by IKEA
Ask a Question
Natalie M.
Natalie M.
Wdm, IA

IKEA is HUGE! Does anyone have a good "plan of attack" for how to navigate the massive store?
Kristin B.
Kristin B.
April 6, 2014, 1:50 p.m.
When you first go in the store there should be a place to pick up a map of the store. IKEAs are arranged so you basically follow one path through the whole store, but there are shortcuts in certain places that you'll be able to see on the map. Go in knowing what you are looking for, but just know that you will by random things that aren't on your list. It's inevitable haha.
Erica G.
Erica G.
June 2, 2013, 3:59 p.m.
Its to big for that
Sydney J.
Sydney J.
March 23, 2013, 11:21 p.m.
Take it one step at a time with a budget and an empty bladder. And the exit signs are meant to keep you meandering to look longer, so if you think you might need out in a hurry, talk to a clerk for the best way out of your particular store
Lesley L.
Lesley L.
Feb. 17, 2013, 12:02 p.m.
I think the plan is to go with a mental list of what you're looking for. If you're not sure, you can look at their catalog online. I like to take my time wandering through the showroom and then just whipping through the second part. I also like to go every couple of months so that I don't feel overwhelmed. If I'm in there too long I start to feel a bit carsick. :(
Tracie H.
Tracie H.
Jan. 19, 2013, 5:20 a.m.
Grab the IKEA provided brochure and pencil so you can mark any big box items you want to pick up. After that...it depends on what you need. Just browsing? I go up the escalator, go to the right and wind around the store. Do I need specific things? Then I make a list from the IKEA website and go directly to those departments. Don't forget to check-in with your Ikea Family card to get extra savings!

Join Now