IKEA
4.60 / 5 based on 20304 Reviews
Lori W.
Lori W.
Woodbury, TN
I have never purchased anything form ikea. what's the quality like?
Anadila M.
Anadila M.
Bellevue, WA
4 years ago
I've found that it really depends on the item. I bought a really great "wooden" shoe-rack there about 4 years ago that was super easy to put together, and my old roommate is still using it. No chips or anything and it's sturdy enough to turn the top part into a window-seat just by adding a laying a cushion on it. My boyfriend has had a similar experience with a dresser. On the other hand, we bought a giant PAX dresser that we absolutely fell in love with as soon as we saw it, but some parts of it started to fall apart while my boyfriend was putting it together. And he put together all the other non-Ikea furniture in our place without any trouble. Since then we've decided to not make any big furniture purchases there, but our daily use household items are mostly from there and those seem to be working out well!
Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.
Boston, MA
4 years ago
I have a few things from Ikea, they're pretty good quality. I have a bookcase, two lamps, a coffee table, and an end table. They were all under $40, but pretty nice. It takes awhile to assemble each item, but I think worth the price.
Courtney C.
Courtney C.
Austin, TX
4 years, 1 month ago
Some of the furniture isn't the best quality. I like to call it college furniture, because by the time you're through with college the furniture is pretty much through with you. But I will say the pieces do very well if they aren't moved a lot. I had some in my bedroom for years prior to college that stayed in great shape. And then I bought some that moved around with me during college and . . . not so much. Everything else has been decent quality for me. And either way you get what you pay for or more in a lot of cases. It's hard to beat those prices.
Suganya T.
Suganya T.
Scarborough , Ontario
4 years, 1 month ago
It's pretty good!
Kim A.
Kim A.
4 years, 2 months ago
I think the prices are very reasonable for the quality. No, the bookcases aren't solid wood, but they're very nice - much nicer than anything you can buy at Target or Walmart for the same price. I love the window treatments and the hardware - the prices are so low, but the quality & selection is great. If your taste runs to clean, simple lines or slightly modern, you can probably outfit your entire house here.
4 years, 2 months ago
For the price the quality is pretty good. Some pieces are definitely better quality then others.
joanne f.
joanne f.
Pottstown, PA
4 years, 2 months ago
I!ve purchased the closets with organizers and find them better than some of the closet store ones.
Justine B.
Justine B.
Sunnyvale, CA
4 years, 2 months ago
You don't pay much, so most of the wood is particle board versus solid wood pieces, but it is cheap and durable. A lot of it seems flimsy, but almost everything is displayed somewhere in the store so you can easily go up and give it a quick shake for sturdiness. For the prices you pay, it is well worth it, especially if you need a variety of things. Plus- almost everything goes with everything else so doing a whole room or even an entire house is quick, easy, and cheap
Kelsey M.
Kelsey M.
Old Town, ME
4 years, 2 months ago
Great quality if you're willing to shell out a bit of money for a little bit more expensive products, if something is cheap you will definitely know!
Marcelle J.
Marcelle J.
Sault Sainte Marie, MI
4 years, 2 months ago
It depends what you're purchasing. Anything small like organization things, lamps, etc are pretty decent quality especially for the price but some furniture isn't the greatest. I personally love IKEA and want to do my whole house in it but my boyfriend has some furniture that is kind of cheaply made, wobbly and all that. Its too bad because the furniture is absolutely gorgeous. And an amazing price.
Ivy W.
Ivy W.
Clementon, NJ
4 years, 2 months ago
The quality is really good especially for how much your paying for it.
Ruth C.
Ruth C.
Fort Worth, TX
4 years, 2 months ago
I've had sofas and beds from there, and all have been great quality.
Jamie L.
Jamie L.
Buford, GA
4 years, 2 months ago
I've more or less graduated away from IKEA. I used to have a lot of their stuff, but over the years, it just doesn't hold up and I've replaced everything. If I need something cheap I usually get it from Target now. I get real furniture now...
Valerie L.
Valerie L.
Glen Burnie, MD
4 years, 3 months ago
As mentioned earlier, it really does depend on what you are getting. I'd say, the more you spend the higher the quality. I've bought my kivik series of couches from ikea and while i spent over 1k on it, i think that this couch is super sturdy and reliable. I sit in it everyday and there have been no issues as of yet (had this for about a year now). If you are looking for mattresses and bed frames, however, I'd suggest staying away from ikea. The mattresses are not comfortable and the bed frames are super hard to put together!
