BY IKEA #1 in Home Stores

Robin H.
Philadelphia, PA
I absolutely love ikea. They have a range of quality so if you need to stay on the cheaper side you can but they also have really nice stuff so you just have to be prepared to pay a little more for that. The only thing is you have to assemble everything on your own, you can pay to have them deliver and assemble it for you but it’s about $100 I believe which is a lot if you’re trying to stay on a budget! The only issues I’ve ever had was 1. Once I got something that was missing a piece but I just went back to the store and they gave me a new one no problem there it was just kind of a hassle getting there and back but it happens! And 2. I assembled a desk once exactly as instructed but how they have it designed is wooden dowels holding the drawers in place and no screws or anything so every time I open a drawer the front plate just comes off. But overall you get what you pay for and I love it here. And their Swedish meatballs are awesome!
Jackie H.
Salt Lake City
Any time I'm trying to get organized IKEA comes to mind. In 2015 we were building our own home and I found a beautiful kitchen sink at an amazing price thanks to IKEA too... IKEA has also been home to lots of good meals and shopping trips with my favorite cousin. I've never been disappointed with IKEA, their prices or their products. I love the selection of items the store carries, the way that so many of their products are customizable in use and that the store is set up in a way that makes it easy to see EVERYTHING! Nothing's worse than missing a good find in a store and thanks to the store lay out it won't happen at IKEA. There's even maps to help out and places to cut through sections for those days when you know exactly what you're looking for. And for an added bonus, there's a great place to drop your kiddos!
Natalie D.
Here's the thing about IKEA - people who haven't shopped there in the last ten years will happily boast to you about how much they hate IKEA. They'll tell you all about how they go to "real" furniture stores, and buy things that don't need to be assembled, don't fall apart, and aren't cheap Chinese crap. They'll tell you all about how cool they are for disliking IKEA, all while they are obliviously sprawled upon your IKEA couch, resting against your IKEA throw pillow, after having eaten off your IKEA plates, using your IKEA silverware, which was set upon your IKEA kitchen table.
The truth is that IKEA isn't just for broke college students. They offer reliable quality, modern styling, and products for every room of the house, all for very reasonable prices.
Kayla C.
Tacoma, WA
I am super SUPER disappointed in IKEA as of late... I’ve shopped there probably 4-5 times in just the last 3 months as I just purchased a house, and each time I have been disappointed in something. The people working there seem completely miserable. I purchased a couch out of the scratch and dent section and was told I had to dismantle it and put it on a cart and roll it thru the checkout. Well, it was a massive sectional couch and just little old me so I asked for some help and they sent me the tiniest littlest girl I’ve ever seen to help me. She looked MISERABLE. Plus it was super embarrassing to try and roll this giant couch in pieces thru the checkout, I kept running into people. Another time was when I had to have an item pulled from the warehouse, it took 3 HOURS for them to pull it. There was a huge line of people waiting for hours and hours for their purchases to be pulled. I couldn’t believe it! Had I known it would have ended up like that I would have gone somewhere else and spent just a little more money (and let’s face it, IKEA isn’t really “cheap” anymore) and gotten something right away with likely much better quality instead of waiting half the afternoon for one time. It was absolutely ridiculous and I can’t believe that’s normal practice. I will likely not shop at IKEA for furniture anymore. Small items, sure. Kitchen and bath, sure. But not furniture. Nope. Not worth the hassle.
Ronie k.
Aurora, CO
Okay here is the problem. Ikea is a trap! If you have never been to Ikea here's what you should know the place is like a casino ment to draw you in,turn you in every direction making you loose your sense of time and space and next thing you k is you are driving out to a lot with a new bed.... you didn't even need a bed. You just bought a bed. And now you have two. I love Ikea. The way they create little and big rooms for you to walk through with even the littlest details accounted for. They have such great product, a little pricey but the great quality pays for itself. The system with such they set up the store is definitely interesting all you need to do is write down the number if the item you wish to purchase and then you gather all of the items towards the end of your trip through the great museam of design and architecture and I am not even kidding the place is humongous and you cannot just go it for something real quick it's just not possible you have you go through an entire expedition which isn't really bad because the "sights" are really great if you are into that sort of thing, which I am. However, it can take ages before you find your way out and walk through the entire store but hey, if you get hungry on they also serve really great food and desserts. Overall it's a great store just be aware they have a way of lureing people in and never to be seen again. Jk it's really a great place and the customer service is always there to help you if you ever get lost on the way.
Drea L.
IKEA is awesome. But never go there expecting not to come out with something absolutely random. I swear i can make a list but come out with random things that aren’t on my list. But the random things are super useful, modern, and cheap. The only cons are having to force walk thru an entire store, i swear it’s never ending and you can get lost. I also swear every piece of furniture always ends up with extra parts and it takes forever to build. But pros are that everything is super stylish, sleek, modern, and cheap. And they have absolutely everything. Also, you can get Swedish meatballs and lingonberry jam. If you don’t know what it is you’ve been living in a closet.
Kristen W.
Oklahoma City
IKEA is good for cheap furniture that you will never move (because it won't hold up) or for other cheap household items that you don't want to splurge on. They carry a wide array of products from furniture to light fixtures.

