BY IKEA #1 in Home Stores

Rachel P.
Baton Rouge, LA
I know Ikea can have a bad reputation when it comes to home furnishings, but what I've found every time I've moved is that it's GREAT to get a starter set of furniture and furnishings together. Once you have that basic set, you can build from there.

I'm also handy-crafty-buildy, so putting the kits together myself is fun (as long as you have all the pieces)! There's actually something more satisfying, even if it's a really simple kit, about knowing you built something yourself.
Teri T.
Who doesn't love IKEA?????? I can live at this place, literally, they have everything. As a broke New Yorker trying to make it work in one of the most expensive cities in the world, IKEA comes to the rescue when it comes to home furnishing and random things I need and don't need. Even if I don't need anything in particular, I just love strolling through the aisle for new decor inspiration. Plus, the food. No IKEA trip is complete if one doesn't stop in for their $5 meals on the go.
Danielle D.
BELLINGHAM
IKEA has everything you could want or need, and some things you didn't know you did, for reasonable to cheap prices. Though the constant assembly of items can be a pain, if you've got a solid set of basic tools and some free time, you can get a big bang for you buck. Just don't go overboard! You don't want your house to look like the IKEA showroom.
Hope I.
North Las Vegas, NV
IKEA is the perfect place to go for super cute and affordable furniture. I don't shop here that often but I wish I did. I got a super cute desk one time and I absolutely love it.
Courtney T.
Buffalo, NY
I love the Ikea business model and I love how you can get lost in the store finding things. I really like all the little gadgets that are sold in the store, I have bought pots and pans, plants, art, chocolate and the list goes on! The problem with Ikea is that the furniture is not meant to be broken down. If you are young and are going to be moving a lot the furniture may come in a little box but you will be hard pressed to get it back into that little box without breaking it.
Shivani P.
Chicago
I love IKEA! If you want something for a cheap price, this is where you can get it. Keep in mind though that the quality reflects the price. They have some very unique products.
Skillet S.
I love the I could literally find a use for them in every room. Love that you can screw to the wall cause I like my floor space. And keeps some things out of reach for the kids.
Kelly R.
Winter Park, FL
Ikea is strong at what it specializes in - selling modern, euro-styled home goods at affordable (or even downright CHEAP) prices. Just like most things you buy from discount or inexpensive retailers, you have to check each item for quality construction and materials. And, you get what you pay for. I recommend sticking to Ikea's more expensive options when buying furniture for that reason. However, I have found that all of their housewares, regardless of price, are well made and last!
Aryn B.
I love Ikea! The furniture selection is so broad that you can find something for any style and it's less expensive than other furniture brands. Absolutely great for any type of living space from studio apartment to a large family home. A lot of people complain about having to put the furniture together yourself but this is one thing that saves you money, it's easier to transport yourself (also saving money) and they provide detailed instructions and appropriate tools for assembly.
Andrew Y.
Rutherford, NJ
This past summer, my wife and I moved into our home. We loved the house, but the closet situation didn't meet our needs. We contemplated turning a bedroom into walk in closet. We realized it would be difficult knee day to then use it as a nursery. We decided to visit Ikea and we purchased 4 Pax wardrobe closets. We installed them all along 1 wall. IKEA has great organization features to customize them. We can now manage having all my wife's clothing in one place, and she even has a shoe and purse display. This was way cheaper than building a closet. The closets also look great in the room, it's a woman's dream closet, that doesn't break the bank.
Giuliana S.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Leslie T.
Spartanburg, SC
Anyone ever try the restaurant?
Destiny w.
Virginia Bch, VA
I heard ikea furniture doesn't last is this true?
Susan W.
There are no IKEA stores around me-is it worth a 4-5 hour drive?
Jessica K.
What is your favorite part of the store?