BY INSTAGRAM #2 in Apps

Instagram is an online mobile photo-sharing, video-sharing, and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos, and share them either publicly or privately on the app, as well as through a variety of other social networking platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Flickr.

Instagram
  • "After I joined influenster I started working on being more influential on social media which meant getting on more networks than just Facebook." in 1242 reviews
  • "It is a great way to stay connected and it doesn't have to be overbearing with too much information out there like some people have with facebook." in 1242 reviews
  • "I love that I can use it to share photos with friends and family as well as show my artistic side when I am feeling creative." in 506 reviews
  • "Instagram is great to share pictures but the only problem is the fact that many times there is random advertising on accounts and the nudity is pretty high but I just report it when I randomly come across it." in 460 reviews
  • "It is so much fun to see what your friends are posting for every day pictures, and it is even more fun looking to see what other people are posting." in 320 reviews
Anna C.
I mean, Instagram is great. You can post photos and you can get "famous" from it, which I'm sure is what most people are trying to do. I have had Instagram since it was developed for Android, and I wished I had it when it was exclusively for the iPhone (not even iPad). It's interesting to see how it has grown! It used to be just a place that was similar to Facebook, but just photos. Now it's a place where you can share stories and highlights from those stories. One of my favorite things about Instagram is that it follows its user policy and agreement fairly strictly. It doesn't have much tolerance for people who violate their terms, unlike Twitter or YouTube. And they act pretty quickly to resolve problems.

I find that Instagram stories DO take a bit longer to load than Snapchat stories. I think that is one negative I can mention for this platform.
heaven n.
Bakersfield
As we all know Instagram is pretty big now and everyone uses it now. Instagram is a great way to embrace who you are and post pictures or videos of what you love, etc. For the most part a lot of people want to grow their Instagram, which isn’t a bad idea at all. I am in the process of growing my Instagram and have social media be my full time job, and I hope sooner or later that can be my dream come true. I love Instagram so much and I hope it can be a platform for me to influence other people. I love makeup and fashion so I hope to grow my Instagram so I could have the chance to work with companies. I grew up in a poor house hold and I still do, so I just want to provide for my family and be able to give them what we were never able to afford.
Jessica T.
Westland
I use this app on a daily basis. Instagram is my go to app. I love posting my photography photo's on my account. I enjoy seeing other photographers images. I also like looking for quotes in the # 's.
Instagram runs smoothly and never shuts down on me. Some apps on my ipod just close for no reason. There are a lot of fake accounts on it though. Like gain follower accounts and they constantly follow me. I block every single on that does but it can get annoying. Another thing I dislike about the app is that they have so many ads. Scrolling threw my feed I hate seeing so many ads.
   Otherwise the app is my favorite by far. I love the filters and also going live on Instagram is fun. I recommend this app to anyone who likes to post pictures. That is what the app is all about. Also I like how you can use hashtags so then people can find pictures that have to do with the subject they type in.
t s.
Great app for creative, fun people. It’s great for promoting yourself or your brand. There’s everything from fashion inspiration, celeb gossip, funny comedians, art lovers, makeup gurus, and just for people who like taking selfies of themselves or landscapes. I like that they changed the popular page to the explore page because everything that you are interested in will be right there instead of random pictures. The only thing that I wish they would add is more customization to your profile. Like colors, music, different fonts and just something really new and exciting. I feel like the whole white theme is kinda bland. Another thing that would be cool is to make the profile picture a little bit bigger.
Tha P.
Escondido, CA
Instagram was definitely a great social media app. It was so simple where a person is able to share a photo and all of their followers would be able to see it and click on the little heart icon to show the person that they "liked" their post. But like all social media apps and anything that quickly grows in users and popularity it becomes a tool for advertisers. I'm not against anyone or any company advertising their products, that's just how this whole thing works. Anyways Instagram has been able to keep up and evolve alongside other new social media apps and what they offer to keep their users still interested in their product. Kudos to IG, keep up the great work!
Emiley H.
Delray beach, FL
Who doesn't love Instagram? I used to the be the person who didn't take full advantage of this platform. For starters, this platform is essentially a virtual scrapbook. Add your pics, add your caption and emojis, share it with all your friends and family. You can utilize the hashtag to meet new people and connect to brands. Instagram has become a platform to increase awareness in you, your brand, your business, etc. I have done much research and in the past few months, I've been able to target new niches and reach new followers (1,000+). I definitely recommend also doing some research if you're interested in growing your brand and following!
Meekah B.
Instagram is life 💁🏽‍♀️

Instagram is my go to app on a daily. No I’m not obsessed but I honestly love seeing what people have posted. It’s basically Like FB but without all the drama. I follow my friends and artists as well as products I’m interested in. If I don’t like the posts I simply unfollow. I can take pics and videos and post them as well as  collages. The app is simple and easy to use but has a lot of awesome things to keep you busy. I even got my mom on it, she is not one to post but she loves being able to keep up with  family and friends. Definitely worth the download.
Esha Z.
Lorton, VA
Instagram is something i look at daily, and I love the filters and editing options, and the fact that you can upload multiple pictures and videos. I like that people can get recognition for art and food work, you can keep up with friends, family, and celebrities..... BUT I don't like that currently ig lets people see the last time you were active, or if you've seen their DM and not responded....
and this is kinda unfixable but... ig isn't as great as some other apps because Instagram models and editing make body image standards unreasonable and impacts self-image and self-confidence.
Jody S.
LITHONIA, GA
Instagram is a popular photo- and video-sharing app that requires only a couple of touches to produce retro-looking projects and then share them with friends and other Instagram members. With recent updates, the app adds video, letting you add filters and post to your feed much like you do with photos. It also got a new way to adjust brightness and contrast in the most recent update with a new Lux slider. But what's really special about the Instagram phenomenon is how users have used the app to create a story about their everyday lives through stylized photos and videos.
Jenna B.
I've been using Instagram for many years and the improvements have made it an incredible social media platform. Like something? Pop open Instagram, get the shot you like, slap a filter on it and write out a blurb with some hashtags and you're good to go! It is easy to follow and like users. I also really love the short video clips, which make demoing or watching things simple. Hashtags also make finding topics, items, media or pop culture easier to find when looking for specific or non related things. It's one platform that I can't live without.
Melissa D.
Pennsylvania
What is your favorite filter?
Davia C.
Huntsville, AL
How long have you been on Instagram
Sofia C.
Stockton, CA
Is it really worth getting one?
Anni S.
El Dorado, AR
If you check your own Instagram profile - what would you say you take most pictures of? Food? Your pats? Selfies?
Erin S.
Lethbridge, AB
Let’s increase our impact scores ladies! ✨ Comment your favourite beauty product letter by letter! I will like all the comments! 👍🏼 Also follow me on Instagram @influenstererin and I will follow you back! 💕