BY INSTAGRAM, INC. #1 in Apps

Instagram is an online mobile photo-sharing, video-sharing, and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos, and share them either publicly or privately on the app, as well as through a variety of other social networking platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Flickr.

• I have an Insta train going today if anyone is interested in supp...4 Answers
  • What are some pro tips for increasing your social media following?8 Answers
  • Y'all start following me on instagram @sabrina_mon4000 and I'll f...8 Answers
Instagram
  • "It is a great way to stay connected and it doesn't have to be overbearing with too much information out there like some people have with facebook." in 1242 reviews
  • "After I joined influenster I started working on being more influential on social media which meant getting on more networks than just Facebook." in 1242 reviews
  • "I love that I can use it to share photos with friends and family as well as show my artistic side when I am feeling creative." in 506 reviews
  • "Instagram is great to share pictures but the only problem is the fact that many times there is random advertising on accounts and the nudity is pretty high but I just report it when I randomly come across it." in 460 reviews
  • "It is so much fun to see what your friends are posting for every day pictures, and it is even more fun looking to see what other people are posting." in 320 reviews
Natalie A.
This is my favorite social media app because I love to take pictures and share moments with family and friends. However, there are a few things that could be fixed or improved within this app. A lot of special features require downloading a separate app to make them work or to create them, which is frustrating because that just takes up more memory in my phone when I'm already scrambling for storage. I also find that sometimes when I try to post an image that I took with my GoPro or with any iPhone that wasn't a 4s like mine, the app freezes and shuts down. I have to restart my phone to be able to upload that picture. Could be my old phone having problems, but it could also be the app. I also don't like the idea of Instagram choosing what pictures to show on my feed (like Twitter now does with tweets). I'd like to see what everyone I'm following posts, not just what a program things I might enjoy the most, because usually those programs are really off.
Sam L.
Spring Hill, FL
Instagram is probably my favorite social media platform and most used app. I could spend hours on it just looking through the millions of pictures, reading the stories and even watching the new videos. Photography is one of my hobbies and it's a great place to share my photographs and also connect and see other ps creativity as well. The only wish I have for Instagram is to be able to choose whether I want my feed to be I. The randomized algorithm or chronologically. It drives me mad to see one post from 2 minutes ago and the next 2 days ago and the following 6 phrase ago. I like everything to be in order. Including my pictures. Chronologically is the way to go.
Bárbara G.
Cuando empecé a usar la aplicación no la entendí, pero me gustaba la idea de poder compartir mis fotografías y ver las de los demás, es muy interesante la aplicación. YO NO TENGO una obsesión con esta app, la uso solo para distraerme un rato y lo logra. DESVENTAJAS EN MI TELÉFONO después de unos 10 minutos de estar observando, comentando o viendo lo que postean la app se cierra sola en mi teléfono algo que es verdaderamente molesto puesto que estoy en alguna cuenta interesante y ya me quedo sin ver las fotos): A pesar de todo, es muy buena, tiene merecida todas las estrellas porque cumple su función, que es entretener.
Jessica B.
Franklin, TN
I understand updating the app, but I don't like that they changed their logo. I tend not to click on the app as much. The app is functional, works well with the iPhone. I don't like the all white background with the black wording. It took some getting use to. The new filter options are nice, but I have to give it 4 stars because I like the look and layout of the older version. I also don't like that the pictures are no longer in order "newest to oldest", it's become too much like Facebook and shows me the post that it thinks that I want to see. So sometimes I'll miss out on a post because of it. Not cool!
Amanda L.
I love Instagram and it is one of my favorite apps. It is fun to post pictures on this app. I love the white layout instead of the white and blue they had before. I also love that I can post Boomerang videos to my feed. My favorite feature that they updated is that I can post almost any size picture to my feed. The picture doesn't have to be square. The reason I am only giving this four stars is because I don't like the new Instagram stories. They copied Snapchat and it is just takes up more room on the app. I don't even use that feature. I also don't like the new Instagram icon.
Sharene A.
Instagram is a great app to upload pictures for everyone to see. It is great for seeing everyone's feed. Lately, Instagram had lost that. Instagram was so colorful and amazing but now it is so bland. After the update it is so ugly and i don't really want to use this app anymore. They had recently added a new feature which is stories and it's exactly like Snapchat so basically Instagram copied Snapchat. Instagram also made the photos not in chronically in order which sucks. It is good for uploading pictures but the new features i don't like at all!
RosaMaria P.
Portland, OR
I love using this app and I visit the app about 100 times realistic a day just to check on makeup tips, my friends or what's new. I love following my favorite celebrities on this app. I love how you can add photos easily and the color photo effects. I don't like how they organize the photos though. Everyone is complaining about the whole new design of the app logo, but how about- how they organize your photos. I would like to find a photo that I posted about 2 years ago and to look back on it easily, with this app- your photos become lost.
Michelle W.
Mcknight, PA
I love Instagram - it's definitely my favorite and most-used app! I love using IG for inspiration, and I love that it tends to be a really happy place. The new black and white layout really puts the focus on the photos, and I love all the editing features (and the filters have gotten MUCH better over the years). It can feel really curated and a be little intimidating to post any pictures that don't seem perfect, but other than that, it's a lovely app.
Chaneya B.
Instagram is probably one of my most used apps. I probably post pics on Instagram about twice or three times a day. It is super easy to use. I use Instagram to help promote my YouTube channel as well. Sometimes I post pics that relate to my videos or even short video clips before the video is even uploaded, just so that my viewers can get a sneak peak. It's a great way to see what your friends are up to and view each others pictures.
Charity H.
Probably my favorite app, hands down. I love the newer features, like being able to have the app open and have all three of my accounts linked together. It makes promoting or networking easier. Still haven't tried out the newest features (like snap chat) and I'm curious to see how it goes over. The one negative is that they changed the way you view photos now, I liked the old way...where it would show in the order they were posted.
Melissa D.
What is your favorite filter?
Davia G.
Huntsville, AL
How long have you been on Instagram
Sofia C.
Stockton, CA
Is it really worth getting one?
Anni S.
El Dorado, AR
If you check your own Instagram profile - what would you say you take most pictures of? Food? Your pats? Selfies?
Shannon A.
Hempstead, New York
As an insta addict I want to ask, how many pictures (within a day) are too much to post?!