Illamasqua Nail Varnish

A vivacious nail varnish. Leave your mark with bold, rich, vibrant colors that stand out. The formula is long-wearing and chip-resistant and contains individual finishes from matte to high gloss. Apply two coats for high intensity and use with Illamasqua Nail Base Coat and Illamasqua Nail Top Coat for the perfect finish. Make a statement and talk with your hands! see more...

• I still haven't tried this brand. Is it worth the piece tag? Ho...2 Answers
  • Do these ever go on sale?5 Answers
  • Are these worth it? what color is the best?1 Answers
Buy on Beauty ...
  • "The rubber thing was weird for me, as I wasn't sure if I should top coat it or not." in 6 reviews
Elizabeth A.
This polish was indeed long-wearing, chip resistant and really VERY fast drying. I only used ONE coat (with great coverage) and that was it. It lasted a full week before I started to get chips.Highly impressed and I'd recommend to all.
Carrie B.
Brookville, OH
Illamasqua nail varnish is some of my favorite polish. It applies like a dream, lasts a long time and they have beautiful colors. They have a more narrow brush but the formula is great for application. Though it is quite expensive I really like the product and think it's worth every penny.
Gini K.
East Alton , IL
I love Illamasqua! There are some really unique shades and the quality as great. I was sad the prices went up this year from $14 to $17 a bottle. hey can be found at your local Sephora/SephoraJCP and you can occasionally find them on clearance for a fraction of the price! There are some that have to be ordered from Sephora's website like Raindrops, Pink Raindrops. I just wish the square caps were easier to pull off to reveal the smaller easier to use cap.
Shecoya P.
Bronx, NY
I recently posted about my most recent @sephora purchase (Illamasqua’s Optimist). The display claimed it’s supposed to have a rubber feel/look to it when done and supposed to be long lasting. I didn’t have that experience. Instead, I got brush strokes (even after 2 coats), chipping after day 2, and a not so rubbery feeling/look. Needless to say I’m returing this. I don’t think it’s worth $14 at all. The thing that upset me the most was the chipping after the 2nd day.

I can deal with the brush strokes and the regular matte feel because I love the color, but chipping? After day 2? That makes no sense to me.

Oh well. You win some and lose some.

Happy polishing.

Shelby G.
Avondale, AZ
Love how smooth the polish goes on the nail. The colors are vibrant and they don't chip very quickly, despite how much I use my hands. Absolutely in love with the brand.
Judi T.
I like this nail polish for 2 reasons, first they usually reach full opacity with one coat. I do not like to see the VNL (Visible Nail li e) and I do t believe others want to see it either. Depending on the color, you can hide the VNL in one coat, 2 at max. The other thing I like about this polish is the brush and the bottle. It is a very well thought out design in the bottle and the brush which makes polishing my nails so much easier. The brush is not not too big, nor is it to small. Again very well thought out. And I think it goes without saying Illamasqua has some of the MIST HAVE colors out there. Right in trend for the Fall 2012.
Conor C.
Illamasqua nail polishes, how do I love thee, let me count the ways...no that would take too long. They are amazing. Highly pigmented, chip resistant (and I go hard on my nails), nice consistency. The range of colors is absolutely gorgeous, and they come out with special colors for each seasonal collection they do. They even come out with new and exciting finishes every so often whether it be matte, vinyl or rubber boot shiny (the cap texture tells you what finish it is btw, a little hint). You can also really get away with just one coating this polish too, which is ridonkulous. I want them all!
Jacqueline Q.
Brownsville, TX
I am obsessed with all nail varnish, but my favorite is Illamasqua, i have several of them and i love the colors, very unique and shiny. It lasts long, i think like 4 days with 2 or 3 coats, well i like putting a lot since i always want it perfect.
mirian V.
Maple Shade, NJ
This stuff is amazing. I have several different shades and I love them all. It takes two coats for complete opaqueness with most (unless advertised as sheer), but you can get away with one sometimes! It is a thick formula, but it applies smoothly and effortlessly. I have gotten a complete week of wear out of this before without any chipping! It's remarkable. My only regret is that I don't have more colors. Their color selection is amazing and they actually have swatches of everything on their site which makes it easier (or harder if you want them all) to pick one! I also just recently learned that the caps can come off!! This may help some people with precise application.
Sue Ellen C.
Saint Davids, PA
This polish is probably best classified as a "Crelly" - a cream jelly and as such it is all about the layering. Either build up the polish itself (I used 3 coats) or use it over another polish (either a gray, a blue or a black). It has a lovely, subtle shimmer and in some lighting this appears more blue than gray. What I like most about this is that it is quite long lasting with minimal tip-wear and little to no chipping. If you enjoy a gray tone or really like a neutral shimmer this one is for you.
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
Whats your favorite color you've tried?
Aanya J.
Do these ever go on sale?
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
Whats your favorite color you've tried?
Laura G.
Pensacola, FL
How many Illamasqua polishes do you own?
Gabrielle F.
How much do you normally pay for a bottle?