BY IKEA #1 in Home Stores

Sierra S.
Kansas City, MO
Okay, first things first:  how can you not love IKEA?

About the store itself: I love IKEA mainly because of its showroom and cafeteria. Its always entertaining to walk around the showroom and plan out your future 500 square foot apartment with only IKEA furniture, then when you're done getting lost in the maze that is IKEA, to make your way to the cafeteria for some cheap, good meatballs. I also like how easy is it to find stuff once you're done looking at the showroom; everything has a number and you just gotta go track it down!

About IKEA's products: IKEA's products are very much broke-college student/graduate chic, that is, they're pretty much meh quality while also being cute and kind of expensive depending on what you buy. They do have some more inexpensive items that I think are worth it. In addition, as a college student with an apartment, I love that I can go in, spend $50, and leave with almost a whole kitchen's worth of supplies, for example. Also, it's kind of fun to put together their furniture. It's like a big puzzle, except you get a neat piece of furniture when you're done!

Highly recommend going to an IKEA, even if you do need therapy afterward from being lost in the maze and trying to put together the furniture.
Lindsey K.
If you've ever been in an Ikea store before with your significant other, you get all those jokes about needing counseling afterwards. These stores are HUGE, spanning several floors and with square footage so high there is a literal map for navigating through it safely. There is even a restaurant where you can treat yourself to some gourmet delights. Expect for some level of stress, but also expect to be treated to some seriously cool stuff at affordable prices. I own several shelving units, two desks, and a myriad of household items that make my home a better place. I'm impressed by their quality. I have purchased similar shelving units from other stores (Big Lots, Walmart) and by far Ikea is the winner when it comes to longevity. The parking is a nightmare, because everybody is crammed into a claustrophobic parking garage and you have to drive carefully to avoid accidentally getting hit while pulling into a spot to load your goods. You can forget shopping online. With shipping costs so high it is more worth it to drive to your closest Ikea and brave the crowds.
Shannon💋 W.
Horsham , PA
I have a love hate relationship with IKEA. I love them because you can go there anytime and just walk around and your there showroom. This helps to give you really good ideas for different areas in your home. What is great about them to is that they have a lot of really handy and neat things to use around your house that you may have never seen before.

