Instagram uploaded by Julianna Castellani F.Instagram uploaded by Chelsea B.Instagram uploaded by Louise A.See all 336 photos

BY INSTAGRAM, INC. #1 in Apps

Instagram is an online mobile photo-sharing, video-sharing, and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos, and share them either publicly or privately on the app, as well as through a variety of other social networking platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Flickr.

• What are some pro tips for increasing...I tend to like a lot of photos... 4 Answers
  • What's your Instagram username? Follo...@jmolloy212✨ 19 Answers
  • Is it really worth getting one? Yes, way better than FB or Twi... 139 Answers
Photos (327)
  • "It is a great way to stay connected and it doesn't have to be overbearing with too much information out there like some people have with facebook." in 1242 reviews
  • "After I joined influenster I started working on being more influential on social media which meant getting on more networks than just Facebook." in 1242 reviews
  • "I love that I can use it to share photos with friends and family as well as show my artistic side when I am feeling creative." in 506 reviews
  • "Instagram is great to share pictures but the only problem is the fact that many times there is random advertising on accounts and the nudity is pretty high but I just report it when I randomly come across it." in 460 reviews
  • "It is so much fun to see what your friends are posting for every day pictures, and it is even more fun looking to see what other people are posting." in 320 reviews
Natalie A.
Natalie A.
This is my favorite social media app because I love to take pictures and share moments with family and friends. However, there are a few things that could be fixed or improved within this app. A lot of special features require downloading a separate app to make them work or to create them, which is frustrating because that just takes up more memory in my phone when I'm already scrambling for storage. I also find that sometimes when I try to post an image that I took with my GoPro or with any iPhone that wasn't a 4s like mine, the app freezes and shuts down. I have to restart my phone to be able to upload that picture. Could be my old phone having problems, but it could also be the app. I also don't like the idea of Instagram choosing what pictures to show on my feed (like Twitter now does with tweets). I'd like to see what everyone I'm following posts, not just what a program things I might enjoy the most, because usually those programs are really off.
Vanna L.
Vanna L.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I've been using Instagram for a few years now, and at first I started out disliking Instagram, but it's really helped me connect with like minded bloggers, and I've made a lot of dear friends over the couple years that I've been using it. I wish there weren't so many random changes all the time, but it's a really solid app that's gotten better over the years. It's a great way to promote and connect with people, much easier than any other social network I've used. One thing I really dislike are all of the constant updates. Certain ones are great, like the stories feature, but I don't like the analytics used when it comes to the accounts I follow; Instagram chooses what it thinks I want to see rather than showing things in chronological order, which can be infuriating because I end up missing a lot of posts from my friends/family. Overall, it's a great platform, but could use some tweaking.
Sam L.
Sam L.
Spring Hill, FL
Instagram is probably my favorite social media platform and most used app. I could spend hours on it just looking through the millions of pictures, reading the stories and even watching the new videos. Photography is one of my hobbies and it's a great place to share my photographs and also connect and see other ps creativity as well. The only wish I have for Instagram is to be able to choose whether I want my feed to be I. The randomized algorithm or chronologically. It drives me mad to see one post from 2 minutes ago and the next 2 days ago and the following 6 phrase ago. I like everything to be in order. Including my pictures. Chronologically is the way to go.
Bárbara G.
Bárbara G.
Cuando empecé a usar la aplicación no la entendí, pero me gustaba la idea de poder compartir mis fotografías y ver las de los demás, es muy interesante la aplicación. YO NO TENGO una obsesión con esta app, la uso solo para distraerme un rato y lo logra. DESVENTAJAS EN MI TELÉFONO después de unos 10 minutos de estar observando, comentando o viendo lo que postean la app se cierra sola en mi teléfono algo que es verdaderamente molesto puesto que estoy en alguna cuenta interesante y ya me quedo sin ver las fotos): A pesar de todo, es muy buena, tiene merecida todas las estrellas porque cumple su función, que es entretener.
Jessica B.
Jessica B.
Franklin, TN
I understand updating the app, but I don't like that they changed their logo. I tend not to click on the app as much. The app is functional, works well with the iPhone. I don't like the all white background with the black wording. It took some getting use to. The new filter options are nice, but I have to give it 4 stars because I like the look and layout of the older version. I also don't like that the pictures are no longer in order "newest to oldest", it's become too much like Facebook and shows me the post that it thinks that I want to see. So sometimes I'll miss out on a post because of it. Not cool!
Amanda L.
Amanda L.
I love Instagram and it is one of my favorite apps. It is fun to post pictures on this app. I love the white layout instead of the white and blue they had before. I also love that I can post Boomerang videos to my feed. My favorite feature that they updated is that I can post almost any size picture to my feed. The picture doesn't have to be square. The reason I am only giving this four stars is because I don't like the new Instagram stories. They copied Snapchat and it is just takes up more room on the app. I don't even use that feature. I also don't like the new Instagram icon.
Moni A.
Moni A.
I love to post things I like and or just post dumb selfies from time to time, but over the years I have used that feature less because I've been on instagram for about 3 years. I loved it when instagram introduced the 15 second video and direct message feature it gave more of a greater atmosphere of what ig was then. What I don't like is the trending hashtags and explore page to see what post and or videos my fellow followers have liked. I do miss the explore page then, when it actually showed the most popular top post on ig. I also hate how buggy and easily the app can crash.
Amina D.
Amina D.
Boston, MA
I officially made an Instagram last year in 2015 thinking that the only type of people who Instagram are people who just snapchat what they have for lunch. When I finally started to really use it I realized that it can show the style of different peoples pictures and seeing the world in different perspectives. Many people from all around the world can connect to similar places/things which can create bonds with people from different places and backgrounds. Overall Instagram is a social media platform where people can express themselves picture wise and even video wise.
Sharene A.
Sharene A.
Instagram is a great app to upload pictures for everyone to see. It is great for seeing everyone's feed. Lately, Instagram had lost that. Instagram was so colorful and amazing but now it is so bland. After the update it is so ugly and i don't really want to use this app anymore. They had recently added a new feature which is stories and it's exactly like Snapchat so basically Instagram copied Snapchat. Instagram also made the photos not in chronically in order which sucks. It is good for uploading pictures but the new features i don't like at all!
Robin R.
Robin R.
Los Angeles, CA
Instagram is one of the must social network apps that everyone needs on their device. Their recent update which adds longer video and the ability to clip together clips of video from your library makes it even more awesome than before. Everyone lately has been asking followers to turn on notifications. This is because their algorithm will soon change so that you see more relevant posts instead of everything based on time. But be careful. If you turn on notifications that mean you will be notified every time that user posts, which can get annoying.
Melissa D.
Melissa D.
What is your favorite filter?
Sofia C.
Sofia C.
Stockton, CA
Is it really worth getting one?
Davia G.
Davia G.
Huntsville, AL
How long have you been on Instagram
Anni S.
Anni S.
El Dorado, AR
If you check your own Instagram profile - what would you say you take most pictures of? Food? Your pats? Selfies?
Shannon A.
Shannon A.
Hempstead, New York
As an insta addict I want to ask, how many pictures (within a day) are too much to post?!