Add a Photo

By INSTAGRAM, INC.
#2 in Apps

Instagram is an online mobile photo-sharing, video-sharing, and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos, and share them either publicly or privately on the app, as well as through a variety of other social networking platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Flickr.

Photos (294)
Sky H.
Sky H.
Issaquah, Wa

Instagram is one of the most used apps right now. Personally, Facebook is my first go to, then snap-chat and Instagram reaches a good third place. Instagram is constantly upgrading and finding ways to improve. They copied snapchat and added a similar feature so that more people would stay on instagram rather than leaving for snapchat. The only thing i don't like is, how messy the messaging is. If you have multiple accounts and want to switch back and forth between them your messages also follow along so it gets confusing. Also i don't really like how often they are adding advertisements in between every few posts now. It's also difficult for some people to get likes on their posts because of the way they changed it, so it's not in order by post time but by popularity. Personally, i really liked how it was by post time it's hard to expand your profile now and gain more followers/ likes. Also, they have a limit on the amount of hashtags you can use. (30).

BUT, the big reason why i am giving them 2/5 stars is simply because their customer service is god awful!! They don't have a customer service center so no phone number. When you google the phone number it comes up with one...but i found out the bad way, that they didn't have a number. Some guy pretended to be a tech person and was telling me weird things to do to my computer that had nothing to do with my Instagram account but he insisted it did. I ended the call because it was getting weird, and they called back! I didn't answer.  My account that had 10k active followers got blocked from doing everything except unfollowing people, i think i might have been able to like things too as well. The "reason" i was blocked was because i book the link to my blog in my bio. How stupid right?  If i wanted to post something i couldn't post a caption, tag anyone, or add any hashtags. I emailed them and reported an issue at least 60 times. ( no joke). Every day i would report the issue. Nothing happened. This had been going on for 6 months, and i was loosing followers because of it so i finally started over and made a new account.. well a week and a half after i created a new account they finally decided to unblock my account. I still use instagram, definitely not my favorite after this experience i definitely stopped using it as often. Between, facebook, IG, Snapchat, and twitter there isn't much option as for social media. People tend to follow the trends of their peers. These are the 4 apps/ social media accounts that every one is using right now. When something new comes out in a few years every one will go to that and instagram will fade out again. It's full of scams from ads, and their "telephone life" that almost caused me a virus!! YIKES!
Jamie R.
Jamie R.

Unlike most  social networking sites , Instagram is incredibly minimal. It simply allows you to share a photo or video and a caption for your followers to see, like and comment on - that's it. In fact, it may be the simplest social media website out there. It also has a story feature that allows you to add photos and video to a story, which can be viewed by your followers for 24 hours.Instagram lets you share a photo or video with or without a filter. The social networking website offers a slew of free filters in colors or black and white so you can better feature different colors, shadows or highlights in your photo or video.Your homepage on Instagram is your feed, which shows you photos and videos from only the people you follow. You may occasionally come across advertisements in your feed, but they're designed to look like current posts, so it's not annoying to see them.You can also message back and forth with your followers, similar to texting, within the app. You can simply share text, your own photos or link to another profile's post in messages.Searching on Instagram is simple, and the search page shows you what you think will be based on your account activity. It also shows you the most popular photos on Instagram.Anyone looking to share photos or videos, whether they are professional or just fun moments highlighting your dog's life, can find a social network on Instagram. You can give your friends and family a look at your daily life via photos and short videos with simple captions and not an overwhelming amount of information.
Tracy L.
Tracy L.

Instagram. It's more a zeitgeist and reflection of our current culture than anything else. When you think Instagram, you think of the excesses of 2015-present. When any random person thinks of Instagram, their brains immediately go to the plastic surgery stunts of the Kardashians. Plastic surgeons even advertise on Instagram.

And there are all those Instagram stars who probably don't have much of a life outside of Instagram. They have revolting plastic surgery all over their faces and bodies. There are ones that look like real-life dolls - some severe digital enhancement going on.