Here’s the downside a lot of there stuff can be really pricey. And what is bad about that is there stuff is really dainty and meant for 1 or 2 people to be on whether it’s a bed or sofa. There stuff is more so for a dorm room and less for a household unless you are a single person by yourself. So if you have multiple people in your family or children a lot of the stuff may not work for you or last long. Over all it’s a really fun place to go to!
Chanon C.
White Lake, MI
Don't mind the crappy photo.... I'm not someone who buys they're whole bedroom set from Ikea so I can't speak on some of their larger items & quality but when I decided to do a mirror wall in my bedroom & started shopping ... as you can imagine I ran into the issue of money. Mirrors are expensive! I ended up getting these square mirror packs from Ikea & I can only say positive things! These mirrors are great, they stick on my wall & they create an awesome look. Since then I've gotten another mirror for my vanity from Ikea & the actual vanity I have is DIY built with pieces from Ikea. I've been relaly impressed & they also have a really great return service.
Tess M.
Orlando
I feel like I could get lost in Ikea and they would need to send a search party out to find me. I moved last minute for my job a couple years ago and Ikea was well priced and (just barely) fit in my smaller SUV. I bought a bed frame with drawers underneath which has been great but is one of those “you get what you pay for” kind of items. Two of the drawers won’t stay on the track and I recently moved and the bed did not go back together very well. I totally understand that Ikea furniture is not meant to be taken apart but I figured I could do it at least once before it wouldn’t go back the same. When I was purchasing the frame, I called to see if I could have the bed frame delivered and the customer service was not the easiest to speak with.
Loretta M.
Providence
Ikea! What an adventure. If you haven’t been to a store location, go! It’s fun. You can spend the whole day there and end up with things you never knew you wanted or needed.
Their pricing is alluring, because everything is very cheap but it can add up quickly.
Be sure to get the ikea family card, I’ve never had it benefit me but ya never know.
Their in store cafeteria is rather good for cafeteria food and again really cheap.
I recommend going at off hours like during the week or a Friday afternoon because weekends are packed with families - it’s like an amusement park for adults.
Product wise, I love my ikea loveseat which I use as a full size sofa in a smaller space. All their products have lasted and done well with me. No complaints :)
Kayla C.
Tacoma, WA
I am super SUPER disappointed in IKEA as of late... I’ve shopped there probably 4-5 times in just the last 3 months as I just purchased a house, and each time I have been disappointed in something. The people working there seem completely miserable. I purchased a couch out of the scratch and dent section and was told I had to dismantle it and put it on a cart and roll it thru the checkout. Well, it was a massive sectional couch and just little old me so I asked for some help and they sent me the tiniest littlest girl I’ve ever seen to help me. She looked MISERABLE. Plus it was super embarrassing to try and roll this giant couch in pieces thru the checkout, I kept running into people. Another time was when I had to have an item pulled from the warehouse, it took 3 HOURS for them to pull it. There was a huge line of people waiting for hours and hours for their purchases to be pulled. I couldn’t believe it! Had I known it would have ended up like that I would have gone somewhere else and spent just a little more money (and let’s face it, IKEA isn’t really “cheap” anymore) and gotten something right away with likely much better quality instead of waiting half the afternoon for one time. It was absolutely ridiculous and I can’t believe that’s normal practice. I will likely not shop at IKEA for furniture anymore. Small items, sure. Kitchen and bath, sure. But not furniture. Nope. Not worth the hassle.
Ronie k.
Aurora, CO
Okay here is the problem. Ikea is a trap! If you have never been to Ikea here's what you should know the place is like a casino ment to draw you in,turn you in every direction making you loose your sense of time and space and next thing you k is you are driving out to a lot with a new bed.... you didn't even need a bed. You just bought a bed. And now you have two. I love Ikea. The way they create little and big rooms for you to walk through with even the littlest details accounted for. They have such great product, a little pricey but the great quality pays for itself. The system with such they set up the store is definitely interesting all you need to do is write down the number if the item you wish to purchase and then you gather all of the items towards the end of your trip through the great museam of design and architecture and I am not even kidding the place is humongous and you cannot just go it for something real quick it's just not possible you have you go through an entire expedition which isn't really bad because the "sights" are really great if you are into that sort of thing, which I am. However, it can take ages before you find your way out and walk through the entire store but hey, if you get hungry on they also serve really great food and desserts. Overall it's a great store just be aware they have a way of lureing people in and never to be seen again. Jk it's really a great place and the customer service is always there to help you if you ever get lost on the way.
Tori C.
Buffalo
I remodeled my room a few years ago and almost all the accessories, storage and decor that I have I purchased there. I can't complain about any of it, the wall art I bought is just as good quality as I've seen anywhere else. I also bought two pieces of storage for my closet and they work perfect, nice and light and easy to move too if I ever need to get into the back or shuffle things around. When it comes to bigger pieces of furniture it's definitely not the most amazing quality but it is pretty stylish and inexpensive so you definitely get what you pay for. Great for first time home buyers looking for cheap new furniture or anyone who needs storage options or smaller decor
Drea L.
IKEA is awesome. But never go there expecting not to come out with something absolutely random. I swear i can make a list but come out with random things that aren’t on my list. But the random things are super useful, modern, and cheap. The only cons are having to force walk thru an entire store, i swear it’s never ending and you can get lost. I also swear every piece of furniture always ends up with extra parts and it takes forever to build. But pros are that everything is super stylish, sleek, modern, and cheap. And they have absolutely everything. Also, you can get Swedish meatballs and lingonberry jam. If you don’t know what it is you’ve been living in a closet.
Giuliana S.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Leslie T.
Spartanburg, SC
Anyone ever try the restaurant?
Destiny w.
Virginia Bch, VA
I heard ikea furniture doesn't last is this true?
Susan W.
There are no IKEA stores around me-is it worth a 4-5 hour drive?
Jessica K.
What is your favorite part of the store?