BY IKEA #1 in Home Stores

Emily W.
Ellicott City, MD
I love IKEA.. They have very stylish furniture for all rooms. You can get great ideas when you go, as they have all the rooms set up in models. They have a cafeteria if you get hungry that has pretty good food. The furniture is all do-it-yourself, but isn't too hard if you have an extra pair of hands.
Courtney B.
IKEA furniture is literally the bomb if you are a college student or moving into your first apartment/home. It is extremely affordable but still appealing to the eye, and it caters to so many different tastes. One thing I would warn (and i'm sure everyone already knows) is that putting together IKEA furniture can be an ABSOLUTE nightmare. So if you can afford it, I would definitely consider the deliver + assembly option.
Samantha M.
Philadelphia, PA
I found IKEA to be great when I was first going away to college. They have lots of cute dorm and apartment furniture that is both functional and affordable. Some of the big stuff like desks and TV stands can be a little annoying to put together but it's worth it in the end. The options are limitless and the store is gigantic so it's a good idea to look at a catalog or the website ahead of time to have some direction.
Neri Z.
Oakland, CA
Love the practicality of everything I've purchased from here. None of the furniture was ever missing pieces or anything which is nice. And who can say no to grown up legos? However, every now and then some pieces come ever so slightly uneven which is pretty irritating. And there's no screw driver equivalent which I think are much more commonly used but tons of hex wrenches included for assembly which just feels silly.
Danielle D.
San Diego, CA
Ikea has a lot of hidden treasures I've uncovered these past couple of years and great ways to add a little cottage style to my home. And for amazing prices. But I recommend not hitting it up on a weekend. And be sure to have a plan of action: peruse the website, note the items you'll want to purchase/check out and write down which department/area they're in...all before you head in. Makes your trip SO much easier!
Diana C.
Earlier this year (2013), I managed to update my overall look and feel in my living room for less than $150 with new curtains, a coffee table and a rug from IKEA. To some that may seem like a lot. Granted, if you take a gander at a few local places that are also well known for all of the above you're likely to spend equally the same for one coffee table or a rug. My husband still cannot believe we managed to update the look and feel of our small living room with so little and is already begginggg to return to the nearest IKEA to drool over more incredible findings.
Chassidy B.
Wylie, TX
I am in love with Ikea! Great prices, great ideas and just a fun place to walk around and think of ways to incorporate items into your home all for an affordable price! My only issue is their locations seem to be so spread out so people in less populated states do not have the luxury of their items!
Katelyn J.
New Brunswick , NJ
IKEA is an awesome place to shop! I love how every room is laid out so you can envision how you'd like that space in your home. I love how you have a wide variety of options as far as home decor and accessories. I've bought numerous things from there before and as long as you're taking care of that item, it'll last you for years. I have a down comforter from them along with a duvet cover set and it's lasted me years! Great prices and great Swedish meatballs!!
Amee R.
Rock Hill, SC
I personally feel that IKEA is overrated to a certain degree. The have great selections of products/furniture/designs. The prices are amazing as well, but the quality is lacking. I bought a TV stand from IKEA and its very cheap made with cheap like wood. It chipped very easy even when just putting it together. If the furniture was made with better quality then I would give five stars. I am all about great quality.
A. N.
Inexpensive, hackable, and there is something for everyone. What's not to like? Just be careful, they have a lot of stuff that is downright cheap and will not hold up.
Giuliana S.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Leslie T.
Spartanburg, SC
Anyone ever try the restaurant?
Destiny w.
Virginia Bch, VA
I heard ikea furniture doesn't last is this true?
Susan W.
There are no IKEA stores around me-is it worth a 4-5 hour drive?
Jessica K.
Decorator Expert Level 1
What is your favorite part of the store?