BeautyHairHair ProductsIGK
First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo

IGK First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo

by IGK

#20 in Dry Shampoo

This heavy-duty dry shampoo allows you to go even longer between washes; even after workouts. Detoxifying charcoal powder lifts dirt and build up while absorbing oil and sweat. Cooling, calming white tea powder calms scalp and strengthens hair follicles.

A powerful dry shampoo that cleanses even the most oily hair and scalp with oil-erasing, odor-eliminating charcoal powder.

How To Use:

Shake well.

• Section hair and apply product in a sweeping motion to dirty and oily areas.
  • Wait 30 seconds for the powders to activate cooling and cleansing effects.
  • Remove excess powder by massaging and shaking at roots with fingers or brush.
  • Shake and repeat if necessary.
  • Apply before bed for oil absorption while you sleep.

Beauty Tip:

• Leave on for 30 seconds to allow the powders to activate; then massage into scalp.
  • For lighter cleansing levels, see IGK Jet Lag Invisible Dry Shampoo or IGK Direct Flight Multi-tasking Dry Shampoo.

Butane, Propane, SD Alcohol 40-B (Alcohol Denat.), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Zeolite, Acrylates Copolymer, Hydrated Silica, Charcoal Powder, Sodium Bicarbonate, Magnesium Carbonate, Diisopropyl Adipate, Cellulose, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Butylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-59, Cetrimonium Chloride, Sodium Acetate, Water, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

I notice that when I use this my hair gets very stiff, almost like a hairspray. Does anyone else have this issue? Am I using it incorrectly?
My can still sounds like there is liquid in there, but it no longer sprays out white. Does that mean it's empty?
Start your review of IGK First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo!
How would you rate this product?
Kimberly R.
Midland, TX
IGK First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo uploaded by Kimberly R.
Purchased at: Sephora
I love this! No white powder look, works great, and doesn’t make my scalp itchy like lots of other dry shampoos do. I use this almost daily, so it’s a favorite. The smell is good without being overwhelming. IGK First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo IGK
Evelia P.
Lindsay, CA
IGK First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo uploaded by Evelia P.
This shampoo gave me the deep clean I have been looking for. To get the best results from it recommend reading the back of the label for instructions. If you follow them you’ll get that nice clean light weight hair after your hair dries up. Yes, it smells good! I love the smell and feel of my hair after shampooing and conditioning my hair. I just wish the bottles were just a little bigger but then again you really don't needIGK First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo that much of either and I only use it once a week and use my dry Shampoo which I love.
Adrianne  M.
IGK First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo uploaded by Adrianne  M.
I am not a huge dry shampoo user because I never liked the way it made my hair feel. However, I was pleasantly surprised by this product! I was out of town and needed to freshen up my hair and was given this by a friend. It worked great! It wasn’t heavy, and didn’t leave any residue. I was able to go a few more days without having to wash my hair. I will purchase this product again!
Karen D.
Tampa, FL
IGK First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo uploaded by Karen D.
Purchased at: ULTA
This could clean up an oil spill. A little goes a long way so the can lasts much longer than similar products. Minimal to no residue
Andrea F.
Brooklyn, NY
IGK First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo uploaded by Andrea F.
Purchased at: ULTA
I have fine, dry, wavy, frizzy hair in bright TEAL YAY! This combo requires care. I only wash my hair every 5 or so days and use this dry shampoo to freshen up between washes. For those with color treated hair, I cannot recommend No. 3 Hair Perfector with a Deep Conditioning Heat Cap- Cordless, Microwavable Heat Cap for Steaming, Heat Therapy for Hair, Microfiber Cotton, Reversible, Flaxseed Interior by Glow by Daye enough. If you deep condition like this and use dry shampoo in between washes, you can go longer without going to the salon to tone the hair. I also prolong my color with Keracolor Clenditioner Color Depositing Conditioner Colorwash in teal.
Katy S.
Richmond, VA
IGK First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo uploaded by Katy S.
Purchased at: Sephora
This is the best dry shampoo I own. It really feels like it’s cleaning my hair when I use it. The smell is a little strong but goes away quickly. This dry shampoo brings life back to my hair, making it more full and cleaner looking
Christine L.
Torrance, CA
IGK First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo uploaded by Christine L.
Purchased at: ULTA
This is the most hardcore dry shampoo ever. I love it!!! It is my holy grail dry shampoo. I have fine and straight hair that gets greasy super quickly. I typically wash my hair after day 3. This dry shampoo specifically comes in clutch when I'm on my day 4 hair, and I don't have enough time to shower, but I desperately need my hair to look less greasy. This will soak ALL the grease out of my hair AND volumize it. The only con is that it will -feel- gritty, but it will make your hair -look- new, fresh, and volumized. Now saying that, it is a bit too hardcore to use it before day 3 hair. This dry shampoo has saved my hair so many times. I have purchased this dry shampoo like 3 times already, and I have 2 more backups already (even though it lasts a while). I highly recommend.
Ashley R.
Vienna, WV
IGK First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo uploaded by Ashley R.
I was not expecting this product to be as good as it was. It has the clearest instructions ever. Like spray, wait, rub. I am kinda new to this dry shampoo thing but I have had horrible luck with it! I had a partial hysterectomy so my body has changed where I once had super dry hair I now am a bottle of grease. This doesn’t turn my hair white and it looks fresh and smells like I just washed it , not powdery or dry shampooy smell.
Kim S.
Pleasanton, CA
IGK First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo uploaded by Kim S.
IGK First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo uploaded by Kim S.
Purchased at: Sephora
As a working mom of two, I basically run on coffee and dry shampoo. This is my absolute favorite and works well for my thicker dark brown hair. I used drugstore dry shampoo for years until I found this gem. It absorbs oil and excess shine while also adding some much needed texture. This can get chalky/white if you spray too close so I recommend rubbing or combing it in well to make sure it’s fully absorbed. This photo is after a sweaty workout with a light blow dry and some of this dry shampoo - Zoom ready in no time!
Rhiannon  B.
Lafayette, LA
IGK First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo uploaded by Rhiannon  B.
This stuff works really well. Smells great! Better than the not your mothers(in my opinion, but I like that one too). Worth the price! I feel like I have a lions mane when I use it :)
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Sanjana C.
Maple Grove, MN
il y a 9 mois
audrey N. il y a 9 mois
I really don't like it. It leaves a white cast, the smell is overpowering and the product clumps within 2 hours rendering my scalp absolutely disgusting.
Danielle M.
il y a un an
I like IGK First Class Detoxifying Charcoal Shampoo - do you find that the dry shampoo variety also relies on charcoal to help absorb and clear any residue or oil?
Adrianne M. il y a un an
I love the IGK Detoxifying Charcoal Detoxifying dry shampoo! Works great!
Rachel B.
Washington
il y a un an
IGK First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo How does your hair feel afterwards? Is it super heavy duty?
Roberta H. il y a un an
This is a liee free wsaver for 4-6 day hair
Morgan B.
N Little Rock, AR
il y a un an
Does anyone know of a drug store dry shampoo that compares to the IGK First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo? I have tried Not Your Mother’s and it doesn’t give me the volume and texture that IGK gives. I absolutely love the IGK First Class dry shampoo but I go through it really fast and it’s not the cheapest thing. TIA🖤
Jenna R. il y a un an
I honestly really like the Dove Volume & Fullness Dry Shampoo!
Lesly K.