BY INEVITABLE ENTERTAINMENT

• Is this an easy game? Or even worth getting! 1 Answers
  • Is this a fun game for kids to play?4 Answers
  • This was very entertaining as a child I stayed up for day...3 Answers
Inevitable Entertainment The Hobbit
  • "Tolkien describes Middle Earth and it's inhabitants in such rich detail that you can understand how Peter Jackson had a clear vision when he made the LoTR's films." in 7 reviews
  • "i had to read it in 7th grade and ive chosen to re read it about 3 more times... i really think everyone should read it before high school... " in 6 reviews
Kandis T.
Buda, TX
For me the book the Hobbit reminds me of when I was little and my family went camping. Every night my dad would gather my sisters and I around the campfire and read us the amazing adventures of Bilbo and the dwarfs. Its one of my best memories and I have continued the tradition with my kids.Sadly the movie has taken away some of Tolkien's magic so please please read the book!!! Never can you compare any of his books to the movies because no movie would be long enough to fully explain the story. Read it to your kids and make your own magical memories like I have!
Kimberly J.
Lancaster, PA
I always encourage people to read the books before a movie comes out because liberties are taken in film and it takes away from the books magic. The Hobbit is no exception. I was about 7 when I first read the Hobbit and I remember being lost in Tolkiens world of Elves, Dwarves, and Wizards. I re-read the book as an adult and the magic was still there! The Hobbit is one of those timeless reads that never seems to leave you.

I am also a huge fan of the movies, but reading the book is such a different experience that it changes your perception of the movie. I encourage any tolkien fan to READ THE BOOKS!
Veronica T.
Altamonte Spg, FL
Can this have an A+ option? Such a fan of Tolkien's work. His writing is so rich and creative, it seriously transports you. The trials the characters go through become your trials, the triumphs belong to the reader. Just overall a great read. Written years ago and still so relevant. The movie by the same name is a testament to what a great writer Tolkien was. As you read you can picture the lands in your mind. So glad the movies, while never as good, were able to capture a fraction of the magic these books contain.
Celeste S.
Catawissa, PA
I first read this in the 6th grade. I still remember the oral book report I did on it, standing in terror before my classmates with a ring I borrowed from my mom on a chain around my neck. I read it again before the first movie came out, and it was just as good at 27 as it was 12. The Hobbit was meant as a children's book, so it's much easier to read than the LOTR triology, not to mention much shorter. It's got everything good fantasy novels need to have: a main character it's easy to root for, magic, dragons, dwarfs, wizards. And who wouldn't love to have a ring that makes them invisible?
Cassandra F.
Nashville, TN
I didn't read this book until after I had already watched the movie and I wasn't expecting much to be honest. I loved the movie but as you all know books usually differ greatly from the movie adaptions. With that being said the book was pretty great. It held my interest and had good plot lines. However, to me the ending seemed rushed. Like the writer had this whole lead up just to kind of put the ending together in a couple of pages which was very disappointing to say the least. All in all a good read but I wish he would have spent more time with the last couple of chapters.
Ashley S.
Coral Springs, FL
As a fan of the Lord of the Rings film trilogy, I decided I wanted to read the books. I started with this one (and have not seen the film for it) and loved it. There is detail in every page and the story and characters are fantastic. My only comment is the fact that some descriptions go on for a little too long. Obviously Tolkien needed to be specific in his details since he created a new world, but reading about the look of trees and forests for a few pages was a little too extensive. Nevertheless, if you want to fully commit to a long but great story, here is one!
Alexandra N.
Valley Vlg, CA
This book should be a staple in every household, library, and school. It is a wonderful children's story that can easily be enjoyed by adults as well. If you want to get your kid started on an entertaining chapter book that will teach them about friendship and morals while following a hobbit on a fantastical adventure, this is the story for you. I might be biased because I'm a huge Tolkien fan, but this was the first book that introduced me to Middle Earth. It really made me love fantasy and provided me with friends that will be with me for a lifetime.
Yukie S.
Once you get used to Tolkien's style of writing (which doesn't take long) The Hobbit is a very quick read and a very fun story.
Tolkien manages to add a ton of detail and make it all contextually support the action without making the writing overly dense.
The movies do a pretty good job bringing a lot of the detail to life, but there are just some things that can't be expressed in a movie.
The adventures that Bilbo and the gang go through are very unique and are still unlike most modern adventure novels.
I highly recommend this to ages 10+.
Heidi B.
Monson, MA
I tried to read this book. Twice. I loved the movies (ducks again) and I know they are pretty much a snack compared to the meal that is the books. I just couldn't stand Bilbo in the book. He was just so annoying to me. By the time he got to the trolls I was hoping they would sit on him already. Since I couldn't get through this book I figure I don't have the right to touch Lord of the Rings! Mostly out of respect for Tolkien!

Lisa V.
Jacksonville, FL
Love this book, very imaginative and descriptive. A must read for ages 8-12. Even if your child can't read it by themselves, it is a great book to read to them and let them illustrate what they imagine. It has adventure, poetry, mythology, and plenty of references to Norse/European Medieval culture. It is a very brainy fantasy novel (unlike many modern ones I have come across), and great for developing vocabulary and helping student's visualize what they read.
jennifer d.
Is this a fun game for kids to play?
Brenda W.
Seale, AL
This was very entertaining as a child I stayed up for days playing this. Very fun still have my copy
Irene R.
Memphis, TN
Is this from a movie?
Heather L.
Mayville, NY
Is this an easy game? Or even worth getting!
diana v.
wasco, CA
Im just here for my badge.