Instacart Delivery

Do Instacart shoppers get some sort of training ? Do they just hire anyone?
I use Walmart for pick up because our little town of Macclenny doesnt offer delivery of grocerys,do you think it's better than Walmart? Instacart Delivery ?
Does anyone else experience extremely poor customer service? I was way over charged and can’t seem to get anyone to help me. Wondering if this is normal for them?
Start your review of Instacart Delivery!
Chandra G.
Instacart Delivery uploaded by Chandra G.
I love Instacart grocery delivery services. At first I was skeptical of not being able to pick my own produce but this service saves you time and hassle of having to take a trip to the supermarket; it is also very simple to use this service.  There are many stores to choose from but I prefer to do all my shopping at Publix. You simply download the app and without any traffic of people in the store aisles you can quickly find what you need. In three simple steps; you place the order, schedule delivery (available in an hour), and wait for delivery at your front door. However, if you would like there is also an option for grocery pickup. If it is your first grocery delivery the cost is free. On the app you can find many sales and coupons. Though this service is very convenient to use, after the first usage you will have to pay a delivery fee of about $3.99/$5.99 to $7.99 and pay a tip for the delivery person. Another awesome option is to join Instacart Express membership that offers free delivery on 2 hour grocery deliveries over $35 for $99 a year after a free 2-week trial. If  you don't have time for grocery shopping during the week give this service a try.
Karen P.
Hollywood, FL
Purchased at: Publix
The first experience was good. A bit fun even. I ordered my items and proceeded to virtually watch the shopper pick items and then proceeded to my house. The only issue was that the two items were wrong. No worries, exchange in 1 hour. Plus, here is a $17 credit for your account. GREAT!! I was so surprised that I called them to make sure it was not an error, since I got my items. They said "No" thats for your inconvenience. Wow, that was nice! OR WAS IT?? OR, so you would think so. About 2 weeks later I decided to try using that credit. I'm told several times that I need to place an order over $35 and the credit will automatically be applied. So, luckily enough I need $57 worth of items. I hit "PLACE ORDER", and I am sure you are not surprised that the credit was NOT applied. So, I call customer service for help. And the agent says, No problem. Well, it was a huge mess. Her actions in my account got it flagged. But, that's not the worst part. I could order groceries because she got my account frozen. And I got a letter the next day from the fraudulent department telling me I had to prove who I was in order to I unfreeze my account. My driver's license, My SS number, my credit card information sent back in an email so I can be allowed to use their services. Instead of them listening to the tapes to see that their agent screwed things up badly in one of their newest customers. And because no one in the company wanted to find out what happened, they CLOSED my account. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE is HORRIBLE! And everything is all recorded. So be warned, they must not train staff well and these people have access to your accounts and all of your personal information. If they don't value and respect their new and existing customers, who do they value? WARNING WARNING ⚠️ Instacart Delivery Instacart
Cherie R.
Millersville
It was a great service, until there was a problem. It's true that Instacart charges more, often a lot more, for items than the grocery stores do, but I was WILLING to accept the costs in exchange for the convenience. That premium, however, should also mean that if SOMETHING IS WRONG, that the customer should have the confidence to know that Instacart will make it right. THEY DON'T, THEY WON'T, AND THEY REALLY DON'T CARE. You mean NOTHING to them. NOTHING.I recently purchased two one pound containers of crab meat from Wegman's using Instacart. I was heading out on a week long vacation and didn't have time to do the shopping, so I was glad to have a service like Instacart to help me out. I was heading to a very rural area without cell service and wifi, and my parents had asked me if I'd bring some crab meat since they can't get it where they live.After arriving, I unpacked the crab meat from the cooler and noticed that the expiration date on the bottom was APRIL 2019, and it was already late October of 2019, so the meat was SIX MONTHS EXPIRED!! Each tub, at Instacart prices was $30, so we're talking $60 worth of expired crab meat. Clearly, the Instacart shopper didn't check the date, and by the time I did, I was 500 miles from home with no way to remedy the situation.Upon returning home 9 days later, I went to the store to make a return. I was told that since it was Instacart, I'd have to contact them and do the return through them. I immediately contacted Instacart and explained the situation. THEY REFUSED TO REFUND THE COST OF THE EXPIRED PRODUCT BECAUSE, "IT HAD BEEN MORE THAN SEVEN DAYS SINCE IT WAS PURCHASED."So, it didn't matter that their shopper delivered expired product to me. It didn't matter that the product was SIX MONTHS past its expiration date. It didn't matter that I was unable to attend to the matter while I was away. It didn't matter that I was a loyal customer that got grocery deliveries every week. NONE OF THAT MATTERED AT ALL.So beware. If you need a grocery delivery service, then honestly, I'd look at a different source. Instacart is not worth the risk if they are unwilling to consider legitimate customer complaints.
