BY IKEA #1 in Home Stores

Rosa G.
IKEA is one of the best constructed stores on the plant. The neatness they have to withstand for their furniture shop to keep running is incredible. If IKEA would not have any order then the shop would never exist.

Firstly, their quality is sublime..... cannot really put it into words. Anything you buy from IKEA will never break. Desks, chairs, pillow cases whatever..... they are all fantastic.

Secondly, their prices which in my opinion are overpriced. But then again IKEA make up for that with the quality and extraordinary quality. £600 for a 2 seat chair is not ideal to be honest and you could probably get a sofa at a 'sofa specialist' for half the price. Saying that though IKEA quality is superb.

Thirdly, their co-ordination is excellent and once you have gone to the store four or five times you will fully understand it. Little tip for everyone who goes to IKEA in Southampton: park on the top floor as the entrance is on the top floor. So the lower you park, the more time you have to waste on a escalator. Showrooms and the look at items in a full glimpse are on the first floors and then all the items in wooden packaging are at the bottom which you can pick up and pay.

Fourthly, their food is not too shabby either. For a company which is Swedish which specialises in DIY Furniture their food is pretty good. They sell relatively Swedish food (of course). Most of their meals contain meats (meatballs as well as hot dogs). It's not bad and its relatively cheap.

Sublime this shop..... really is!
Anita J.
I love ikea. People say target is a trap and it isnt for me. I walk through target in a breeze because alot of there stuff is not as inexpensive as people believe. But take me to ikea. And i WILL leave with way too many things. First off i always sit down and eat 😂😂 i get there have the most boring thing in the world meat balls and mash with the lingon berry whatever i can get to drink that is available and i get cake. Then with my super full belly i wobble around taking my time to look at everything. The part of ikea that kills me the most is the childrens section because as a mommy I definitely am more obsessed with his room and things than i am my own. And the serveware/drinkware area because i love to entertain and those damn stemless wine glasses come in every color possible and its a trap lol. I love ikeas quality and affordability. Even when i was struggling financially i was able to get the basics of my home at ikea because of the price they literally have glasses at 69/79 cents and ceramic plates and mugs around the same price.
Sierra S.
Kansas City, MO
Okay, first things first:  how can you not love IKEA?

About the store itself: I love IKEA mainly because of its showroom and cafeteria. Its always entertaining to walk around the showroom and plan out your future 500 square foot apartment with only IKEA furniture, then when you're done getting lost in the maze that is IKEA, to make your way to the cafeteria for some cheap, good meatballs. I also like how easy is it to find stuff once you're done looking at the showroom; everything has a number and you just gotta go track it down!

About IKEA's products: IKEA's products are very much broke-college student/graduate chic, that is, they're pretty much meh quality while also being cute and kind of expensive depending on what you buy. They do have some more inexpensive items that I think are worth it. In addition, as a college student with an apartment, I love that I can go in, spend $50, and leave with almost a whole kitchen's worth of supplies, for example. Also, it's kind of fun to put together their furniture. It's like a big puzzle, except you get a neat piece of furniture when you're done!

Highly recommend going to an IKEA, even if you do need therapy afterward from being lost in the maze and trying to put together the furniture.
Ali W.
Latrobe, PA
Love ikea!! Our closest is over an hour away which stinks, but we love going. You can’t go in there and not find something you want! They have something for every room/need and so many cute little things that are so affordable. I have found a lot of great stuff for my kitchen too that have been great quality for incredible prices. All of our mugs and dishes are from ikea and I love the clean, simple style plus they have held up amazing. I haven’t had a single one chip or break after years of use. I love it all!
Danielle D.
Morton, PA
I would not recommend getting any furniture here that is used heavily such as beds or dressers. They fall apart even if you assemble the furniture with wood glue and such. This furniture is replaceable in the sense that if you buy it do not plan on having it for years to come. I recommend saving up and investing in solid wood furniture somewhere else. If you can not afford new furniture shop on Facebook or thrift shops! Though ikea does have some cute decor and room ideas!
CJ S.
I always have a great time in the IKEA by me. I love how they take so much thought and effort to organize the store and merchandise their new products. I love also love the fact that they have a cafeteria right inside so you don't have to leave, even though I hardly eat there. I am not a big fan of having to put everything together by myself but i never really have a problem with quality of durability of the products i get from this store.
dillon F.
St. Louis, MO
I love the layout and the products of their stores. Their mockups always seem to cover the little details, which helps when you're trying to picture furniture or fixings in your own home without buying it. Since it's built like a labyrinth, it's meant to keep you there for extended periods, which usually feel like they go by quick. I've yet to be let down by their instructions or parts, and the in-store restaurant is a cherry on top.
Alanna V.
portland oregon
IKEA has been a convenient place for me to shop when I need to completely furnish my bedroom after moving and starting over in a new place ( which I have done now twice) I would say the pros are that it’s very affordable and simple to put together... also delivery is fast if you go to the store and pick everything out and bring it to them to haul to you. I think it only cost like $25 meanwhile online ordering can take over a week sometimes which is not convenient. Another con would be quality of morgdahl mattress I bought. It’s very stiff and the fabric rips opens very easily. Wouldn’t recommend that mattress... lastly... customer service doesn’t really exist there... it’s very much a... find it yourself... figure it out yourself place which is why they charge less for products supposedly... but I’ve just found the employees to be very unhelpful watching me as a small single woman struggling and falling over with big hefty objects and pieces. They also don’t let you know if you are missing a piece or grabbed the wrong size sometimes when checking out!!! Which should be their job!!! So anyways. I feel mostly good still about IKEA and I’m thankful for its existence but they could do a better job on customer service and quality of items.
Alexis 💋.
Kalamazoo
IKEA is a big store. It has everything you could imagine for a home! I got my makeup vanity here and I love it. Only thing I don’t like, is the employees aren’t very helpful. If anything they could improve in that area. They don’t really ask if you need help. When we were loading the car, we had a hard time lifting the boxes because it was heavy and multiple employees walked by without asking for help. BUT this is a fun store.
Shelby B.
Make a day of it here! IKEA has outfitted my daughters entire bedroom. Furniture can be difficult to assemble due to the instructions but grab a beer and some patience and you’re good to go! IKEA has a great selection of food for when you need a break. Everything is hands on so you know exactly what you’re getting. The layout and flown is perfect and there’s so many options for every room in the house, for all ages and stages!
Giuliana S.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Leslie T.
Spartanburg, SC
Anyone ever try the restaurant?
Destiny w.
Virginia Bch, VA
I heard ikea furniture doesn't last is this true?
Susan W.
There are no IKEA stores around me-is it worth a 4-5 hour drive?
Jessica K.
Decorator Expert Level 1
What is your favorite part of the store?