BY IKEA #1 in Home Stores

Erica P.
I've purchased a lot of furniture pieces from Ikea. The showcase rooms help imagine pieces together that you would never even think would go together. It helps for creativity and inspiration for decorating and furnishing your home or apartment. The furniture price ranges from budget friendly to higher ticketed items. The reason for 3 out of 5 stars is based on the quality of some of the pieces I have purchased. A lot of items broke or unfortunately came apart in a short period of time.
Emily K.
Ikea is great for furniture that's a good price and you don't plan on keeping forever. The furniture always takes forever to put together And comes in a million pieces but once you get it together it's good quality and lasts a while. They have issues with their dressers tipping over but if you mount it to the wall you'll be fine or just don't put a lot of heavy stuff on it. I have multiple things from here and I have never had an issue with anything. I have also purchased kitchen supplies from here.
Brittnee G.
Fresno, CA
I love shopping at IKEA, but mostly just for the activity not actually buying things. They have cheap things, but their furnishings are mostly (though not always) very modern looking. If that is your style - you will LOVE this store, but there is still something for everyone at IKEA, even if it's just cheap random food in their restaurant. The store is set up so you can "tour" differently decorated rooms, so it's a great way to get decorating ideas even if you're not in the mood to buy.
Jess B.
Let's be real. You're not going to find your forever furniture at Ikea. What you will find is a collection of inexpensive pieces that will make your small living space more organized and comfortable until you can afford to upgrade. Ikea is less about your purchases and more about the experience. Bring a friend and travel through the maze-like wonderland of bookcases and sofas, ending your journey with a plate of meatballs. My closest Ikea is 2 hours away. The drive is worth it, every time.
Jenna H.
Ikea...okay for certain items. If you need accessories or college room/apartment, this store is for you. If you are fixing your home and want quality items, this is not the store for you. If you've never been to Ikea, just know that if you see something you want you better grab it. Once you get to the end [of the maze] you will NOT want to go back. Seems like they may sell more if they had someone to grab extra things you decided you wanted once you got towards the end of the store.
Melissa B.
Austin, TX
IKEA is a great place to shop if you are on a budget. I furnished my first few apartments out of college here. Their products are stylish and affordable. My only complaint would be that their large pieces of furniture (bed) that need to be assembled are not the easiest! I am pretty good at putting things together and I spent almost 3 hours attempting to assemble a bed one night. I know it's the sacrifice you make for paying such a low price so I'm ok with it. Just be aware before you buy :)
Natasha L.
Ikea is great. Love everything in there. You can find some pretty good stuff in there and if you are lucky, cheap stuffs too. Awesome idea on how they place their merchandises to look exactly like a room in a house. Ikea is my go to place to go furniture shopping but there is a downside on the furniture. It does not last very long and the wood being used is not as sturdy as you think it is. Don't get me wrong, i love ikea and the swedish meatballs but the furniture needs a bit of a change.
Brianna G.
Norwalk , CA
I recently discovered my local Ikea when I was shopping for my son's crib. I couldn't believe how cheap the furniture was! Everything was super cute, yet I could still afford most of the things. I seriously want to redecorate my whole house now. Ikea is full of home decoration inspiration. The one downside to Ikea is that you have to build damn near everything or pay someone to do it. However, it's worth the effort because everything is cuter than anything else you could get for the prices.
Courtney T.
Buffalo, NY
I love the Ikea business model and I love how you can get lost in the store finding things. I really like all the little gadgets that are sold in the store, I have bought pots and pans, plants, art, chocolate and the list goes on! The problem with Ikea is that the furniture is not meant to be broken down. If you are young and are going to be moving a lot the furniture may come in a little box but you will be hard pressed to get it back into that little box without breaking it.
Rachel P.
Baton Rouge, LA
I know Ikea can have a bad reputation when it comes to home furnishings, but what I've found every time I've moved is that it's GREAT to get a starter set of furniture and furnishings together. Once you have that basic set, you can build from there.

I'm also handy-crafty-buildy, so putting the kits together myself is fun (as long as you have all the pieces)! There's actually something more satisfying, even if it's a really simple kit, about knowing you built something yourself.
Giuliana S.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Leslie T.
Spartanburg, SC
Anyone ever try the restaurant?
Destiny w.
Virginia Bch, VA
I heard ikea furniture doesn't last is this true?
Susan W.
There are no IKEA stores around me-is it worth a 4-5 hour drive?
Jessica K.
Decorator Expert Level 1
What is your favorite part of the store?