BY INFANTINO #7 in Baby Carriers

Infantino - Sash Mei Tai Baby Carrier: Recommended for a child from 8-36 lbs 3 carrying positions grow with baby: facing-in cozy time, hip hugging, backpack exploring Comfort Baby Carrier supports baby in natural seated position Includes detachable hood to protect baby Mei Tai design allows maximum comfort and flexibility Lumbar support helps relieve shoulder pressure Stylish printed fashion for a pop of style Extra wide padded straps Fabric: Outer/liner: 100 percent cotton Side body/strap filling: 100 percent polyurethane foam Care: machine wash Backpack Carrier Dimensions: 12"L x 5.5"W x 20.5"H Questions about product recalls? Items that are a part of a recall are removed from the Walmart.com site, and are no longer available for purchase. These items include Walmart.com items only, not those of Marketplace sellers. Customers who have purchased a recalled item will be notified by email or by letter sent to the address given at the time of purchase. For complete recall information, go to Walmart Recalls . see more...

• It is cheaper or expensive???3 Answers
  • Would this carrier be ideal for a newborn? I am having my...3 Answers
  • Is this baby carrier worth it ? What is the price ?2 Answers
Leah N.
Farmington, NM
I LOVE this carrier so much. I really had no idea how much it would come in handy. My son is now three months old and we've been using this carrier since he was just a few weeks old. It is an absolute must when we go shopping, since my son pretty much demands movement 80% of the time he is awake.
The carrier is easy to put on and actually works well for infants who aren't big enough to have their legs sticking out yet. It comes with a removable hood, which is great for blocking sun and rain. There's also a practical little loop to clip a pacifier to, which we use every time.
The quality of the carrier is OUTSTANDING and is only about 30 dollars! I was planning on using this until I could swing buying an ergo carrier, but I love the Mei Tai so much, I'm not even going to bother!
Another thing I like about this carrier is that it doesn't cut off at the hips, which can cause hip dysplasia. This carrier supports the hips and cuts off right beneath the knee.
Charlisa D.
Lafayette, IN
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
My son loves to cuddle in this carrier sometimes I wear him in the house just because he wants me to hold him all the time I really love it , it's totally worth buying and it COMFORTABLE even helps my back
Susana M.
Rosemead, CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This carrier in my opinion is better for older babies and shorter periods of wearing. I would only reach foe it if I absolutely had no other clean carrier. The fabric is not very breathable or stretchy.
Raelene V.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I currently have this and it seems to be ok. I thought it would be more flexible with size adjustments and it is. I still need help getting him into it without feeling I will drop my baby.... but it ok
Ashley H.
Keller, TX
I have been wearing babies for over 9 years now. I've owned just about every carrier you could imagine. I currently have this Mei Tai, a Tula, a boba 4g, two wraps and a ring sling in my arsenal. Even owning my "higher end" carriers- I still reach for this often. I can still carry my 30lb 18 month old fairly easily. I wouldn't think it would be a great option for us for a long day of wearing, but short trips to target are awesome. This is a great starter product also- the price point is perfect for a first time wearer! Can be worn from newborn (by folding the waistband up and sitting the child in frog legged) up to toddler. My son is too long waisted for an ergo at 18 months, but can still fit in this.
Janell O.
Geneva, NY
This was my first baby carrier. I loved the idea of it, but it wasn't very practical for upstate new York. The straps are so long that they drag on the ground when you're trying to put it on. You need to have somewhere to set down baby while you tie the first knot. The ends of my straps were always wet from the snow, and laying the baby somewhere accessible to scoop her up was difficult during the winter and when going into stores. It loosened very easily too, so you constantly have to reposition and retie your knots.
Emily C.
Temple Terr, FL
This was a great first baby carrier for me. First of all you can't beat the price! Second, it is east to put on and take off by your self. I kept mine in my trunk and used it instead of lugging around the baby car seat when I would go shopping. Third, it is ergonomic AND comfortable for the baby. Mine came with "sleepy dust" and my son would constantly fall asleep in it. There were actually a few nights where he would be fussy and walking around the house with him in the carrier put him to sleep! My only complaint (that would make this review 4.5 stars out of 5 if I could take away a half star) would be that this carrier is not for "bigger" people. I am pretty petite (5'4" 160 lbs) and I loaned it to my friend so she could try out the magic. I think she was around 5'8" 180-190 lbs, and she had trouble wrapping the ties all the way around.
Andrea B.
Roanoke, VA
This is by far my favorite carrier!!!!!! It is well within pur budget compared to other carriers and it is so easy to use. Everytime i put my baby in it he falls asleep. So comfy for both of us!
Hadiya E.
Doral, FL
At first I was so scared to use this as it said "hazard" on the inside. Then I watched some videos and as my baby grew I started to feel a little more comfortable about using something without snaps/clasps or clips. She is now three months and 14 pounds and I use this everyday. I use it around the house and out. Once tied properly, it is comfortable and fits her snugly. It does get a bit warm for her sometimes so I'd only wear for an hour tops. Even at an hour it does not hurt my back.
The pattern is adorable, it washes well, it fits both my SO and I (and he is wide). I'd definitely recommend this to anyone.
Molly B.
Christiansbrg, VA
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Very complicated and frustrating to use. I had this with my daughter, but never really used it because it took too long to get on. Then I had to rig it to make it work for her little legs.
Tara S.
Indianapolis, IN
Is this carrier comfortable on the shoulders? Does it cause any discomfort after prolonged use?
Tiffany s.
I'm a first time mom and I've been looking into carriers and I was wondering if this was a good choice?
Megan B.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
How good of a carrier is this for a month old?
Ashley K.
Aliquippa , PA
Is this a versatile baby wearing product?
Jojo T.