyone has a problem tell to unfollow
Erica W.
Erica W.
Nov. 27, 2012, 7:50 a.m.
I don't think it matter, just as long as your not posting them back to back or all in a row.
Denisha T.
Denisha T.
Nov. 27, 2012, 6:55 a.m.
I think it depends on what your posting. If you're posting head shot after head shot on the same day.. that's over kill. But if you're on vacation and sharing the experience, by all means, post away! :)
Lisa M.
Lisa M.
Nov. 26, 2012, 6:41 p.m.
It really depends on what you are posting. Vacation pics, post as many as you want but pics of yourself I would limit to maybe 2 a day.
Jessica C.
Jessica C.
Nov. 26, 2012, 5:32 p.m.
More than 3 is too much.
Tiffany J.
Tiffany J.
Nov. 26, 2012, 2:22 p.m.
Depends on what you're IG is all about and what you're followers are looking for -- I think if you're soley based on food and/or fitness motivation, several times a day isn't too bad. If you're kind of all across the board like myself, 3 is ok, 4+ is too much :)
Mystie D.
Mystie D.
Nov. 26, 2012, 12:01 p.m.
I would say 5 is where it gets to the point of annoyance
Sarah L.
Sarah L.
Nov. 26, 2012, 9:07 a.m.
I would say more than 3 or 4 in a day is too many. If its a special occasion (holiday, birthday, wedding) there could be an exception but we don't need to see a selfie every hour on the hour.
Christina F.
Christina F.
Nov. 26, 2012, 8:08 a.m.
I think 12 is too much! if someone is following you .. show them your life :)
Celia S.
Celia S.
Nov. 25, 2012, 8:36 a.m.
I'm an addict too. I use IG for photography, not personal photos. I post once a day, mainly because I need to save photos to post. I find it annoying when people post 3-4+ photos a day. It's annoying and frankly, it makes me want to unfollow some people. Stick with a 2 photo a day average, 3 photos is ok. Just space them out, don't post them within the same hour. :)
Kristie A.
Kristie A.
Nov. 24, 2012, 5:31 p.m.
It really depends what the pictures are of. If you are posting pictures of yourself constantly, that seems a little narcisistic. If you have kids or are taking pictures of landscapes or vacation pictures, then there is no limit in my opinion
Bria B.
Bria B.
Nov. 23, 2012, 5:28 p.m.
I don't think it matters how mant pictures you post during 24hours. The problem is when people post 10 pictures back to back and they are all pointless
Monique M.
Monique M.
Nov. 20, 2012, 1:21 p.m.
It does not matter how many you post, if you want to post 20 pics a day, do it and if people get annoyed well then they can unfollow you. I post like 5 pics a day and always get more then 5 likes and they are some of my followers and many that don't follow me.
Molly H.
Molly H.
Nov. 19, 2012, 6:02 p.m.
I don't think there is ever a limit! it is your photo blog so share as many as you want. if people don't want to hear about it they can change there settings so they don't have to.
Britany B.
Britany B.
Nov. 17, 2012, 3:54 p.m.
It really all depends on what the photo is and how many followers you have as well as what you hashtag! If you hash tag things that go with the photo but are often looked at you have a higher chance of your photo being seen by other instagramers! and think about it, if you have like 16 likes on one photo of yourself in like five minutes you feel great! and it really shouldn't matter if your followers are annoyed or not annoyed, it's YOUR photo blog. Try hashtags #instagood #Instamood #Bestoftheday #followme
Emily C.
Emily C.
Nov. 17, 2012, 12:37 p.m.
I would say one a day is best. If you submit your best of the best picture, you're likely to get more feedback on it than if you post a bunch.
Casey W.
Casey W.
Nov. 16, 2012, 5:50 p.m.
Over 4 can get really annoying, unless you are on a vacation and there is gorgeous scenery than any number is totally acceptable

Join Now