BY RANDOM HOUSE

For fans of Marie Lu and James Dashner comes the first book in an epic new series. "Brace yourself. You"re about to be immersed in a mindscape that you'll never want to leave." -Marie Lu, New York Times bestselling author of the Legend trilogy This morning, Kady thought breaking up with Ezra was the hardest thing she'd have to do. This afternoon, her planet was invaded. The year is 2575, and two rival megacorporations are at war over a planet that's little more than an ice-covered speck at the edge of the universe. Too bad nobody thought to warn the people living on it. With enemy fire raining down on them, Kady and Ezra-who are barely even talking to each other-are forced to fight their way onto one of the evacuating fleet, with an enemy warship in hot pursuit. But their problems are just getting started. A deadly plague has broken out and is mutating, with terrifying results; the fleet's AI, which should be protecting them, may actually be their enemy; and nobody in charge will say what's really going on. As Kady hacks into a tangled web of data to find the truth, it's clear only one person can help her bring it all to light: the ex-boyfriend she swore she'd never speak to again. Told through a fascinating dossier of hacked documents-including emails, schematics, military files, IMs, medical reports, interviews, and more-Illuminae is the first book in a heart-stopping, high-octane trilogy about lives interrupted, the price of truth, and the courage of everyday heroes. see more...

Melissa C.
This book was an absolute MIND ⬛⬛⬛⬛..
I’M STILL NOT OVER IT. I DON’T KNOW IF I’LL EVER GET OVER IT.

Let me start out by saying I almost DNF-ed this book. This book definitely is not for everyone. I was confused for at least the first 100 pages, but curiosity got the better of me and I pushed my way through. AND I’M SO GLAD I DID. IT WAS SO WORTH IT. ASDLFJSALKDFJLASJLA.

I loved the idea of this book being in emails, IMs, transcripts, images, etc. It’s different. I also like audiobooks. So I started out by listening to JUST the audiobook. Fatal mistake. Don’t listen to JUST the audiobook. I’m very glad I did the audiobook but you also need the physical book. You need to look at these pages. There are things the audiobook just can’t convey. You can’t do the audiobook alone for the first time you read this. You’ll end up disliking it, like I almost did. But the audiobook is A-MAZ-ING. Wow. I’m so glad I listened to it, it really helped me enjoy this book a lot more!

So listen to the audiobook but also read the physical book. (Libraries are your best friend.)

Sci-fi also isn’t really my thing, hence my utter confusion early on. This is a book you don’t really fully understand what’s really going on until at least halfway through or until the end. I usually hate books like that, but I enjoyed this! Once I got into it, I couldn’t put it down! Don’t let the 599 pages scare you. With images on some pages, and a lot of it in the form of IMs, it's a quick read.

Warning, I was paranoid something/someone was out to get me the entire time I read this book. Is that just me?

I can’t wait for Gemina I CAN’T WAIT. I NEED IT.
Julie M.
This is an amazing book. Such a unique writing style and I was sucked in by the first 50 pages. I loved the world and the plot. I loved the AI system. I just was not fond of either main character. Still an amazing read!!
Ashley H.
I absolutely adored this book! It's a young adult sci-fi adventure that will break your heart and then mend it back together. This plot line is absolutely insane and I love how everything came together. The story is told in a fresh, new, unique way that will keep you on the edge of your seat for the entirety. The hardback is a bit pricey, but it's totally worth splurging on. It's gorgeous! I highly recommend this book.
Sydney Y.
Absolutely incredible. Part scifi, part government conspiracy, part romance, and part horror make up the brunt of this book, where every page leaves you asking more and more questions! 100% cannot wait for the sequel.
Amanda K.
This book was so amazing. The most unique thing about this book is how you read it. You read it through files and reports from other people. It is so emotional though and you feel so connected. I recommend so much.
Ashley M.
Mountain View, CA
I picked this book up because my book club selected it. I was skeptical at best because I generally don't love books that are pieced together with too many outside perspectives, or whatever. I'm not even that big of sci-fi fan. But this book is great. The voice of the characters is hilarious, and raw, and you fall in love with them immediately. Basically, read it immediately. You won't regret it.
Jennifer M.
I love this book. It is so unique. I flew through it. Highly recommend to everyone.
Carol N.
Un libro que te atrapa a la primera, además de tener un bello diseño, tanto interno como externo, la historia es contada de una manera diferente y llamativa, sin mencionar que te mantiene en ascuas hasta el final, la trama en sí es bastante juvenil pero sin pasar a lo ridículo y cliché. Una de esas obras que merecen tu atención.
Lakeshow A.
San diego, Ca
I really enjoyed his book. Has anyone read Gemini yet? Is it a good sequel to this book?
Victoria F.