MakeupFace MakeupFoundations & ConcealersIl Makiage
Woke Up Like This Flawless Base Foundation

Il Makiage Woke Up Like This Flawless Base Foundation

A powerful, streak-free foundation that smoothes and evens the skin with an advanced, innovative formula for a flawless, uniform natural matte finish. Available in 50 shades for all skin tones.

Woke Up Like This Foundation smoothes and evens the skin with an advanced, innovative formula that instantly minimizes the appearance of shadows and pores, effortlessly enhances the complexion and generates a flawless natural matte finish.

Easy buildability meets ultimate blendability in its ultra-fluid texture, becoming one with the skin for traceless, uniform medium-to-high coverage.
Special optically corrective powders blur fine lines, redness, and blemishes while light-diffusing spheres deflect attention away from all imperfections.

Streak-free in application and lightweight in feel for comfortable wear.

• 50 shades for all skin tones
  • Lightweight texture
  • Buildable medium-to-high coverage
  • Natural matte finish
  • Optically-corrective powders
  • Enriched with: Vitamin E for anti-aging benefits Hyaluronic acid for hydration, protection and filling wrinkles

Ive been seeing this foundation a lot. What’s the coverage like?would you recommend for someone with oily skin?
Il Makiage Woke Up Like This Flawless Base Foundation ? I've seen so much advertising for this foundation, looking for honest reviews. I have combination skin. Mostly oily, but a few dry spots. My concern is those dry areas looking cakey.
Is the coverage worth the price?
Start your review of Il Makiage Woke Up Like This Flawless Base Foundation!
Pretti E.
Marietta, GA
Il Makiage Woke Up Like This Flawless Base Foundation uploaded by Pretti E.
Review for: 225 (Deep, Red), 220 (Deep, Neutral Red)
I actually was shocked about them sending me the right shade of foundation from ne completeing an online survey. I must say, it fits me to the tee. I did the trial, and ended up keeping both the foundation and the primer.
Jenna V.
Review for: 60 (Light, Neutral Peach), 40 (Light, Neutral Peach)
This foundation is interesting. Some people seem to love it, others not so much. Il Makiage advertises this is a matte, full coverage foundation for all skin types. I’m not sure if I agree with this entirely. I applied it the first time as the directions Il Makiage included with the foundation suggested, although I did use a Beauty Blender. They say you can use a brush or sponge on their website, however the included instructions say to use a brush (specifically, their brush). It went on okay and blended out nicely, however I noticed I needed a fair amount more product to cover my face with one layer than they suggested I would need. I chalked that up to the sponge the first time around. I would classify this foundation as a medium-buildable coverage, not full like they suggest. The first layer left most of my acne scars visible, although it did cover most of my redness. Building the coverage was somewhat difficult. I found myself going over the areas I wanted more coverage for what seemed like a while trying to blend the two layers together and eliminate patchiness. Again, perhaps this was the sponges fault. The matte finish did not last as long as I would have hoped. I let the foundation set completely before setting with powder and setting spray, but was still dewy and a bit shiny about an hour or so later. By hour three of four I was an oil slick. I used my very trusted Tatcha Silk Canvas primer, which has worked well with every other foundation I’ve used. I tried using other primers and even no primer at all, only moisturizer (and different varieties of that too) but all yielded the same result: A very wet and greasy face after a few hours. I tried applying with a brush as well, which did improve the coverage of the first layer, yet I still needed to build up the coverage to completely cover my acne scars. The foundation also felt quite heavy. After about six hours, all I wanted to do was wash my face. I don’t think I should be able to feel a product sitting on my skin, which I could feel pretty obviously with this product. I opted for the “Try Before You Buy” option you make sure I got the correct shade, which I did not, even after taking their quiz. I sent shade 60 back and exchanged it for shade 40, which was not a good match either. Both of those shades are advertised as neutral, but they pulled very yellow on me. Finding a good color