BY IDAHOAN #8 in Boxed Meals & Sides

Discover russet potatoes from IdahoanWhat makes Idahoan Signature™ Russets so good? We start with the highest quality russet potatoes grown in the rich soil of Idaho®. Combine with real milk and butter, and you get mashed potatoes with homemade Sunday dinner taste—every time.

• Are these good? I've always seen them in store and I wasn't sure ...202 Answers
  • Do these taste more homemade than other options on the market? 4 Answers
  • Will it taste better with different ingredients added or by itself?19 Answers
Kathy A.
Lakeville, MN
I thought these were quite tasty for prepackaged mashed potatoes!  It certainly is an quick and easy way to have a side dish that tastes pretty close to homemade!  It's a handy thing to have on hand, and it is an affordable option for the pantry (I don't have to worry about potatoes going bad before using them up).  When I need mashed potatoes in a pinch, I certainly will consider these! I received these free to try from Influenster.
Carmel A.
I really like the taste of them. You can't tell that they are instant potatoes. My family thought that they were real potatoes so who am I to tell them differently.
Christina T.
Cumberland, KY
I love instant mashed potatoes and Idahoan is usually the brand I go
for. They are cheap and taste amazing. You can buy them in a variety of
flavors. They are very easy to make and are a great add to dinner. All
you have to do is add water and done! I highly recommend them!
Angeline J.
Piqua, oh
I got this a long time ago to try.  I did like the taste and it was very easy to make.  When I am in a hurry and don't feel like peeling potatoes etc etc etc, I would use these again.  Much better that a lot of boxed flaky potatoes but still not as good as the real thing.
Stacy S.
Bought these at jewel. These are great mashed potatoes! Nice and quick to make. Very simple steps. Great creamy texture. Will definitely purchase more flavors. I highly recommend this! Five stars! Go try some.
Hilary L.
Dallas, TX
I work full time but still try to make sure my family eats a home cooked meal for dinner.  I received the Idahoan Signature Russets mashed potatoes to review for Influenster and they just so happened to be the perfect addition to a home cooked meal for my family.  I made a pot roast in the crock pot and then added these mashed potatoes right before serving.  I looked good to my husband and kids but really didn't do any heavy lifting.  That's a win-win in my book!  #sponsored
Chelsea E.
Lincoln Park, MI
I am so happy I found these! They taste good, something I always worry about when using instant potatoes. Easy to make. And I love that the bag is resealable! I like being able to buy a big amount to get a few uses out of but not the boxes because you can't reseal them. This bag is perfect!
Caitrin G.
New Orleans, LA
I did two things with the Idahoan Signature Russets Mashed Potatoes: I made mashed potatoes with half the packet, and I made potato rolls with the other half.Both turned out fantastically, because the product boasts excellent quality. They don't have the grainy, salty flavor and consistency of rival brands, and are incredibly versatile.As a working mom, versatility in my pantry is insanely important - and after having received a free sample through Influenster to review, I can say I've since purchased this for my own kitchen. Worth it.
Briana H.
Minot Afb, ND
Yum, Yum, yummmmmmmmmmmm! These are instant potatoes and believe it or not, and they do not taste that way what so ever. These are really good to add to a meal real quick if you are crunched on time. They are very light and fluffy. Super affordable too!
Amy N.
Ballwin, MO
These were much better than what I expected.  The texture was very creamy and flavor was great!  I would definitely recommend these to friends and family.  I like how convenient it is to just pull out the pouch and mix - I would definitely buy them again.
Sara B.
Are these good? I've always seen them in store and I wasn't sure how they would taste.
Shirley C.
El Monte, CA
Will it taste better with different ingredients added or by itself?
Elicia P.
Cleveland, OH
Did anyone else use a non-dairy milk? How did yours turn out?
Kelsi L.
Granbury, TX
Is the pouch really just as good??
Kara H.
Grundy Center, IA
When I have bought boxed potatoes in the past they never seem to have as much flavor as I'd like. Do these have a lot of flavor or do you need to add things to them?