BY IKEA #1 in Home Stores

Drea L.
IKEA is awesome. But never go there expecting not to come out with something absolutely random. I swear i can make a list but come out with random things that aren’t on my list. But the random things are super useful, modern, and cheap. The only cons are having to force walk thru an entire store, i swear it’s never ending and you can get lost. I also swear every piece of furniture always ends up with extra parts and it takes forever to build. But pros are that everything is super stylish, sleek, modern, and cheap. And they have absolutely everything. Also, you can get Swedish meatballs and lingonberry jam. If you don’t know what it is you’ve been living in a closet.
Kristen W.
Winter Haven, Fl
IKEA is good for cheap furniture that you will never move (because it won't hold up) or for other cheap household items that you don't want to splurge on. They carry a wide array of products from furniture to light fixtures.

My biggest issue with IKEA is navigating the store is a chore. It's basically a maze that you have to weave through until you find yourself at checkout. Yes there are some short cuts but it's definitely not easy, especially if you are unfamiliar with the store.

They do have a two food options. One upstairs which is cafeteria style and one downstairs which is a better deal (think Sam's/Costco style: hotdogs and soft serve) but less options.
Sarah G.
Melrose Park, IL
I never had access to IKEA until I moved up North. My husband had the idea to get my daughter a new bed from IKEA. My first thought...”are you nuts!? I don’t want my daughter to get hurt because the flimsy IKEA bed suddenly collapses.”

This was a very ignorant thought. The only experience I had with IKEA before were the jokes about IKEA furniture being for poor college students and that the products were next to impossible to put together because of the instructions were so vague.

Soooo 6 years later and 15 pieces of IKEA furniture later, I’ve found all these stereotypes about IKEA to be extraordinarily WRONG!

Everything we have bought from IKEA has been a great price, easy to put together and very sturdy quality.

I love the look of their products and well I just love everything they have. Practically our whole house from furniture, decor, kitchen gadgets to everything else is from IKEA.

I love my wooden cutting board (it was $17 anywhere else it would have been $40+)

We use a lot of IKEA hacks ideas and even made an amazing coffee bar from their kallax collection.

I also love that it’s not crazy expensive. We have 3 kids ranging from 2-14 years old and we really needed/wanted furniture that looked good but wasn’t too expensive in case one of the kids did something.
Justine F.
Brooklyn, NY
I have to admit. I love ikea! Almost all my furniture in my first apt was ikea. And to this day I still love going, quite afew if my pieces are still from there!

Mad love for the kallax shelving units. They are super minimal and can look very chic if they are decorated properly.

Taking a stroll through their showrooms can be very inspirational if not a little overwhelming. You need to do your research online beforehand. Find the product numbers of the items you are interested in. If you go in there blind it’s probably going to be a stressful experience.

Also big love for the garden section. Almost all of my plants are from ikea! They are trendy and cheap!
Rebecca C.
Danville, KY
Ikea is line a toy store for adults! You can touch everything, try everything out, open cabinets, closets, look through drawers, design a kitchen, have a snack, because all the shopping makes you hungry, then you move on to the second level, all this while your kids are at the free daycare they offer while you shop!! I mean how great is that?! They literally have everything you could want or need to get your house in order, floor to ceiling! The prices are amazing and the quality is great! Only thing, you have to be a little handy with assembling, but so worth it for the prices! Definitely one of my favorite places ever!
Robin H.
Philadelphia, PA
I absolutely love ikea. They have a range of quality so if you need to stay on the cheaper side you can but they also have really nice stuff so you just have to be prepared to pay a little more for that. The only thing is you have to assemble everything on your own, you can pay to have them deliver and assemble it for you but it’s about $100 I believe which is a lot if you’re trying to stay on a budget! The only issues I’ve ever had was 1. Once I got something that was missing a piece but I just went back to the store and they gave me a new one no problem there it was just kind of a hassle getting there and back but it happens! And 2. I assembled a desk once exactly as instructed but how they have it designed is wooden dowels holding the drawers in place and no screws or anything so every time I open a drawer the front plate just comes off. But overall you get what you pay for and I love it here. And their Swedish meatballs are awesome!
Carli™ B.
High Point, NC
I only report 4 stars because of the insanely complex layout of these stores. It makes it difficult to navigate. And when you do find something you want, you've gotta hike on down to the store room to pull it yourself. And lord be careful to not forget an essential piece in there, because once you get home, rage ensues, cause you've gotta go back out to build your piece. HOWEVER, when it comes to affordability without sacrificing style, Ikea holds 1st place down. And it's legitimate quality to boot. You can't beat it, so long as you're prepared to hunt. It's definitely an all day event.
Kelsey P.
Rexburg, ID
I just love IKEA. We get compliments on our entertainment center ALL the time. And their things are usually a great price and with a little DIY can be repurposed or redone to really give you a custom style! In my son's nursery I repainted his storage cubes from Ikea to look more rustic (rather than just the dark laminate.) And the hat boxes on top were also from IKEA and great functional but adorable storage (we keep binkies in the top one and care supplies like pain relief and children's medicine in the bigger one.) We also used the ADORABLE utility cart as our diaper caddy. We keep diapers, wipes, burp rags, and other diaper supplies in there and it looks awesome while being so functional. We also repainted these super simple and cheap book shelves for a little nook in his room for just a touch of color on the white walls of our apartment.
Melanie S.
Miami Beach, FL
I pretty much bought my whole house here lol :) I love Ikea, I love going in there, and most of the food is super good :) a trip to Ikea is better than going to Disney these days! Things are pretty easy to build and the instructions are always clear. I never had any issues with anything I bought from Ikea and everything has lasted me for years! I usually don't get the cheapest options, I always look at the quality before I buy. Most things at Ikea are amazing quality for way cheaper than other furniture stores. I also love DIY activities and you can definitely customize/revamp things you buy here!!
Jamie F.
Chicago
The quality of the furniture I have purchased at Ikea has been great, but the horrible customer service has ruined any possible future I might have had as a customer there. I scheduled an appointment to have my furniture delivered and assembled in my apartment, and they never showed up or called to say that they wouldn’t come. This happened 3 more times. It was such a negative, stressful experience, and after checking social media I learned that this happens to customers all the time. I will not be shopping from Ikea again and I would not recommend this company to others.
Giuliana S.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Leslie T.
Spartanburg, SC
Anyone ever try the restaurant?
Destiny w.
Virginia Bch, VA
I heard ikea furniture doesn't last is this true?
Susan W.
There are no IKEA stores around me-is it worth a 4-5 hour drive?
Jessica K.
Decorator Expert Level 1
What is your favorite part of the store?