My biggest issue with IKEA is navigating the store is a chore. It's basically a maze that you have to weave through until you find yourself at checkout. Yes there are some short cuts but it's definitely not easy, especially if you are unfamiliar with the store.

They do have a two food options. One upstairs which is cafeteria style and one downstairs which is a better deal (think Sam's/Costco style: hotdogs and soft serve) but less options.
Sarah G.
Melrose Park
I never had access to IKEA until I moved up North. My husband had the idea to get my daughter a new bed from IKEA. My first thought...”are you nuts!? I don’t want my daughter to get hurt because the flimsy IKEA bed suddenly collapses.”

This was a very ignorant thought. The only experience I had with IKEA before were the jokes about IKEA furniture being for poor college students and that the products were next to impossible to put together because of the instructions were so vague.

Soooo 6 years later and 15 pieces of IKEA furniture later, I’ve found all these stereotypes about IKEA to be extraordinarily WRONG!

Everything we have bought from IKEA has been a great price, easy to put together and very sturdy quality.

I love the look of their products and well I just love everything they have. Practically our whole house from furniture, decor, kitchen gadgets to everything else is from IKEA.

I love my wooden cutting board (it was $17 anywhere else it would have been $40+)

We use a lot of IKEA hacks ideas and even made an amazing coffee bar from their kallax collection.

I also love that it’s not crazy expensive. We have 3 kids ranging from 2-14 years old and we really needed/wanted furniture that looked good but wasn’t too expensive in case one of the kids did something.
Jose M.
Sacramento , CA
IKEA is my ultimate favorite furniture store. I really enjoy walking down every display and to meticulously observe their design element. It’s very helpful when one is trying to decorate and make a house into a home. I particularly like the storage and container area; I particularly have a small room, so storage options are alway a great option, and IKEI definitely has options. It’s also a great store to unwind it’s never messy making it pleasant to walk around.
Rebecca C.
Danville, KY
Ikea is line a toy store for adults! You can touch everything, try everything out, open cabinets, closets, look through drawers, design a kitchen, have a snack, because all the shopping makes you hungry, then you move on to the second level, all this while your kids are at the free daycare they offer while you shop!! I mean how great is that?! They literally have everything you could want or need to get your house in order, floor to ceiling! The prices are amazing and the quality is great! Only thing, you have to be a little handy with assembling, but so worth it for the prices! Definitely one of my favorite places ever!
Giuliana S.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Leslie T.
Spartanburg, SC
Anyone ever try the restaurant?
Destiny w.
Virginia Bch, VA
I heard ikea furniture doesn't last is this true?
Susan W.
Waukee, IA
There are no IKEA stores around me-is it worth a 4-5 hour drive?
Jessica K.
What is your favorite part of the store?