BY IKEA #1 in Home Stores

Jenny Y.
When IKEA opened in Brooklyn, it was amazing. Everyone was so excited since the next closest IKEA was in NJ and no one wants to pay a toll. Their meatballs were delicious, and a visit to IKEA was a social activity. You didn’t need anything but you could make a day out of it. The quality has since declined - the meatballs have gotten smaller, don’t taste as great, and is no longer something you “crave”. Most people know that IKEA is set up as a maze - basically they make it So you have to pass through their entire showroom basically in order to get out (though there are some “shortcut” paths that allow you to get to the exit faster. There are some small items that you can pick up from the showrooms to purchase directly, but for most items, you have to go downstairs to the warehouse part to find.. you have to locate the aisle and bin number, and sometimes items are not where they’re supposed to be. Shopping at IKEA can definitely be a process. IKEA has everything you could need, but of course is known to have less than amazing quality.. but everything is very affordable which is perfect for college students or young adults who only plan on using the items temporarily. Most of their “wood” is not real solid wood, but processed wood chips or wood lined. They’re also notorious for being a pain to put together, with way too many parts and steps. After my husband and I purchased our first house, we wanted to get some “quality” furniture, which we did from Raymour, but we still have some IKEA stuff. I do like how simplistic IKEA designs are. We have their plain brown coffee table (basically a dark brown rectangle wooden table) and their bookshelf with the square boxes (which is great for displaying different things). My husband got a cheap carpet for our dog to lie on without consulting me (the last IKEA carpet we had fell apart - white powdery stuff kept shedding from the bottom of the carpet and made an incredible mess. We also have the dog butt/tail hooks from IKEA which we haven’t installed yet, but they’re adorable. We also have the wooden patio bistro set which is very cute. Not weatherproof, so we can’t leave it out which is annoying, so we’ll have to figure out how to proof it. We’ve gotten lots of stuff through IKEA through the year. Not everything is the best quality but they’re usually not completely awful and for the price, they’re usually worth their lifespan. Their clearance/as-is section is usually junk - things that are severely scratched or broken and never priced low enough to make the level of crappiness worth it. Also could always go for an IKEA froyo ice cream cone or cinnamon bun.
Julian B.
Mobile, AL
Going through the store is fun and the layouts make it easy to tell what products will actually look like in your room. The food area is wonderful after walking through the store
Lauren M.
Port St Lucie, FL
If this place wasn’t such a maze it would be even better, but you can’t beat IKEA’s prices for their furniture!
Kaitlin T.
IKEA has the cheapest food. I like to come with my cousin and look around ikea and try the foods that they have. IKEA is such a creative store they have many sections for different home furniture items. The little rooms they have also gives me ideas on how I would want to transform my room.
Latia W.
debary, FL
A store that will test your patience but you want everything in it by the time you leave
member-be3b5
IKEA is one of the most affordable stores when it comes to decorating your home,you can find everything you need for your house or room lots of decorations and ideas it gives you , definitely recommend coming here (:
Danielle S.
St. Pete Beach
This home improvement store is the one to get lost in! It’s so big and there’s so many options for everyone. Also challenges you to putting together your own projects if you’re up for it! I always find what I’m looking for when I go here and more - always.
estelle c.
Cartersville, GA
I’m from Switzerland so I automatically like IKEA. They have so many varieties of different home accessories and furniture. It’s good quality and most of their stuff is really easy to put together. Did I mention their prices are super reasonable too!! Will always be an ikea shopper.
Jehiely O.
Bronx, NY
I LOVE Ikea. I could get lost in this store. There are so many options of amazing products to use and everything is so affordable. I feel like when I walk in an Ikea store I find things I didn’t even know I needed.
Natalie Z.
Edgewater
Love this store. My husband hates it because everything comes in pieces but I love their selection and designs.
Giuliana S.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Leslie T.
Spartanburg, SC
Anyone ever try the restaurant?
Destiny w.
Virginia Bch, VA
I heard ikea furniture doesn't last is this true?
Susan W.
There are no IKEA stores around me-is it worth a 4-5 hour drive?
Jessica K.
What is your favorite part of the store?