BY IKEA #1 in Home Stores

Mallory B.
Decatur, GA
It took a train, a cab, and a bus to get me to Ikea in New York City. Granted, I had just moved to the city a week prior and was still figuring out the lay of the land, but the effort to get to the store still seemed absurd. Despite the effort, the trip was worth it! Three years later, I still use almost everything I got that day. Ikea is particularly great if you are a student or young professional, looking for organizational goods or cheap furniture and home decor! My only complaint would be the difficulty in putting together some items, and the poor quality of some things.
Emerie G.
Lincoln, NE
I love my IKEA furnisher! The white of the desk and drawers really brighten my room and I was able to put it together myself without any help. It's been very sturdy and I would definitely repurchase.
Shonelle H.
Cincinnati, OH
Ikea is probably one of the largest home furnishing stores around. If you're on a budget and your looking for something stylish but inexpensive than Ikea is your place. From kitchen utensils, to bedding, to even patio furniture. Ikea is honestly like a one stop shop. If you grow an appetite Ikea even sells some frozen items and has a nice atmosphere for dining. I have bought nice size area rugs for $14 there. I have bought pillows specifically for stomach sleepers such as myself. The product quality is great and everything I have bought so far has lasted through several moves.
Amy F.
Aldie, VA
There no negative thing to say about IKEA. I shop here all the time it very addictive place. Quality is alittle on the cheap side but I never had anything break.
Maya S.
Watertown, NY
When my fiancé and I moved to a new townhouse, neither of us had furnisher worth keeping. I was still in graduate school and definitely on a budget. Everything that is in our home furniture wise is from IKEA. We have been living at our place for 2 years now and the quality of our furniture is still great. I do not recommend purchasing items that are extremely cheap - i.e.. a $25.00 bookcase because it wont last very long. Other than that it really is good quality for the amount of money that you pay. Building it is a pain but the final product is definitely worth it.
Randi H.
Portland, OR
I do dig IKEA. My kids even love shopping there. That's a rarity when me and kids both like same stuff. That just shows to me how IKEA's simplicity,yet elegance appeals to everyone. Speaking of...I have a great IKEA lamp. Very simple. Just a frosted white glass vertical standing rectangle. The cool thing I like to do is put colored bulbs in it. So basically by swapping out a colored bulb(s), I get a different lamp whenever I feel I want a change. SIMPLE, but very versatile,just like all IKEA!!(attached pic of my sweet lamp w/ red bulb). Also,have green,yellow,pink,etc.
Lia L.
Woodstock, IL
The nearest Ikea that I go to is in Schaumberg, IL. This massive retailer is amazing in all the home goods it contains, and I can spend half a day just looking at everything and getting decorating ideas. If you're trying to furnish a new home or space on a tight budget, Ikea is the place to go for sturdy but inexpensive furnishings. We outfitted our living room in one visit with a coffee table, 2 end tables, 2 lamps, 4 throw pillows, and a large TV stand for less than $180. The end tables were only $8 each. The downside is that after 3 years, at least one of the items needs replacing (the coffee table), as it's a laminate piece that is constantly used so now it's scuffed up. But for less than $20 I can replace it because Ikea is awesome!
Shauna M.
Vancouver, WA
All depends on what you're buying but when I moved out of my parents house into my own apartment, I showed up at Ikea with a Uhaul ready to spend! Within a couple month my glass side table shattered when bumped into a wall. My dresser was constantly falling apart and needing reassembly or wood glue.. Yes use lots of wood glue when assembling any furniture. Bed frame and side chair held up fine. "leather" couch was sooo uncomfortable but it all depends what you need. Great for cheap decor/pillows etc.. But for staple pieces of furniture that will last, I'd look elsewhere
Beth R.
Chesapeake, VA
Ikea is a great place if you're looking for furniture with a more modern look. They really don't have any "big" sales so prices hardly change. It's super budget friendly and a quick place to get in and out of if it's a week day. I avoid my Ikea at all cost on the weekends due to the mad rush of people that come to this place. You can also use ikea parts to make it a style of your own. I've used the light kits to make some cool hanging lights for my living space. The only down side the having to put ikea furniture together. It's a real pain if you get easily confused
Jaime C.
The store can be confusing to navigate and the products can be hard to set up, but they're overall pretty durable and easy to use! Plus a majority can be painted and turned into a fun DIY project!
Giuliana S.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Leslie T.
Spartanburg, SC
Anyone ever try the restaurant?
Destiny w.
Virginia Bch, VA
I heard ikea furniture doesn't last is this true?
Susan W.
There are no IKEA stores around me-is it worth a 4-5 hour drive?
Jessica K.
What is your favorite part of the store?