BY INFANTINO #7 in Baby Carriers

Infantino - Sash Mei Tai Baby Carrier: Recommended for a child from 8-36 lbs 3 carrying positions grow with baby: facing-in cozy time, hip hugging, backpack exploring Comfort Baby Carrier supports baby in natural seated position Includes detachable hood to protect baby Mei Tai design allows maximum comfort and flexibility Lumbar support helps relieve shoulder pressure Stylish printed fashion for a pop of style Extra wide padded straps Fabric: Outer/liner: 100 percent cotton Side body/strap filling: 100 percent polyurethane foam Care: machine wash Backpack Carrier Dimensions: 12"L x 5.5"W x 20.5"H Questions about product recalls? Items that are a part of a recall are removed from the Walmart.com site, and are no longer available for purchase. These items include Walmart.com items only, not those of Marketplace sellers. Customers who have purchased a recalled item will be notified by email or by letter sent to the address given at the time of purchase. For complete recall information, go to Walmart Recalls . see more...

• It is cheaper or expensive???3 Answers
  • Would this carrier be ideal for a newborn? I am having my...3 Answers
  • Is this baby carrier worth it ? What is the price ?2 Answers
Adrienne T.
Mc Calla, AL
I received the Infantino - Sash Mei Tai as a gift when I was pregnant with my third child. I really like the pattern and the flexibility of a mei tai, and this was my first.
PROS:
- Can be used for babies and toddlers
- Frees mommy's (or any caregiver) hands to cook, clean, care for other children, etc.
- Babywearing is beneficial to both parent and child
- Because of the long sashes, this can be used by many different body types and sizes
- It can be tied in different ways depending on what feels most comfortable and has sash guides to keep the sashes from slipping
- It distributes the child's weight nicely by having waist sashes and shoulder sashes
- Has a sincher to adjust the seat width for smaller babies, but still has a wide enough seat to support baby's bottom and legs
- Belt can be folded up to shorten the panel height for smaller babies
- Once broken in, it is very soft
- Shoulder sashes have padding to prevent any "cutting" into the wearer's neck
- Can be worn front or back, as long as baby is facing in
- This worked well for me to breastfeed while wearing baby
CONS:
- Sash tying takes some practice. It seemed very tricky at first
- It takes several washes and wears to break it in
- Prior to breaking in, it's very stiff and hard to tie a secure knot
- This carrier is not for tiny babies. Child needs to have head/neck control prior to use
- I feel like the black shows every bit of spit/drool and attracts all dust and fuzz. I can never keep mine clean.
- There is no option to allow child to face out to view the world.
Overall, I really like this carrier and will use it again for my fourth child.
MELANIE B.
Henderson
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
For the price this does the job. I attempted using out alone and I wasn't able to do it because the straps are so long and it needs to wrap around you a bunch of times. Not practical for outside use. Who has time for this in the parking lot?
Priscilla P.
Killeen, TX
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Me & My Husband Absolutely Love This !! It's so easy to use and it's so comfortable !! It makes baby carrying So easy ! My little girl loves to be carried alot so this makes this so much easier and convenient for us ! Definitely recommend
Brittani B.
San Tan Vly, AZ
This is a great starter wrap. I loved that this wrap was much easier than the super long mai tei ones that the fabric is super stretchy and loose feeling. I purchased mine from Target and used this for many months until I upgraded!
Rebecca H.
Batavia, Ohio
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
I really liked this carrier. Having to tie it did intimidate me at first but it's extremely easy to learn. The only down fall is that my baby outgrew it quickly. I apparently have large children so we only got a good years use of it.
courtney L.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Absolutely love this carrier!!! We didn't get it until my daughter was about 13 months old and I wish we had had it when she was tiny. When she was first born we had a baby Bjorn carrier and it was okay, but this one was way better!! And it's way cheaper, so bonus there!! She is now 2 and we still use it from time to time, and we will continue to until she outgrows it. I cannot wait for our next baby to get it from day one! I love how it ties around you and the baby, so it's comfortable and easy to adjust. It's nice because you can put it where you need it real easily. And she loves it! Super comfy for both. I wore it on a 3 mile hike in the mountains when she was 18 months old and it didn't bother me at all! Can't say enough good things about it!!
Jessica P.
Homestead, FL
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This would work just fine for a petite mom but I (at a size 8-10) found the straps to be too short to be able to wind it around the way I would like and tie a knot as securely as I would like. I ended up returning it to the store.
Shannon S.
Fredericksbrg, VA
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
It's a great carrier until baby gets heavy. My babe is pushing 30 lbs now at 9 mos so it's painful to wear. It's a nice carrier it's simple to put on. I had a hard time getting it tight enough sometimes. I did use it all the time
Leonie W.
Hinesville, GA
Definitely a good beginner carrier! I started out with a moby but it was just too much fabric and took way too long to get going so I decided to give this a try. I was surprisingly satisfied! It was easy to tie and fast so baby didn't get fussy before we started moving. We started using it when my son was only a few weeks old but While wearing baby felt very safe and secure and was close! My only complaint isn't even a complaint but I wish I could back carry. Instead we bought a Tula :) If you're trying to figure out if baby wearing is for you without spending a whole lot I definitely recommend trying this out!
Lisa W.
Joseph City , AZ
My husband bought this for me when my daughter was born and I love it!! It's so easy to use! I wish she could face outwards on the front but baby likes it and stays comfy nice for the zoo or airport to stay hands free!
Tara S.
Indianapolis, IN
Is this carrier comfortable on the shoulders? Does it cause any discomfort after prolonged use?
Tiffany s.
I'm a first time mom and I've been looking into carriers and I was wondering if this was a good choice?
Megan B.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
How good of a carrier is this for a month old?
Ashley K.
Aliquippa , PA
Is this a versatile baby wearing product?
Jojo T.