match for me is difficult, especially in the winter, because most warmer shades pull orange, cool shades pull pink, and neutral shades pull yellow. I can’t knock the brand for the incorrect shades, I think my skin is just difficult. Their customer service is lovely, their representatives worked with me to try to resolve my shade match problem and were very helpful. When I sent the first shade back, they exchanged it for the new shade without me needing to place another order. Overall, this product gets three stars due to the difficulty in building coverage, the lack of wear time, and the heavy feeling it gave from not properly sinking into my skin. This might be the perfect foundation for you, although it may need some finessing. I encourage everyone to try it and get a feel for it.
Tiffanie Y.
Porter Ranch, CA
Il Makiage Woke Up Like This Flawless Base Foundation uploaded by Tiffanie Y.
Review for: 60 (Light, Neutral Peach), 40 (Light, Neutral Peach)
I sort of collect foundations so believe me, I’ve probably tried more foundations than anyone you know. I was skeptical of this foundation but I decided to give it a try since it kept popping up on my instagram and got me really curious. It came in a cool square box with a lid that flips up. I like the square frosted glass bottle that it comes in. I’ve tried both of their foundations “woke up like this” and “after party”. Although I like “after party” better, I have to say this foundation is really great and took me by surprise. I used it without primer and it looked really great on my skin, blurred the pores, didn’t settle into fine lines, didn’t make me feel oily and didn’t dry my skin out either. With a primer, it looked even better! It has medium, buildable coverage and although I usually like really full coverage foundations, I was happy with the coverage this gave me. I didn’t try it with a mask on but I did wear it for about 8 hours and it looked almost the same as when I first applied it. I took the quiz on the Il Makiage website to get my shade. The first one they sent me was a bit too light but I emailed them and they sent me the correct shade, which I am very happy about! Fantastic foundation. I’d recommend it. Il Makiage Il Makiage Woke Up Like This Flawless Base Foundation
Synet H.
Las Vegas, NV
Il Makiage Woke Up Like This Flawless Base Foundation uploaded by Synet H.
Il Makiage Woke Up Like This Flawless Base Foundation uploaded by Synet H.
Review for: 145 (Tan, Neutral), 120 (Medium, Neutral Yellow), 105 (Medium, Neutral)
First let me say Il Makiage is boss for their Try before you Buy when you take the foundation quiz! Very revolutionary and disruptive in this overly saturated market, way to stand out! Ok so about the formula!! It’s bomb I can’t deny that, but I never could get my color matched, and after 3 tries I kinda just gave up and sent the last foundation and concealer back because they were too dark 🤷🏽‍♀️ Is the formula of the foundation worth the pricy $44 plus tax and shipping price tag?? I’m gonna say no... my Fit Me from Maybelline gives better coverage, color matches, and its affordable at a mere $6 a bottle!! Sorry Il Makiage, you don’t make my makeup vanity stash or my client kit.
Lindsay S.
Il Makiage Woke Up Like This Flawless Base Foundation uploaded by Lindsay S.
Review for: 95 (Medium, Red)
The hype of this foundation is real!! I am obsessed! The coverage is fantastic and it glides onto skin so effortlessly! The formula lasts all day, blends well, provide amazing coverage and leaves my skin feeling smooth and flawless. The color matching system is great too! This shade matched my skin tone perfectly. It can be a little pricy, but the bottle lasts a long time — a little goes a long way!
Kirstin C.
tulsa, OK
Review for: 60 (Light, Neutral Peach)
• they don’t post/delete all negative reviews from their website. (& i’m sure pay people to leave good reviews because the product is not good and definitely not worth the money) • the impression on all advertising and every page until you process your order is that you will be getting a 14 day sample •their shade matching quiz sucks, I answered every question correctly and they sent the wrong shade. I even put that I have yellow undertones and they sent me a “neutral peach” color, where I should’ve had a “yellow” or regular “neutral”, may have helped with the orange reddish awkwardly unblendable color on my face •their formula sucks. it is runny and oily. looked like it was blending because i was practically just