BY IKEA #1 in Home Stores

Noela R.
San Diego, CA
A beautiful, storied hellscape of inexpensive furniture,
Ikea is a one-stop shop for wide-eyed college students, and spendthrift moms
the world over. Their designs range from eccentric, to ultramodern, all for
very affordable prices. The selection showroom is overwhelming, but does
inspire the inner interior decorator in you. The warehouse is a labyrinth that
not even the most intrepid adventurer can easily navigate. Luckily, there are
lots of accommodating, easygoing staff members present to help you through you
new-furniture-buying experience. Also, meatballs! And weird Swedish desserts!
If you get lost, you don't have to eat a fellow shopper to survive; there's a
convenient cafeteria in the showroom. If you make it through the furniture
showroom, your next gauntlet is to pass through the home good section without
picking something up. There's always going to be *one* thing you see, where you
think 'Oh, well I need this...and for that price? What can go wrong?' until
suddenly, it's the end of the workday, and your cart is full of charming,
kitschy place mats, flatware, a trash can, some decorative sand...and you
haven't even spent fifty dollars yet! You can also entertain your children by
horribly mispronouncing Swedish product names you, a hapless American, could
never hope to properly say. Oh, but the fun doesn't stop once you've clawed
your way out of this domestic fortress. Now you have to assemble a bed! You
thought that cute little sleigh bed with the under-mattress storage just
magically appeared in your bedroom? Sure, you could pay 70 dollars to have a
nice delivery person come over, and assemble it for you. But you're an
industrious, intelligent shopper, darn it! You fit these boxes in your car,
surely it can't be that difficult? Besides, you've got friends! Test your
closest relationships by following a set of instructions that *look*
straightforward, but you're sitting on the floor of your son's bedroom, with
your head between your hand's, questioning the existential nightmare you've
unleashed upon your loved ones. Don't worry, you'll come out of it stronger. Or
divorced…But don't think about that. Ikea is God's gift to mankind, an
appropriately maddening, but addicting full-body experience for the whole
family to enjoy.
Megan L.
Marietta, GA
IKEA has taken so much stress off of getting started building a collection of home furniture! The store ambience is lovely. It is truly a pleasure to shop here. The furniture and other products are reasonably price. You almost get more than what you paid for. Assembly instructions are generally clear, however, it would be nice if written instructions also accompanied their products. The pictures are sometimes confusing. I have a bed frame from IKEA that took me an hour to assemble by myself and a dresser that took me about a day to assemble alone. The food at IKEA is also great!
Mia M.
boston
Going to the IKEA store is pretty much one of the only stores you can go to and there is somethjng for everyone in the family. They have child care and a food court which helps your shoping experience if you have young children or teens. I find their pricing to be reasonable and at times even "discount". I enjoy looking at the rom set ups for inspiration. Ikea furniture is great for families living in smaller spaces and apartments. Some of the couches and chairs are a little low for my husband who is pretty tall. There is also a section for diy furniture thwt you can assemble.
Hollie G.
Surprise, AZ
IKEA is the best if you get the right products. Sometimes they can look cheap or sometimes they are a nightmare to put together. I thought I was buying a simple lamp for my daughter but it had SO MANY plastic parts I didn't realize until I was putting it together lol. But all of my living room furniture is IKEA and it looks so posh! No one even notices it's all IKEA! I even love getting their quirky pillows and decorations. Just picked up a cactus pillow last week! So cute!
Ilona z.
East Hanover, NJ
Chocolate Ikea milk, tile 100 grams. There are four types of chocolates: milk without everything, dairy with nuts, bitter and bitter 70% - the latter is more expensive. All the chocolate bars are delicious, really chocolate, contain cocoa butter and cocoa mass, tastier than alpine gold, but still not a sport rater, they can bite off chew or dissolve, melt in the mouth, very tasty. Of all my favorite chocolate with crushed nuts, it's very nice to eat, always delicious, you can even buy without stock, it's worth it. Of course, which one to choose, it's a matter of taste, in any case, you can safely try, worthy chocolates
Melissa K.
Frankfort, NY
Decorator Expert Level 1
I knew my husband was the one for me after our first IKEA shopping trip! We went, we shopped and we stayed together! IKEA offers a wide array of home goods for every budget. I have purchased wine glasses, plates and bowls as well as beautiful towels for my kitchen. These items have a Scandinavian look that keep my home looking modern and fun.

An entertainment center moved from my living room to an upstairs office a few years back when i upgraded furniture. It's a beautiful piece made of birch, not particleboard.

Go for the deals and enjoy a tasty treat while you are there!
Danielle R.
Escondido, CA
I love IKEA! Low prices, eco friendly products and DURABILITY! I love that they have wonderful items for both big houses and tiny apartments. Many of the furniture I bought was helpful for our small first apartment. I know not everyone likes building their furniture, but if you treat it like high stakes lego its much more fun!
Lana W.
Germantown, TN
I love ikea!!! they literally have EVERYTHING you could possibly need for home decor all in one place and at a reasonable price! All of their furniture is really easy to put together and I love their ALEX drawers for my makeup storage. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because you cannot buy their displays. I wanted a particular lamp very badly and they had about 20 of them displayed on a shelf, but they were completely sold out of the ones in the packaging to buy. So I just unplugged one of the displays to buy that, but they wouldn't let me! I was super bummed.
Elissa H.
W Sacramento, CA
I freaking love IKEA. Most of our furniture is from there and it's been with us for the last ten years already! The kid's department is the best and my daughter loves all the different options they have. She's also a huge fan of the kid's play area. It's her favorite part about going to IKEA and mine, too! Being able to take my time browsing through all the different displays knowing that my daughter is well taken care of and having an amazing time is the best.
Laura L.
IKEA IS THE SHIT. You should always eat in the cafeteria first before you do anything. Everything is so cheap and the Swedish meatballs are so delicious. I have a dedicated Pinterest board to IKEA items that people have doctored up and DIYed to it make their own. I've seen a lot of really expensive knock offs we created for a fraction of the price with IKEA items. I think almost everything in my home is from there!!
Giuliana S.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Leslie T.
Spartanburg, SC
Anyone ever try the restaurant?
Destiny w.
Virginia Bch, VA
I heard ikea furniture doesn't last is this true?
Susan W.
There are no IKEA stores around me-is it worth a 4-5 hour drive?
Jessica K.
What is your favorite part of the store?