IGK Low Key Cleansing Walnut Scalp Scrub

Which hair type is it good for? Straight Wavy Curly Coiled Tightly Coiled A cooling, soothing scalp scrub to alleviate irritations and purify the scalp and hair. Key benefits:- Cools - Calms - Purifies If you want to know more… Low Key helps to soothe and comfort itchy, flakey scalps due to irritation from heat styling, chemical services, or preexisting sensitivity. It adjusts pH to create a balanced, healthy scalp environment, helping to prevent future irritations. The scrub naturally and effectively clarifies the scalp while calming irritation, leaving it feeling cool, calm, and comfortable. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates This product is vegan, cruelty-free, and formulated without gluten.

Does anyone like this? Also any tips on using a scalp scrub when you have thick and long hair?
Anyone else have a hard time getting this out of the tube? I feel like it was easier when I first got it but over time it got more difficult to squeeze out.
Is this a daily product or a once in a while mask?
Start your review of IGK Low Key Cleansing Walnut Scalp Scrub!
Doral, FL
IGK Low Key Cleansing Walnut Scalp Scrub uploaded by Heiny K.
IGK is one of my favorite hair brands but this is the only product I dislike. I ordered this along with the Expensive Amla Oil and the wet brush. I have used it several times to give it a fair chance but it just doesn't do it for me. It smells like mint and it leaves a fresh and calming feeling which I like, but my roots end up feeling so greasy every time I apply this. I make sure I wash off all the product with cold water but it still feels like I have product left on my roots by the way it looks. It weights my hair down and I just don't like how it feels or looks. Definitely a NO for me.
Dark Brown / Brittleness, Hair Loss, Heat Protection / Oily, Straight, Wavy
For the longest time, I struggled with both an oily and dry, itchy scalp (so weird and difficult). I used Davines® Naturaltech Rebalancing Shampoo with improvement in oiliness, but my scalp was still left itchy, especially with 2nd day hair. When I tried this scalp scrub for the first time, it was like NIGHT and DAY. A little goes a long way, and the formula is soo soothing in the shower and I love the way my scalp feels afterward. The graininess dissolves after scrubbing for a bit, but you still need to rinse very thoroughly to get it all out. The menthol is quite cooling while the coconut oil takes care of my imbalanced moisture levels on my scalp. With this combination, I seriously never had to itch my scalp ONCE, even after a couple of days without washing. I will happily be adding this exfoliating product to my regimen despite the price, and I highly recommend it!
Black / Dandruff, Dryness, Frizz / Dry, Oily, Straight
Slidell , LA
I use this about once a month to exfoliate and cleanse my scalp. It also gets rid of buildup near your roots. I love how well this works. Kind of weird to get accustomed to using something this grainy/scrubby on your scalp, but the granules dissolve once you’ve scrubbed your scalp enough. Product is pricey but lasts a while. My hair has more volume at the roots after I use it.
Auburn / Brittleness, Damage, Dandruff / Curly, Coarse
Pittsburgh, PA
I love IGK but I really really do not like this product. The scrub is too thick, it gets stuck in your hair and scalp and makes you look and feel crunchy. Not a fan.
Blonde / Brittleness, Dryness, Frizz / Dry, Kinky, Fine
Huntington, NY
Purchased at: Sephora
This is a bit expensive for what’s in it, but i like it. I’ve had lifelong dandruff and this is my first time trying a scalp scrub. It definitely helps remove flakes, however I wish they put tea tree oil in it or something to help actually treat flakes. The container also gets clogged easily, if you store it right-side-up the walnut grains sink to the bottom and clog it, and if you store it upside-down only oil comes out. My trick is to store it sideways.
Blonde / Dandruff, Dry Scalp, Dryness / Normal, Wavy, Thick
The HG for the hell of scalp psoriasis, and I’ve been looking a LONG time!! Gently lifts your flakes and soothes the plaques/lesions for several days. Don’t shampoo afterwards to let the oils really penetrate your scalp. Only drawback is that, on long or very thick hair, it might take a lot of expensive product to reach the scalp. But I have a straight, fine pixie so it lasts well.
Light Blonde / Anti-Aging, Color Protection, Damage / Dry, Straight, Fine
San Diego, CA
I started using this when i noticed my scalp would start flaking even after i took a shower, maybe from all the product build up i had. This scrub helped so much with getting rid of my dry scalp. It smells so delicious & when you add water & start rubbing it through your scalp you get a nice cooling feeling. You can use this in place of your shampoo too
Dark Brown / Damage, Dryness, Frizz / Oily, Straight
My favorite scalp scrub plus it shampoos as well , it’s refreshing on the scalp and very moisturizing but there is a learning curve , my first use I didn’t do so well but the second time I parted my hair in sections and added product and add as much water as needed to get the lather going
Black / Anti-Aging, Brittleness, Frizz / Dry, Wavy, Coarse
Avondale, PA
On one hand, I like how abrasive this is (I call it “scrubby”). It’s a pretty aggressive scrub which I thought would be great. However, i think it actually dries out my scalp more than anything else and I notice more white flakes all around the base. It’s pretty pricey for being an average scalp scrub, so I would say maybe go for one at a lower/similar price point that won’t encourage any flaking.
Black / Brittleness, Curls, Damage / Dry, Wavy, Curly
Brownsburg, IN
This is literally one of my favorite hair or scalp products I have ever tried! It has a minty smell which results in the most refreshing feeling after you use it and has a little bit of a tingly sensation, no pain or anything just a good feeling. I have a dry scalp so this helps me out so much. I am unable to afford it though it is pretty expensive unfortunately.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...