IKEA
By IKEA
#1 in Home Stores
Lori W.
Woodbury, TN
I have never purchased anything form ikea. what's the quality like?
Anadila M.
Anadila M.
Bellevue, WA
4 years, 2 months ago
I've found that it really depends on the item. I bought a really great "wooden" shoe-rack there about 4 years ago that was super easy to put together, and my old roommate is still using it. No chips or anything and it's sturdy enough to turn the top part into a window-seat just by adding a laying a cushion on it. My boyfriend has had a similar experience with a dresser. On the other hand, we bought a giant PAX dresser that we absolutely fell in love with as soon as we saw it, but some parts of it started to fall apart while my boyfriend was putting it together. And he put together all the other non-Ikea furniture in our place without any trouble. Since then we've decided to not make any big furniture purchases there, but our daily use household items are mostly from there and those seem to be working out well!
Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.
Boston, MA
4 years, 2 months ago
I have a few things from Ikea, they're pretty good quality. I have a bookcase, two lamps, a coffee table, and an end table. They were all under $40, but pretty nice. It takes awhile to assemble each item, but I think worth the price.
Courtney C.
Courtney C.
Austin, TX
4 years, 3 months ago
Some of the furniture isn't the best quality. I like to call it college furniture, because by the time you're through with college the furniture is pretty much through with you. But I will say the pieces do very well if they aren't moved a lot. I had some in my bedroom for years prior to college that stayed in great shape. And then I bought some that moved around with me during college and . . . not so much. Everything else has been decent quality for me. And either way you get what you pay for or more in a lot of cases. It's hard to beat those prices.
Suganya T.
Suganya T.
Scarborough , Ontario
4 years, 3 months ago
It's pretty good!
Kim A.
Kim A.
4 years, 4 months ago
I think the prices are very reasonable for the quality. No, the bookcases aren't solid wood, but they're very nice - much nicer than anything you can buy at Target or Walmart for the same price. I love the window treatments and the hardware - the prices are so low, but the quality & selection is great. If your taste runs to clean, simple lines or slightly modern, you can probably outfit your entire house here.
Tabitha S.
Tabitha S.
4 years, 4 months ago
For the price the quality is pretty good. Some pieces are definitely better quality then others.
joanne f.
joanne f.
Pottstown, PA
4 years, 4 months ago
I!ve purchased the closets with organizers and find them better than some of the closet store ones.
Justine B.
Justine B.
Sunnyvale, CA
4 years, 4 months ago
You don't pay much, so most of the wood is particle board versus solid wood pieces, but it is cheap and durable. A lot of it seems flimsy, but almost everything is displayed somewhere in the store so you can easily go up and give it a quick shake for sturdiness. For the prices you pay, it is well worth it, especially if you need a variety of things. Plus- almost everything goes with everything else so doing a whole room or even an entire house is quick, easy, and cheap
Kelsey M.
Kelsey M.
Old Town, ME
4 years, 4 months ago
Great quality if you're willing to shell out a bit of money for a little bit more expensive products, if something is cheap you will definitely know!
Marcelle J.
Marcelle J.
Sault Sainte Marie, MI
4 years, 4 months ago
It depends what you're purchasing. Anything small like organization things, lamps, etc are pretty decent quality especially for the price but some furniture isn't the greatest. I personally love IKEA and want to do my whole house in it but my boyfriend has some furniture that is kind of cheaply made, wobbly and all that. Its too bad because the furniture is absolutely gorgeous. And an amazing price.