Jamie J.
N Myrtle Bch, SC
We only started using Instacart since Covid. It’s actually very nice and easy to use. The convenience of not having to go out is well worth it. Just be careful with some stores as they hike up the prices a lot especially meat. All in all though it’s a great service to have and saves you a lot of time.
Courtney H.
Fulton, NY
My boyfriend and I love using Instacart. Neither of us drive so Instacart makes it super easy to get all our neccesities. I love having multiple stores at my fingertips. I highly reccomend using this service.
Anna D.
West Halifax, VT
Purchased at: Instacart
I live very rural and had delivered to a friends house for me to pick up during #coronapocalypse2020. Quick, efficient and available unlike other grocery pickup or delivery services in my area during this time.
Tara P.
Millersville, PA
I really enjoyed using this service! I was in a pinch and needed groceries on Super Bowl Sunday, but didn’t have any way to get to a store. It was my first time using the service, so I was a bit nervous. You have a personal shopper, who chooses the products in-store for you, and a delivery driver, who brings them to your door. My shopper was very communicative and nice, which made me feel like my groceries were in good hands. My driver was also super helpful as well, and helped me carry in all of the heavier items into my house. Sure, the service is a bit pricier than going and getting groceries yourself, but if you’re in a pinch, I would definitely recommend trying Instacart out!
heather R.
I have been a five-star top rated Shopper for instashopper/ instacart for a few months now. I do so well that I get $100 bonuses when I have enough hours to even be eligible for it. Which comes to one of my many problems with this company, the hours of availability. Even when you do work the required amount of hours to be able to have access to hours the following week, they claim that there is a glitch in the system that makes it unable for you to get it, or they lie to you and they tell you that the first 3 weeks you get access to the available hours early. This is not true, you do not get access to the hours available early for the first 3 weeks, it is 2 at best. If you work over 25 hours on the weekends or over 90 hours during the week in a 3 week. Then you are supposed to get access to hours the following week earlier than the people that do not meet these requirements. I said you are supposed to, that does not mean that they cannot claim a yet another glitch in the system that makes it so that you cannot get them. I have been trying to use this position at this company for a full-time main income for myself and my children. While it seems great at sometimes and I do love the work that I do for them, the fact that you can't get the hours that you need when you've done everything you were supposed to do really messes up a lifestyle, any lifestyle whether it is higher or lower or whatever you live. I like doing the job in general, I like the customers that I deal with which is anybody it could be, the employees at the stores are great when they know that I am an instacart shopper, but it is the actual companies app or the company itself that is the problem. You cannot get shopper service at all unless you are literally on a job that you are being TIMED in the middle of, that is the only time that you can actually speak to a live person. If you have any problems with any other instances then you will not get a real person also, you will get an automated AI response that has nothing to do with your initial problem and you will never get to speak to a real person that could help you. This company makes a very large amount of money on us while we are out in the rain heat and other nasty weather conditions to try to do a great five star job, but yet they can't (afford???) To have a shopper support team to be able to help you with anything. Overall, I would say that this is the most miserable independent contractor company/app to work for.
Rebecca  H.
Beaumont, CA
Instacart Delivery uploaded by Rebecca  H.
Purchased at: Walmart
I have opted to pay for the annual subscription for Instacart. I love the convince of selecting my order and having it delivered to my door. I have only used this service at Walmart. The prices are very similar to the ones you find in the store. Other stores I cannot say the same. For a busy working mom like myself this is such a life saver!
Mirla G.
Brockton, MA
Instacart Delivery uploaded by Mirla G.
Instacart Delivery is an American company that operates a grocery delivery and pick-up service in the United States and Canada. The company offers its services via a website and mobile app. The service allows customers to order groceries from participating retailers with the shopping being done by a personal shopper.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Penelope M.
Macclenny, FL
il y a 8 mois
Rebecca H. il y a 7 mois
I like that they deliver to your door and you have more options in stores than just Walmart.