BY CONAIR #51 in Hair Accessories

Hair Goes In. Curl Comes Out.

• 1” and 1 1/4” interchangeable chambers, 2 heat levels and 3 timer settings for customizable styles, from beachy waves to defined curls and everything in between
  • Titanium Ceramic for soft shiny, protected hair
  • Ionic technology eliminates static for a perfect frizz-free finish
  • 450F high heat

• I have thick wavy hair. Would this product still be god for me?1 Answers
Buy on Jet.com
Charlene M.
I received this product for free from my voxbox, and so I wanted to be blown away from it. However, I wasn’t exactly blown away but instead very pleased. Right off the bat, I noticed that the product heats up fairly quickly, which is a plus if you’re in a rush.

Now, I have fine and straight hair, so it’s difficult for curls to stay in place without dying down, which is why I chose to use the 1-inch chamber (which tends to give you tighter curls) compared to the 1 1/4 chamber (which gives you looser, wavy curls).
If you look at the picture I inserted, you can see the final result after having used this product. I am happy with the end result as it did what it was meant to do.

While there are many pros:
• Heats up quickly
• It’s relatively quicker compared to other curlers
• It’s easier (ONCE you get the hang of it! At first, it’s a little intimidating but once you try it out and continue on it, it becomes pretty easy to use)
• You don’t have to worry about having your hair get tangled inside the chamber since the product automatically releases your hair once it detects too much hair/tangles

There are cons:
• I found that the curler was significantly heavier than regular curlers, which proves to be a problem if you have thick hair like mine and have to spend a long time holding your arm up
• If you have curlier/wavier hair to begin with, this might not be the best choice for you since this product seems to work easier and more efficiently with straight/fine hair
• The smell of something burning was apparent right when the product began heating up (although it didn’t burn my hair)

TIPS:
• Part your hair! While this may be common sense amongst everyone, it’s especially important with this curler since you don’t have as much control with your hair as you would with a regular curler.

I think this a great product, especially if you’re lazy and want nice curls for half the effort. I am yet to try out every single feature on here, but with what I have tried, I am satisfied.
Mayisha A.
Hollis, NY
*I recieved this product complementary of Influenster for testing purposes*

Just some background information about me: I am a hijabi (cover my hair with a scarf) and have never been too crazy about hair care products and devices. I have fine silky straight hair and am always on the hunt for products that are easy to use as I am a novice when it comes to hair styling (don't have to do it much for obvious reasons). I was excited to try this product because it seemed to make curling your hair a lot easier than a traditional curler.

Upon opening the box, you will find the main curler and two curling insertable chambers that determine the size of your curls (tight vs loose). There aren't any concrete instructions on how to use the device. There is a small card with a few pictures, but it's not very clear. I originally attempted to use the curler on someone else and found it VERY confusing to use without any instruction. It snagged and burned hair as I wasn't using it properly.

We then decided to youtube/google for instructions and found a great video by conair on youtube that showed how to use the product. It was pretty simple to use from there. The hair inserts into the barrel, spins into position, and locks in place as the hair is heated. The curler will beep 3-5 times and then LONG BEEP when it is ready to release. NONE OF THESE INSTRUCTIONS WERE INCLUDED WITH THE PRODUCT, so you can imagine we were freaking out when the device started beeping originally, thinking it was a warning. We were prematurely trying to take the hair out of the curler, resulting in a lot of snagged hair. I actually really like this beeping feature because as someone who doesn't know how to use hair styling devices very well it served as a good indication for how long to keep my hair in the curler.

The device is pretty simple to use once you figure out how it works. It does still snag hair every now and then (I'd say about 15% of the time), but it's not bad. I initially used this product on someone else before I tried it on myself. The curler isn't the lightest curler I've ever used and I found my arm getting very sore and tired by the time I completed curling my cousin's hair. When I curled my own hair I found the product to be more difficult to use. I couldn't curl the back of my head very well and my arm definitely got tired a lot faster as I tried to maneuver the device.

Overall, I'm really glad that I got the opportunity to try this product and I do think that I will use it again in the future. However, if a traditional styled curler works for you I wouldn't jump to this just yet. The results this curler produced are STUNNING and I will definitely be reaching for it again in the future, especially if I'm helping to do someone else's hair.

