BY IKEA #1 in Home Stores

• Does anyone else solely think the movie 500 days of summer when sho...4 Answers
  • Anyone knows how to make those delicious meatballs at home?8 Answers
  • Who doesn't love Ikea? What do you usually buy there?34 Answers
Reviews (20019)
Rebecca K.
Rebecca K.
Most of my first (and second!) apartment is furnished with IKEA furniture! I love all the designs (and options!) of the furniture, everything is very modern. Plus, walking through and getting lost in the store is always fun. I think the cost is sometimes cheaper, if not competitive with other furniture places, but I think IKEA offers a little more than furniture (containers, blankets/pillows, anything you could put in a kitchen, art work, fake plants ...).

What's great about moving IKEA furniture into your place for the first time is that it's all consolidated into boxes already! You could argue that the flip side of that is you have to put all your furniture together... but I enjoy that part of it! The directions are pretty easy to follow, and if you lose them I'm pretty sure the website has them to download. I will say I'm a little worried about how some items will hold up long term. Pretty sure the bed I bought will have to be junked the next time I have to move it somewhere, granted I'm on the third time I've had to disassemble/reassemble it.
Lauren H.
Lauren H.
Narragansett, RI
I love Ikea! When I was redoing my kitchen i was searching for a farmhouse sink, that was in our budget. I absolutely love my farm house sink from Ikea!! When I went in there I thought it was going to be like a home deport you got to the Isle get what you need and leave. OH NO!! You need to walk around the store and find it. It was very overwhelming for my first time in there but it was an experience and I would know what to expect next time. When i got the sink home i noticed some marks on it and so my husband told me he would come with me to the store to return it because to be honest i have no idea how i lifted that thing into my car to begin with it was so heavy. So if it was my husband giving this review he would tell you he hated ikea and is never going back and it is a death trap. It was during thanksgiving break so lots of people were christmas shopping but very overwhelming. However I loved going there I will def go back! lots of cute affordable things!!
Constanze M.
Constanze M.
Honestly I think if you're looking for furniture and major decoration items then ikea is the best place to go to. Affordable prices and modern designs are pleasing for everyone. I've always loved this store and about 90% of my furniture was bought there haha. They have adorable decoration items as well and I love almost all of their fabric items (especially the duvet covers and curtains and pillows). If you really just want to go get all your necessities at one shop then it should be here. They even have a great selection in kitchen items that are much higher in quality than the low prices may make you think. If you haven't been to one yet then you definitely need to give it a try! Also in their small food store you can buy Scandinavian style foods and I recommend you buy the almond tart as it is absolutely delicious!
Courtney M.
Courtney M.
If I could give ikea ten stars I would. It's a cheaper way to completely change the look of a room without breaking the bank!! I recently updated my drab bedroom to a bright white modern look with some earthy tribal flair for less than $500 and that includes a makeup station / work station, mirror, and 8 cube shelf that doubles as a TV stand. New pillows and miscellaneous accents. Beat the heck out of spending that on one piece of furniture. It's great quality for the price point. No it's not high end solid wood furniture but it's constructed and painted well that it doesn't look cheap at all. So much different than what I'm used to with cheap furniture. Their pricing on small decorative items is great as well! And it's so fun to make a whole girls day shopping ikea. And the lingonberry sauce with the meatballs - omg.
Christina W.
Christina W.
Roseville, MI
This store is definitely an experience! I enjoy the showroom portion of the store, get inspired from kitchen to bath, and even outdoor. They also post the sizes of each room, so you can really see the magic happen for any small space. Their marketplace offers everything you can think of in styles you won't find anywhere else. I would say this store has a large range of quality and prices. They also provide a play place for kids and a cafeteria where I have always enjoyed their food and coffee. They offer a free rewards card, which is a plus. Majority of the furniture you have to self-assemble, if that is a weakness of yours or you do not know anyone that can help you out I'd say the furniture portion is not right for you. I spend hours at ikea every time I go there.
Rebecca N.
Rebecca N.
Cumming, GA
IKEA is great for everyone who's looking to save substantial money on furniture or accessories by assembling the furniture by oneself. I love browsing the store and walking through all the little decorated inset rooms for inspiration. They make good quality furniture, although it's not going to be around too long. It could withstand years if you don't have young children. I, on the other hand have three kids, 3, 6 & 9. It's rowdy and the kids tables and little wooden chairs lasted just a year. Disappointing because they're so stinking cute!!!
They also offer a ton of decorating accessories, pillows, mattresses, bedding, kitchen tools and even kitchen cabinets! Although, it's not "heirloom" quality it's a great bargain!
Joy J.
Joy J.
Ikea's bad rep as ONLY crappy furniture is so off the mark it's laughable. Sure they have stuff like that, but only makes up a part of their inventory. Almost every category of furniture has a low/med/high-quality option. And some items are far and away better than you can find anywhere else. For example, the $50 white Billy bookcase can be installed to look built-in, and you'll not find a better price anywhere. If you're handy, Ikea Hackers has some amazing DIY ideas, as does Pinterest. I regret all the years I avoided Ikea due to misperceptions about their inventory. Thankfully I was eventually open-minded enough to give them another try and have been consistently delighted ever since.
Zoe F.
Zoe F.
Royal Oak, MI
Ikea is a great place to go for basic staples like end tables, dining room tables, dressers, desks, that sort of thing. I definitely am not a huge fan of their seating options - between their beds, their couches, their arm chairs, etc. - because I find them to be very stiff and generally low quality, but I think for their other surface products, they're generally pretty good quality for the price and usually very easy to self-assemble. If you stick with the basics, you can find some sleek and customizable pieces there for a good price! Work to the wise: you can return furniture to Ikea - even after you've built it - if you're unsatisfied with it.
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
IKEA is a great place to get furniture and things for your home. A lot of people say that the quality isn't great, but I haven't had any issues with it. Yes, their dressers aren't going to be the same as a solid wood dresser, but it's hard to find solid wood furniture anywhere. All of my pieces are sturdy. I have a couch and dresser from IKEA along with other random furniture items and they have been great. I would also recommend their kitchen accessories.

One of my favorite things to do is browse Pinterest for IKEA hacks. There are SO many and you can really customize their furniture.
Ann C.
Ann C.
Deltona, FL
Love this store. Impossible to do a quick trip! So much to look at and so many ideas on how to save space! The prices are lower than competitors and they seem to have great sales on top of that. We have purchased dishes for adults and children and love them! Rugs for multiple rooms and no other retailer could come close to beating the price. Bowls, toilet brush, placemats, and picture frames...love my purchases. I do sign up for the IKEA family card and it was a simple process. Be sure to grab a cinnamon bun while you're there! Delicious.
Giuliana S.
Giuliana S.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Leslie T.
Leslie T.
Spartanburg, SC
Anyone ever try the restaurant?
Destiny w.
Destiny w.
Virginia Bch, VA
I heard ikea furniture doesn't last is this true?
Susan W.
Susan W.
Waukee, IA
There are no IKEA stores around me-is it worth a 4-5 hour drive?
Jessica K.
Jessica K.
What is your favorite part of the store?