BY IDAHOAN #1 in Packaged Meals & Sides

Discover russet potatoes from IdahoanWhat makes Idahoan Signature™ Russets so good? We start with the highest quality russet potatoes grown in the rich soil of Idaho®. Combine with real milk and butter, and you get mashed potatoes with homemade Sunday dinner taste—every time.

• Are these good? I've always seen them in store and I wasn't sure ...202 Answers
  • Do these taste more homemade than other options on the market? 4 Answers
  • Will it taste better with different ingredients added or by itself?19 Answers
Misty O.
Meridian, MS
The product had a great taste. Very easy to make. Affordable and available readily in my area. My issue is the company's use of GMO products. There's no reason for this in the states as we are one of the largest potato producers in the country. For this reason, I won't be purchasing this product.
Kathy A.
Lakeville, MN
I thought these were quite tasty for prepackaged mashed potatoes!  It certainly is an quick and easy way to have a side dish that tastes pretty close to homemade!  It's a handy thing to have on hand, and it is an affordable option for the pantry (I don't have to worry about potatoes going bad before using them up).  When I need mashed potatoes in a pinch, I certainly will consider these! I received these free to try from Influenster.
Kathi W.
St Simons Is, GA
These instant potatoes were fantastic! I admit I was skeptical and expected a processed flavor or texture. I was so pleasantly surprised And have purchased several times since to use as a easy side when trying to put dinner on the table quickly.
Jessie B.
I am really iffy about instant potatoes and the texture they have sometimes. However these had the texture of potatoes you peel, cut and boil and then mash without all the work. I give them an A+.
Christi E.
Decatur, TX
These are great instant potatoes that don't taste so "instant". You can whip them up quickly with just water and a whisk. I toss in a touch of butter and pepper, and my family loves them!
Lisa B.
San Antonio, TX
These are the best instant potato's I have ever had, when I don't want to make mashed potatoes from scratch these are my go to. Most people can't even tell the difference.
Tracie G.
Hayti, MO
These potatoes were really good creamy and buttery. I loved the taste of the skin pieces these potatoes are so good for a side item are just eating alone love them.
Yvette L.
Lehigh Acres , FL
Let me start by saying that this product is very easy to use. My son that doesn’t know how to cook, can follow the instructions and make this side dish. I didn’t think that it would have been good considering it is instant mashed potatoes It turned out to be very yummy.
Angeline J.
Piqua, oh
I got this a long time ago to try.  I did like the taste and it was very easy to make.  When I am in a hurry and don't feel like peeling potatoes etc etc etc, I would use these again.  Much better that a lot of boxed flaky potatoes but still not as good as the real thing.
Diane H.
Roanoke, TX
We loved the Idahoan Signature Russets Mashed Potatoes. They were easy to make and tasted great. They taste as good as from scratch and ready within minutes.
Sara B.
Are these good? I've always seen them in store and I wasn't sure how they would taste.
Shirley C.
El Monte, CA
Will it taste better with different ingredients added or by itself?
Elicia P.
Cleveland, OH
Did anyone else use a non-dairy milk? How did yours turn out?
Kelsi L.
Granbury, TX
Is the pouch really just as good??
Kara H.
Grundy Center, IA
When I have bought boxed potatoes in the past they never seem to have as much flavor as I'd like. Do these have a lot of flavor or do you need to add things to them?