BY IKEA #2 in Home Stores

• Anyone knows how to make those delicious meatballs at home?8 Answers
Reviews (20314)
Constanze M.
Constanze M.
Honestly I think if you're looking for furniture and major decoration items then ikea is the best place to go to. Affordable prices and modern designs are pleasing for everyone. I've always loved this store and about 90% of my furniture was bought there haha. They have adorable decoration items as well and I love almost all of their fabric items (especially the duvet covers and curtains and pillows). If you really just want to go get all your necessities at one shop then it should be here. They even have a great selection in kitchen items that are much higher in quality than the low prices may make you think. If you haven't been to one yet then you definitely need to give it a try! Also in their small food store you can buy Scandinavian style foods and I recommend you buy the almond tart as it is absolutely delicious!
Zoe F.
Zoe F.
Royal Oak, MI
Ikea is a great place to go for basic staples like end tables, dining room tables, dressers, desks, that sort of thing. I definitely am not a huge fan of their seating options - between their beds, their couches, their arm chairs, etc. - because I find them to be very stiff and generally low quality, but I think for their other surface products, they're generally pretty good quality for the price and usually very easy to self-assemble. If you stick with the basics, you can find some sleek and customizable pieces there for a good price! Work to the wise: you can return furniture to Ikea - even after you've built it - if you're unsatisfied with it.
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
IKEA is a great place to get furniture and things for your home. A lot of people say that the quality isn't great, but I haven't had any issues with it. Yes, their dressers aren't going to be the same as a solid wood dresser, but it's hard to find solid wood furniture anywhere. All of my pieces are sturdy. I have a couch and dresser from IKEA along with other random furniture items and they have been great. I would also recommend their kitchen accessories.

One of my favorite things to do is browse Pinterest for IKEA hacks. There are SO many and you can really customize their furniture.
Ann C.
Ann C.
Deltona, FL
Love this store. Impossible to do a quick trip! So much to look at and so many ideas on how to save space! The prices are lower than competitors and they seem to have great sales on top of that. We have purchased dishes for adults and children and love them! Rugs for multiple rooms and no other retailer could come close to beating the price. Bowls, toilet brush, placemats, and picture frames...love my purchases. I do sign up for the IKEA family card and it was a simple process. Be sure to grab a cinnamon bun while you're there! Delicious.
Katie P.
Katie P.
Brooklyn, NY
IKEA got me through the years when I had no money to buy furniture but didn't want to have to sit on empty boxes on the floor. Their furniture is good quality for the price and it will actually last. Assembly is required and sometimes confusing but it's worth it. They also have a lot of cute accessories for the home so you can really find everything you're looking for. The truly ambitious will find that their furniture can easily be "hacked" so you can build it the way you want and change it into something new.
Jade R.
Jade R.
Cute store to go to when you want to browse around with your friends for small potentials for your home.... But you're SOL when you actually need something huge because I CAN'T READ SWEDISH MY FRIEND so when I go 2 levels down to pick up my item, I'm like a 2 year old searching my desktop.

It's sooo hard for me to build anything period. And that's exactly what you have to do when you buy even a standing lamp. *tears

but. Boy is the food amazing here. Go on Instagram and see for yourself. Better yet, go there!
Emma R.
Emma R.
Charlotte, NC
As a broke college student, this is the only place I can afford really. Thankfully, all the furniture really looks stylish and is usually (not always) pretty easy to assemble. I've furnished a full apartment here for less than $1,000! I like being able to walk through what's basically a giant showroom and then go pick and choose what I want. That way you really know what you're getting. It's definitely a fun experience to go there too! So many cool design ideas!
Yasmine G.
Yasmine G.
On weekends when I am bored, I go to Ikea and walk around just to see what I need that I do not know yet lol I buy everything from Ikea because before I would do a quick online search just to verify if I was getting a deal but each time, Ikea would beat any other price and everything is stylish. So yeah, I would say I buy just about everything from Ikea, but the only bad thing is that they should lower their shipping prices,they are ridiculous.
Lydia L.
Lydia L.
Everyone always makes fun of the frustration of building Ikea furniture, but honestly, they're not bad at all. Compared to some more expensive furniture stores, e.g. pottery barn, I find that sometimes Ikea actually has more durable stuff. E.g. all of the drawers at Ikea roll smoothly, whereas pottery barn or pier 1 often have no rails or stoppers on their drawers.. if you have heavy contents, it can be dangerous.
Jane S.
Jane S.
IKEA has simple basics at a good price. And while they can be a pain to put together (Hemnes, I'm looking at you), if you buy the more expensive, studier stuff, it'll last. A good tip is to throw some super glue into those connections. I've never had an issue with my furniture, and I've had everything going on a decade. Also their couches beat the expensive guys any day of the week.
Giuliana S.
Giuliana S.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Leslie T.
Leslie T.
Spartanburg, SC
Anyone ever try the restaurant?
Susan W.
Susan W.
Waukee, IA
There are no IKEA stores around me-is it worth a 4-5 hour drive?
Destiny w.
Destiny w.
Virginia Bch, VA
I heard ikea furniture doesn't last is this true?
Jessica K.
Jessica K.
What is your favorite part of the store?