BY IDAHOAN

Discover russet potatoes from IdahoanWhat makes Idahoan Signature™ Russets so good? We start with the highest quality russet potatoes grown in the rich soil of Idaho®. Combine with real milk and butter, and you get mashed potatoes with homemade Sunday dinner taste—every time.

• Are these good? I've always seen them in store and I wasn...205 Answers
  • Do these taste more homemade than other options on the ma...4 Answers
  • Will it taste better with different ingredients added or ...19 Answers
Tivonia B.
Southfield, MI
Okay I’m the person who shouldn’t be allowed to have fresh potatoes because by the time I get 3/4 of the way through the bag I stick them in the fridge and forget them till they are like borderline useless/rotted and then I want mashed potatoes. Good news 9/10 we keep 3 of these instant potatoes on hand for that exact situation which is great. They aren’t as good as real mashed taters but they make a good substitute generally enough for 2-3 ppl. I don’t recommend trying to save them over night they don’t reheat all that well. At my local store they are about $1 each so pretty cheap which is good when shopping on a budget.
Darlene M.
Dalton, GA
I received this free to give my unbiased opinion and review. It has a wonderful taste and texture. I prefer to make homemade, but this is the next best thing. It's available at most Grocery stores to my knowledge. I personally get mine at Kroger's or Walmart.
Kathy A.
Lakeville, MN
I thought these were quite tasty for prepackaged mashed potatoes!  It certainly is an quick and easy way to have a side dish that tastes pretty close to homemade!  It's a handy thing to have on hand, and it is an affordable option for the pantry (I don't have to worry about potatoes going bad before using them up).  When I need mashed potatoes in a pinch, I certainly will consider these! I received these free to try from Influenster.
Kathi W.
St Simons Is, GA
These instant potatoes were fantastic! I admit I was skeptical and expected a processed flavor or texture. I was so pleasantly surprised And have purchased several times since to use as a easy side when trying to put dinner on the table quickly.
angelia k.
Simpsonville, SC
My family loved the Idahoan Signature Russets Mashed Potatoes.  I loved them because they were delicious and were so easy to make.  After working long hours, I want sides that are quick and easy to make and these were a perfect side to my grilled chicken.
Jennie M.
Walterboro, SC
It’s great in a pinch but I definitely prefer homemade mash potatoes. You can add butter, some scallions, pepper, and cheese. It’s very easy to prepare just add some hot water. No peeling, cutting up, or boiling potatoes.
Brittanee F.
Brazil, IN
I like fast and easy!!! This potatoes are sooo good!!! They taste just like real potatoes!! We eat them at least once a week!! You can get them just about anywhere.... kroger, walmart, IGA. Very satisfied
Christi E.
Decatur , TX
These are great instant potatoes that don't taste so "instant". You can whip them up quickly with just water and a whisk. I toss in a touch of butter and pepper, and my family loves them!
Michelle S.
Seattle, WA
Not like the real thing, but when I’m stressed and don’t have the time or money these do the trick to make me happy again. Potatoes have been my go to stress snack my whole life so I know a hint or two about the instant options out there. These are good, but if you’re looking for the real thing just take the time to go for that.
Roxanne O.
Bakersfield , CA
It’s a cheap go to when you can’t afford much. It’s processed so it’s not great for you. I’d recommend making mashed potatoes from scratch first. These come in many flavors and varieties, so that’s cool. I’m still not a huge fan.
Sara B.
Are these good? I've always seen them in store and I wasn't sure how they would taste.
Shirley C.
El Monte, CA
Will it taste better with different ingredients added or by itself?
Elicia P.
Cleveland, OH
Did anyone else use a non-dairy milk? How did yours turn out?
Kelsi L.
Granbury, TX
Is the pouch really just as good??
Kara H.
Grundy Center, IA
When I have bought boxed potatoes in the past they never seem to have as much flavor as I'd like. Do these have a lot of flavor or do you need to add things to them?