spreading oil around my face but as soon as I stepped outside into better lighting my skin was orangish/reddish and splotchy. (maybe I should try it without their matching primer as i’ve seen a review say it was drying. but their primer is literally just like rubbing oil all over your face and hands, it was disgusting to touch and was literally like rubbing baby oil all over my skin.) •customer service constantly ignores me •I can get way better quality product for 7$ at Walgreens or CVS. (I use Milani 2 in 1) •Also just realized when going to review their primer, it isn’t even listed on their products. SO PLEASE DO NOT TRY THEIR PRIMER IT IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE hands down WORST primer I have ever seen. it is just OIL. and it’s disgusting
Lisa F.
Long Beach, NY
1,781 reviews
Il Makiage Woke Up Like This Flawless Base Foundation uploaded by Lisa F.
Review for: 10 (Light, Pink)
I am so happy that I came across this cosmetics brand because I loveeee this foundation!! I was actually pulled into buying this foundation while watching a video on YouTube A clip popped on the screen of a girl applying foundation that looked like her exact color match, so I clicked on the AD which took me to IL MAKIAGEs website. I learned that 75% of women get their foundation wrong and that if I took a quick questionnaire, the site would send me my exact foundation and exact concealer match. First let me say, I never ever wear liquid or cream foundations. I usually stick to powder but with the dry weather it hasn’t been looking the best. After answering the questions, I received my box about a week later with all my goodies! The I Woke up like this foundation in the color 10 and their multi use concealer in 2.5. It’s a super light weight dewy medium to buildable coverage, and the concealer is also the correct match for my skin tone while also covering blemishes and discoloration. I would highly recommend this to anyone that has issues finding a good quality foundation that matches your skin tone. 😊
Rihana C.
Everett, WA
Il Makiage Woke Up Like This Flawless Base Foundation uploaded by Rihana C.
Review for: 40 (Light, Neutral Peach)
I finally decided to see what the hype was about and take Il Makiage up on that whole "free trial" offer. I didn't expect great results from an online quiz, and to be honest, I thought any brand that advertised that heavily on Facebook must not be very good. Well, I was wrong. I was blown away. This is, hands down, the best shade match I have ever had in my life. I guess they're getting my money. It goes on smoothly, builds well, and doesn't cake. If you let it "set" like they recommend, it transfers a little bit but not too badly. It's not a good foundation for a dewy finish, but I don't tend to go for that these days. It still has a very natural finish. So yes, it lives up to the hype, for me. After this shade match, I can't see going back to my other foundations that weren't perfect but were "close enough".
Saranda B.
Il Makiage Woke Up Like This Flawless Base Foundation uploaded by Saranda B.
Il Makiage Woke Up Like This Flawless Base Foundation uploaded by Saranda B.
Review for: 55 (Light, Pink)
The Il Makiage matched perfectly with my all skin tone. ... You don't need much to achieve a good amount of coverage, and once on, the formula feels really light and makes my skin look So natural and perfect love it❤️❤️Il Makiage Woke Up Like This Flawless Base Foundation
Peachez E.
Huntsville
Il Makiage Woke Up Like This Flawless Base Foundation uploaded by Peachez E.
Review for: 120 (Medium, Neutral Yellow)
This literally matched me so well. I think the key is to hold the phone next to your face and look in the mirror while taking the quiz. A little goes a long way with this product so it will last long. Definitely going to be a returning customer. I have a TikTok video about this product @peachybynature.

669 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Cairistiana H.
il y a 5 jours
Cassie W.
Denham Spgs, LA
il y a 15 jours
Olivia H. il y a 6 jours
I tried it. It was just ok for me... color was one shade too dark and coverage was medium for me. About like something I'd pick up at the drug store from Maybelline. I did like the free foundation brush and eyeliner. Also, when I returned the foundation, they sent me an email with a $50 giftcard code to try another product so I just ordered their other foundation to try which is supposed to be fuller coverage, I think. Nothing to lose to try their products!