People have an attractive "Instagram look," and then they have their less-fabulous real-life look. We all choose our best photos for Instagram, and improve them through the filters. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people who looked super-attractive in their photos online, and then I see videos of them, or I see them in person, and they're actually pretty average-looking.

Of all the big-name social media apps out there, Instagram is the most pathetic and shallow reflection of our times. It's the most superficial, vapid, fake element of our digital culture.

I don't know why Instagram isn't used enough for pets, or food, or pretty scenery or nature. It's all about fake, shallow, hey look at me, materialism, and popularity.

CRISTHINA N.
CRISTHINA N.
miami, florida

Este es mi favorita Aplicación Medios de Comunicación Social Porque Me encanta Tomar fotos y compartir momentos con amigos y Familiares. Sin embargo, heno ALGUNAS Cosas Que podrian Ser arreglado o Mejorado Dentro De esta aplicación.  Una gran Cantidad de Características Especiales Requiere La Descarga De Una Aplicación Separada para hacerlos Trabajar o para crearlos, He Aqui ¿Cual es frustrante, ya Que No OCUPA espacio en la memoria de mi Teléfono Cuando yo ya estoy Luchando para su Almacenamiento.  Tambien me Parece Que A Veces CUANDO trato de Publicar Una imagen Que tomé con mi GoPro O Con cualquier iPhone 4s Que no era de la ONU de Como La Mia, La Aplicación del SE Bloquea y Se Apaga.  Tengo Que Reiniciar mi Teléfono para subir Imágenes ESA.  Podria ser Mi Viejo Teléfono Que del tenga de Problemas, Pero también Podria ser la Aplicación.  TAMPOCO me gusta la idea de Instagram Elegir Qué Imágenes para Mostrar en mi Alimentación (lo Como HACE Ahora Con los tuits de Twitter).  Me gustaria ver Lo Que Todos Los Mensajes Qu e Estoy SIGUIENDO, el pecado Solo Lo Que Un Programa Cosas Que pueden Disfrutar al máximo, ya Que por lo general, las ESTOS Programas Fuera hijo Realmente.
Fernanda Carolina S.
Fernanda Carolina S.
Yardley, PA

Instagram is one of my most commonly used app. Best social midia. I prefer to use instagram to keep up with what famous people are doing. I don't use the app to connect with friends!  I love to organize my feed! Instagram is very enjoyable for me to use because there aren't any long rants or pointless posts like Facebook. On the other hand, Instagram is slightly superficial because of the emphases on looks. If you have problems with self esteem keep in mind that Instagram only shows a person's good side and you can't see the issues somebody is having or the problems they are dealing with by looking at their posts. It is easy to look at somebody's profile and think they have a perfect life and feel bad about your life. So if you're going to use this app, use it with the right mindset. I think everyone should try Instagram but I don't think it is for everyone. But thats ok beacuse you can know differente people and inspiration!
niskarly b.
niskarly b.
MIAMI, FLORIDA

Este es mi aplicación favorita medios de comunicación social porque me encanta tomar fotos y compartir momentos con amigos y familiares. Sin embargo, hay algunas cosas que podrían ser arreglado o mejorado dentro de esta aplicación. Una gran cantidad de características especiales requiere la descarga de una aplicación separada para hacerlos trabajar o para crearlos, lo cual es frustrante, ya que no ocupa espacio en la memoria de mi teléfono cuando yo ya estoy luchando para su almacenamiento. También me parece que a veces cuando trato de publicar una imagen que tomé con mi GoPro o con cualquier iPhone que no era un 4s como la mía, la aplicación se bloquea y se apaga. Tengo que reiniciar mi teléfono para subir esa foto. Podría ser mi viejo teléfono que tenga problemas, pero también podría ser la aplicación. Tampoco me gusta la idea de Instagram elegir qué imágenes para mostrar en mi alimentación (como lo hace ahora con los tweets de Twitter). Me gustaría ver lo que todos los mensajes que estoy siguiendo, no sólo lo que un programa cosas que pueden disfrutar al máximo, ya que por lo general estos programas son realmente fuera.
Kayla W.
Kayla W.