**Stars docked for weight of device and lack of instructions**
Carolina M.
Belmont, MA
The product is very well made and stylish. I like that it has two sizes of barrel and include a thermal gloves.
There is definitely a learning curve with this product. The first time you used it, I got hair stuck in it. You need to practice using this tool, and each time you'll become better and faster at it. The second time I love it.
I have learned a few tricks to using this tool that seem to make it better and easier for me, and each time I use it I get faster.
Don't panic when your hair goes in and gets caught. Notice I said when, not if. This IS going to happen. It's part of the dance, go with it, release the handle and gently untangle. Try again.
I have even gone to bed and woken up with my hair still curly, without use of any styling sprays or products. Please see the attached pictures.
I received this product free for testing.
Savannah P.
*I received this product for free to test through Influenster*

I think this device is a great supplement/addition to my already-curly hair. Sometimes when my hair dries naturally, some of the curls fall a little flat and could use a pickmeup. That’s how I’ve decided (after trial-and-error) to use the product - sparingly, but not for all-over use.

For my naturally curly hair -

* Great for adding a few additional (well-defined) curls to my naturally air-dried curly hair.
* The best way for me to use this is to do it in a sporadic way, only curling 5-10 random pieces on top of my hair (not the whole thing).
* I’m naturally a little knotted up or tangled, so the InifinitPRO definitely gets stuck quite a bit.

For my sister’s thin/straight hair -

* Took around 15 minutes for me to curl all of her hair.

* She couldn’t imagine using this device on her own for the entire head (me neither…it’s cumbersome).

* Curls fell quickly once we were done.
* Did not get tangled in machine easily like curly hair did.

Overall, I wish the product was a little easier to use on my own. Having to hold it facing a certain direction is just a little more difficult and time-consuming. The curls turn out great on my hair, though…just have to learn how to avoid tangles and getting stuck!
Perlita D.
I was so excited to use this product when I opened my box and saw what it was but was disappointed in the outcome. It was hard to use and to achieve the perfect curl that I was looking for.  The curling iron is heavy and awkward to handle with short hair. Although their are flaws, there are also pros to this curling iron. The concept is awesome and I love that it has a set timer for the type of curl that you want. I also love that you are able to change the direction that the barrel spins depending on the look that you want to achieve. I think that with more practice it might get easier to use this curling iron.
Haley G.
Bountiful, UT
This product got me really excited when I first saw it. Its so freaking hard to get a perfect curl.. It would honestly take me double the time to use this.. I am afraid my hair is going to burn off. I wouldn't recommend this honestly. Its a pain to use and just hard to get the hand of using it. The curls are all sorts of crazy not what I was planning on seeing at all. Kind of bummed. Its very confusing and I honestly still have no idea what I am doing. The instructions should be way more detailed.
I would not recommend this product to anyone. :(
Melanie M.
Astoria, NY
I was so excited when I received the Curl Secret by Conair to test out! To get fun, loose curls for New Years Eve I curled my hair with the 1 in chamber, waited till the curls cooled down and ran my fingers through to loosen them up. Sometimes my hair got caught in the chamber which freaked me out a bit but it easily let go when I opened the curler. All in all, a great product that’ll save me a lot of time getting ready 👌🏼
Kate D.
Practice makes perfect! It took me a few tries to figure out how to best use it on my hair, but after I practiced a bit, I really liked the way it styled my hair. As for ease of use, it was great. It takes a second to find the right size of the sections you curl at once, but I didn’t have any trouble using the product. I was afraid that my hair would instantly be caught in the tool, and I didn’t have much issue! It got caught a couple of times but it immediately lets you know and you very easily release your hair and start over. The only thing I dislike about this tool is the inability to really change up the section sizes of hair and the intensity of the curl. While there are the two barrel sizes, which is great, there are some days where I just want more of a “bend” to my hair, instead of a spiral curl, and the beach wave barrel is still a bit too much for my personal taste for those days. But overall, I really like the product. It’s easy to use and works just as advertised. Pleasantly surprised and I will definitely be using it often!
Paola G.
Miami , FL
I am very happy with my new conair, I have to tell you that it is incredible.
When I opened the box I was very surprised by the quality of the product, it was difficult to learn how to use it because I hadn’t used one before, but when you find out how to use it, is very easy and it leaves your hair beautiful.
Thanks to @Conair @Influenster I had my perfect hairstyle for Christmas night! Girls 100% recommended, you really need to try this! Totally in love with my free #VoxBox !! curl curl hair hahaha

#GoConair #ConairXTarget #Complimentary #Contest Infiniti Pro by Conair Curl Secret
Sonia K.
Marina Dl Rey, CA
I really wanted to like it...but honestly this didn't work for me. It took me an hour to curl my hair Vs. 20min with my regular curler; and the curls were gone the next day. Since I have thick hair, I usually don't wash my hair too often and really need my Day 1 hairstyle to last me for a few days; which is not a problem with a regular curling wand. Also, it kept pulling on some of my little hairs which hurts and they would then break. Super bummed out but ultimately, do not recommend.
Steph M.
Manhattan, KS
I have thick wavy hair. Would this product still be god for me?