BY IKEA #1 in Home Stores

Stephanie E.
Pontiac, MI
I have been purchasing items at Ikea before we even had one in Michigan. We would go over to Canada. I love the Swedish look, plain and simple. And one of the best perks is Ikea's prices are so reasonable. Yes the furniture and big ticket items are not the highest quality but for the price and if it's your taste it's a hell of a deal. I purchased too many things over the years to remember something specific that I have. I recommend Ikea, I love the store, just don't expect to be receiving a high end product for those prices!
Janie H.
Jefferson Hls, PA
I have had many Ikea pieces over the past 8 years.  I love waking around their stores and getting inspiration for home decor, organizing, and interior design.  Their stores are easy and interactive to shop.  Everything is very affordable, if not cheap compared to many other furniture stores.  The only problem is that it does not last forever and if it is damaged, there is very little that you can do to fix it.  I have unfortunately moved many times over the years, and Ikea furniture just does not hold up to moving.  That being said, it is great for furnishing apartments that you will not live in forever and great for college.
Kara W.
Bala Cynwyd, PA
Ive only purchased a fee things through Ikea and while its reasonably priced and looks nice you do get what you paid for in some cases. With desks and dressers it’s not too complicated having to assemble it yourself but it is time consuming. The dresser I got from there was sufficient for what I bought it for but it wouldve never made it past a move to a new place without falling apart. I think getting smaller pieces and accents for the house are great to get here. But not bigger purchases that you want to last a long time.
Valarie A.
San Diego, CA
I recently purchased the Mickie , a desk for my bedroom. It took me 3 hours to assemble the desk. This desk is a dark brown, which is good quality, however the surface scratches easily.  I wish I had gotten a glass top to protect it more. I think IKEA is a great place to go for inexpensive items or if you moved out for the first time and need to buy your first furniture purchase. I am not sure how long my desk will last me, but I'm sure if I treat it well, it should last me a while. Overall I am happy with my purchase.
Brittany K.
My entire apartment is ikea. Most of their furniture is super affordable and and ideal for someones first apartment. Most people will complain that you have to put together the furniture but it actually works in your favor if he have a tight staircase and cant lug everything up. I like to compare ikea stuff to forever 21, not the best quality but will last you a season or 2 and lets you experiment with different styles without blowing your life saving. Both my couch and bed have lasted over 4 years now and are in great condition.
keeks s.
I love ikea it’s a great store to buy furniture for cheap. The only thing I don’t like is having to build things that are extremely difficult and time consuming. Yes they have people that can come to your house and help you build it and everything but they make it so complicated. I got a 400$ loft bed and it took almost 3 days to build it and we bought 2. We got injured and the bed works just not the way I wanted it too because the instructions got confusing. It’s a good store though and I love shopping there.
Marissa W.
Lemme tell you something about IKEA, it's h*cking amazing. I went there recently with my parents to have dinner (i know it's weird but it's super cheap and good) I have artichoke stuffed chicken breast. We ended up buying like $150 worth of stuff that we needed like towels and lanterns for the backyard. If you spend over $100, your dinner ends up being free if you're in the rewards program (up to $36 too). The "as-is" section has decent buys and the quality isn't amazinggg but it's good for just starting out or keeping a tight budget
Chelsea R.
San Tan Vly, AZ
A while back I purchased a wood cutting board that is meant to fit on the edge of the kitchen counter. I bought this to cover a very large burn in the countertop that happened when someone left a pan on the stove and forgot about it then dropped it on the counter. The wood grain looms nice and it is the perfect depth for my counter. The best part is that I have had this for a few years now and it is still as good as new after daily use. I am very careful to keep the wood oiled but is has shown no signs of wear or warping.
Mallory H.
Kennesaw, GA
I love this store! I must say it is very over whelming and if you don't know what you are going for specifically you will spend your entire day there. My favorite purchase was an entertainment center that looked as if it were refurbished! It was so cute and I get the most compliments! It was cheap so I don't think it will last forever but I have definitely gotten a lot of use out of it and it has served its purpose! If you are a student or a need to furnish an apartment with not a lot of money to spare, I strongly suggest going to IKEA!
Megan M.
Des Moines, IA
IKEA is a staple for home goods. And they can really help you save a buck when you are redecorating a whole house! However, I don’t have an IKEA near me so when I’ve made online orders, I’m always so disappointed in their $100 freight delivery charge. Last time I literally had a semi truck deliver 12 curtains. The curtains weren’t boxed up, they were in their individual packages and hand delivered by a semi truck. Ridiculous!
Giuliana S.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Leslie T.
Spartanburg, SC
Anyone ever try the restaurant?
Destiny w.
Virginia Bch, VA
I heard ikea furniture doesn't last is this true?
Susan W.
There are no IKEA stores around me-is it worth a 4-5 hour drive?
Jessica K.
What is your favorite part of the store?