Infamous 2 PS3 by PS3

by PS3

Save Humanity. Or Destroy It All? inFAMOUS 2 is the second chapter in the best selling franchise for the PS3 system. This immersive open world action adventure offers a realistic take on being a super hero. Blamed for the destruction of Empire City and haunted by the ghosts of his past, Cole must make a dramatic journey to discover his full super-powered potential - and face the final confrontation with a dark and terrifying enemy from his own future.

I’m a fan of tomb raider and uncharted, would you recommend this to me?
I really liked the first in the series, would I also like this one? Is it true to form?
I just finished the first INFAMOUS and I want to know is it worth buying the second one to continue the story?
Start your review of Infamous 2 PS3 by PS3!
How would you rate this product?
Cottage Hills, IL
My brother bought this game for my boys for Christmas last year. And my oldest plays it more than his brother does. But I love any game that can hold their attention
New Lexington, OH
Infamous 2 has a pretty big set of shoes to fill after the success of the first. It seemed like it would be hard to improve upon the mechanics of the first game. Yet Sucker Punch studios managed to find a way, and produce a worthy sequel to Infamous. GAMEPLAY If you have played Infamous then you will feel right at home with Infamous 2. Not much has changed gameplay wise from the original except for loads of polish. Your character will keep his powers, avoiding a Metroid or God of War scenario, and earn additional powers throughout the game. Climbing mechanics, aiming, melee combat all feels more fluid and lively when compared to the original. You will explore a brand new city, take side quests and missions, find dead drops and shards... its all here all over again just with a new coat of paint. On top of new powers to unlock, Cole now has access to THE AMP which allows him additional combat moves especially with melee. To top it all off the map now has some destructible elements which add a nice bit of devastation to Cole's attacks, and goes along exceptionally well if you decide to take the EVIL path. One thing that does put a damper on the gameplay however is the camera mechanics. This time around the camera got in my way a lot more than it did in the first installment, especially when it came to melee combat with the amp. The camera gave this really nice comic book effect sometimes, giving nice low angle close ups to the fight but it also cut off my view of oncoming danger; and sometimes when jumping would go behind a building or wall leaving me blind to my position. While not a major problem it does put a tiny damper on the gameplay GRAPHICS A big time improvement over the first game, and overall the game looks great! The graphics are rendered exceptionally well, and the effects of Cole's powers never looked better. The best part of all is the new city. It looks magnificent when compared to the previous. There is a lot more activity and visual effects going on that really do make the city feel more alive. It is a major improvement over the first title I feel. SOUND/STORY Sound wise, the game is very lively. Cole's powers have a lot more effect to them and overall the game just sounds great. Voice acting is of high quality in my book. The new voice actor for Cole at first might seem out of place, when compared with the original, but it grew on me over time. Story wise the game has a decent story, on par with the first game. Like in the original you can chose to be Good or Evil depending on your actions making for two endings and in a way; Two story arcs each leading to different sets of skill upgrades and storyline elements. REPLAY/LENGTH Depending on how obsessed you get with collecting shards, dead drops, side quests etc the game should take you anywhere from 14 - 17 hrs. Replay value is exceptionally high! Not only do you have both a Good and Evil storyline to complete, but shards, dead drops, side quests all return and then some. If you loved the first you will have no problem playing though this game twice with ease. There is also an online element to Infamous 2 which allows you to create and play user created maps/content. While the controls and implementation of the creator do need some work (in my opinion) the level of creation available is high. Given some time expect to see some wild user-generated content online! OVERALL A- ... 90% Infamous 2 does the original game justice. It doesn't change the formula much, instead just improving upon what made the original a greatest hit; while also giving it a nice face lift graphically. Throw in new super-powers, user-generated content and online, and you have yourself a winner. While Infamous 2 is not a perfect game, it does more than enough to make itself out to be a powerful, high quality title well worth the price of admission.
Ashland, OH
Gamer Expert Level 1
Infamous is by far one of ym favorite games ever. I played the crap out of all of them and i played them multiple times to get the good and bad endings and i just thoroughly enjoyed these games. I would definelty buy all of them again because its a childhood love of mine.
Gamer Expert Level 3
1905 reviews
My fiance got this game at Game Stop for a couple of $$$ and I've been watching him play it and collect all of the trophies. The graphics are alright, they're not the best but they're not that bad, either. I've liked the story line so far, though I haven't been paying attention much. It looks like a great game, though.
Gamer Expert Level 1
I had been previously PS3 , i am A great fan about gaming graphics . I love PS3 Due to my study i Stop spending time on game . I have a plan once i will done my education i will buy PS4 . inFAMOUS 2 is as solid as the original game if not more-so. Sucker Punch has nailed the superhero formula and created what could be the perfect superhero simulation for any platform. This game is the perfect way to scratch that desire in your imagination to be more than human..inFAMOUS 2 is another strong example of a super-hero game done right, and serves as a great example that sequels can expand on the original formula without being derivative.
Pittsburgh, PA
This game always has you changing it up. You can choose whether you want to ve a good guy or a bad guy at every decision of the game. It's so unique and fun. There are these light type of things that you haave to collect on top on building... across power lines etc. We actually played it twice. Once good guy and once the bad guy.
It is fun and is easy to navigate. The controls are really responsive, so you never feel like "Why are you doing what I'm pressing?!?!?" Admit it, you've felt like that before. The only thing is that after a while, the story starts to drag on and you lose sight of what the objective is. You complete all these missions, but for what? Even still the idea of this dude fighting with electric powers is pretty cool.
Escondido, Ca
It is, of course, a super fun time to run around with super powers. While Infamous 2 had a decent story, parts of it felt hollow and repetitive. Clearing city blocks is only fun for so long, but the temptation to shoot lightning did help get me through the slower portions of the adventure.
San Pablo, CA
Just Splendid!!! If you enjoyed playing Infamous, I guarantee that infamous 2 will keep you glued to your couch. As the story progresses and you become more engrossed and anxious as to what will, or can happen, you will naturally become enriched with what the plot has to offer. Decently easy to beat the game with a good amount of character build. Overall a fun game to rent out or have as a collection.
SAN ANTONIO, TX
I actually prefer games like Final Fantasy, but this game still has an interesting story line. I got it for free through Playstation Plus subscription, so definitely been entertaining enough for getting it free. If like more Xbox style rpg games, then would probably love this one.