Carla C.
Carla C.
4 years, 3 months ago
As others have said, the quality for furniture varies by item (and sometimes even by color within the same items). I think you can't overlook how well you assemble the item, however. If you're just able to throw it together by barely reading the manual or considering things "good enough", your product may not last as long. I've had great luck (even though I'm no construction expert AT ALL) by just taking my time and making sure everything is as tight as possible. The quality for non-furniture goods is uniformly great!
Melissa B.
Melissa B.
Austin, TX
4 years, 3 months ago
Not the best, not the worst! For the price I feel like it is worth it.
Stephanie G.
Stephanie G.
4 years, 4 months ago
It depends on what you are purchasing. Furniture is good quality from what I have experienced but if you are buying kitchen utensils, home décor, etc. it's not as high quality and won't last you as long.
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Indianapolis, In
4 years, 4 months ago
I think the quality is nice!
4 years, 4 months ago
It will get you by for a few years, but definitely wont last forever.
4 years, 4 months ago
It depends on what you are buying. I would read look online and read the reviews before you make a purchase. Also, if you are making a big purchase (i.e. furniture) check it out in the showroom are a first so you can get a better idea of the quality. At the end of the day you get what you pay for. For the price the quality isn't bad.
Jessa O.
Jessa O.
Mukilteo, WA
4 years, 4 months ago
I love all everything at IKEA. They have great products at a great price. Easy to put together and stay together.
4 years, 4 months ago
Its definitely not the best quality, but it was last you a few years.
Kim L.
Kim L.
Sugar Land, TX
4 years, 4 months ago
The furniture is really for temporary use. Like if you want to decorate your apartment, but don't want to spend too much or are planning to ove.
Kristina H.
Kristina H.
Pottstown, PA
4 years, 5 months ago
Depends on what you buy. they have higher end which of course costs more and lower end. Their cabinets are awesome and it doesn't matter which ones they all last forever and keep on taking a beating while looking like you just bought them. Hands down best bang for your buck.
Abi E.
Abi E.
4 years, 5 months ago
Meh, so so. You get what you pay for, really.
Shernay M.
Shernay M.
Brooklyn, NY
4 years, 5 months ago
The quality is great. Go purchase something you wont regret it
Kristen M.
Kristen M.
Saint Petersburg, FL
4 years, 5 months ago
The quality of most IKEA products is pretty decent. I have yet to buy anything that has broken or fallen apart from use. They do offer limited warranties on most products. This includes parts like hinges, doors, gliders, etc.
Izabella S.
Izabella S.
4 years, 6 months ago
Some of their things look cheap but have great quality, while other things look durable but break easily. It depends on what you get thats why I never shop online. Over all they have great products for very decent prices, so even the cheap things can easily be replaced when they become damaged or old.
Gillian F.
Gillian F.
Amherst, MA
4 years, 6 months ago
The quality varies based on the cost of the item. I find the cheaper chest of drawers are not as quality as those that are a bit more expensive. All in all the quality matches the price. No surprises there! :)
Corinna C.
Corinna C.
Charlotte, NC
4 years, 6 months ago
As someone else said, I wouldn't buy the furniture because it is pricey and doesn't seem to last as long. But if you only need it for a few years, it's a cheap fix. I really like the home furnishings because you can change it up without spending a ton!
Michelle C.
Michelle C.
Bradford, MA
4 years, 6 months ago
It totally depends on what you are getting. Half my house is Ikea - some stuff the price should of been lower as the quality was awful and some things it should of been higher because the quality was outstanding. Honestly we have found there really is no rhyme or reason to their pricing lol
Renee W.
Renee W.
Papillion, NE
4 years, 7 months ago
You get what you pay for. Stuff is considerably less expensive, but mediocre quality. Great for college, just starting out, or pieces that won't take heavy use. It's all really cute and innovative, so it's hard to resist!
Kati T.
Kati T.
Galesville, WI
4 years, 7 months ago
I'd say be careful when buying larger more expensive items like furniture. The quality on those can be a little iffy depending on what you get. The small things are all great. I have multiple small household items, and everything is holding up fine after several years.
Virgen A.
Virgen A.
Brooklyn, NY
4 years, 8 months ago
The quality of the stuff is ok , not all to great . They do have pretty stuff but you have to watch out because some things break way to easily