I've had Instagram for seven years now it has changed dramatically overtime. It is one of the most popular social media used today. Some of the features are pretty interesting to use. I do not like the new features. I found it weird that Instagram is similar to Snapchat but over time I got used to it. I don't use the filters on Instagram because I like to manually edit with filters. I usually don't use the camera on Instagram either since Instagram only allows to capture one picture. I really dislike uploading multiple pictures at once, it is very time consuming and it takes away the quality of showing only one picture at a time. Not a lot of people like to use it since majority of the people I know have to scroll and like all the pictures on their feed. I know a new feature will be coming soon and it will allow people to censor certain pictures. The only thing I like about Instagram is to show my followers my pictures and to socialize with other people that I've never met. I enjoy going on the explore feed to be inspired by others. Overall I still use this and I think Instagram is just updating too quickly.
Maya S.
Maya S.

Esta es mi aplicación de medios sociales favoritos porque me encanta tomar fotos y compartir momentos con la familia y amigos. Sin embargo, hay algunas cosas que se podrían arreglar o mejorar dentro de esta aplicación. Un montón de características especiales requieren la descarga de una aplicación independiente para hacer que funcionen o para crearlos, lo que es frustrante, ya que sólo ocupa más memoria en mi teléfono cuando ya estoy luchando por el almacenamiento. También me parece que a veces, cuando intento publicar una imagen que tomé con mi GoPro o con cualquier iPhone que no era un 4s como el mío, la aplicación se congela y se apaga. Tengo que reiniciar mi teléfono para poder subir esa imagen. Podría ser mi viejo teléfono con problemas, pero también podría ser la aplicación. También no me gusta la idea de Instagram elegir qué imágenes mostrar en mi feed (como Twitter ahora lo hace con tweets). Me gustaría ver lo que todos los posts que estoy siguiendo, no sólo qué cosas del programa podría disfrutar más, porque por lo general los programas están realmente fuera.
Alejandra N.
Alejandra N.
Medley, FL

This is my favorite social media application for me love to take photos and share moments with family and friends. However, there are some things that can be arranged to improve within this application. A lot of special features require the download of a standalone app to make them work to create, which is frustrating as it only takes up more memory on my phone when I'm already struggling for storage. I also find that sometimes when I try to post an image I took with my GoPro with any iPhone that was not a 4s like mine, the application freezes and goes off. I have to restart my phone in order to upload that image. It could be my old phone with problems, but it could also be the application. I also do not like the idea of ​​Instagram choosing which images to display in my feed (as Twitter now does with tweets). I would like to see what all the messages I am following, not only what program things can enjoy more, usually the programs are really out.
Natalie A.
Natalie A.

This is my favorite social media app because I love to take pictures and share moments with family and friends. However, there are a few things that could be fixed or improved within this app. A lot of special features require downloading a separate app to make them work or to create them, which is frustrating because that just takes up more memory in my phone when I'm already scrambling for storage. I also find that sometimes when I try to post an image that I took with my GoPro or with any iPhone that wasn't a 4s like mine, the app freezes and shuts down. I have to restart my phone to be able to upload that picture. Could be my old phone having problems, but it could also be the app. I also don't like the idea of Instagram choosing what pictures to show on my feed (like Twitter now does with tweets). I'd like to see what everyone I'm following posts, not just what a program things I might enjoy the most, because usually those programs are really off.
Melissa D.
Melissa D.

What is your favorite filter?
Sofia C.
Sofia C.
Stockton, CA

Is it really worth getting one?
Davia G.
Davia G.
Huntsville, AL

How long have you been on Instagram
Anni S.
Anni S.
El Dorado, AR

If you check your own Instagram profile - what would you say you take most pictures of? Food? Your pats? Selfies?
Shannon A.
Shannon A.
Hempstead, New York

As an insta addict I want to ask, how many pictures (within a day) are too much to post?!