BY ICY HOT

Icy Hot® Medicated Patch XL Back and Large Areas.
Menthol 5%.
75% larger*.
No mess relief.
Stops pain at the source.
Lasts up to 8 hours.
Comfortable fabric stays in place.
Pain relieving ointment on a breathable adhesive pad.
Extra strength.
Contains 3 patches in 1 resealable pouch. see more...

• Are these reliable? Are they a good solution for back pain?1 Answers
Icy Hot Medicated Patch XL Back and Large Areas - 3 CT
  • "Every now and then I get the worst back pains so this patch is a lifesaver." in 2 reviews
  • "It was the first time that I've used any of the Icy Hot products and wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly with the outcome. " in 1 review
  • "I mostly wear them at night time while I'm sleeping, and that seems to make it feel much better in the morning." in 1 review
Neyi g.
Neyi g.
Volga, SD
funciona muy bien para calmar el dolor o inflamacion muscular de la espalda. precio accesible y facil de encontrar
Caeli E.
Caeli E.
Des Moines, IA
I occasionally get back spasms from a disc issue i have in my lumbar spine. The spasms lead to tight muscles, which limit my mobility, and further increase pain.  These icy hot patches have been extremely effective in shutting down the inflammation cycle which can lead to me being in debilitating pain for up to a week.  In my opinion they are pretty pricey, and I definitely couldn't afford to use them on a regular basis, but I do keep a box in my medicine cabinet for those few times a month when I really need widespread relief. I will say that my whole family knows when I'm using one, and none of them like the way they smell.  The adhesive can irritate my skin if I truly wear it on my whole back for 8+ hours, but it does the trick, so it's worth it.
Shani R.
Shani R.
I have pretty severe back, neck and shoulder pain. I've been in several serious accidents that have left my bones and muscles somewhat of a mangled mess. I use icy hot on an almost daily basis, and it's absolutely incredible. I would refrain from touching your face or rubbing your eyes (for obvious reasons). It goes into action pretty much immediately once it's applied. The ice helps to freeze up whatever it is that needs to be worked on, and when the heat sets in, it soothes and unties any tension that's left over. It doesn't always do the trick if you have pretty severe chronic pain, but if you're like me, any help is better than none. I would definitely recommend this for everything from a minor sports injury to chronic pain sufferers.
Kristen L.
Kristen L.
I really like this product. I had a weird injury where I got hit by a car and it left my leg messed up. I was still running, and my leg responded well to heat and cold. Well you can't really carry around an ice pack or heating pack around all day so I looked for something I could use. I found these patches and thought I would try them out. They worked great! The heat felt really good and relaxing on my leg, I would highly recommend using this instead of a heating pack.
Meghan B.
Meghan B.
This product is really good for individuals who have a certain ache or pain. For me, I get lower back pain after working out too much. This product is perfect for me to use at night when I am relaxing and trying to get my muscles to relax for my workout the next day. It has really been a lifesaver! The packs usually come with about 5 patches, and they definitely last for about 8-12 hours.
Karin S.
Karin S.
Key West, FL
I was surprised by how effective these were, in combination with Alleve, for reducing the pain in my lower back when I got hurt in yoga. Yep, a yoga injury. But my back ached, and I could hardly move. The cold wasn't too cold, and the hot was just right, and they really did last for a long time. I keep them in the medicine box now, just in case.
Audra G.
Audra G.
They stick very nicely & don't shift around. They cover a pretty large area. They are a little pricey but the menthol feeling is soothing to me. Even though they don't really take all of the pain away they are soothing. Like how certain scents comfort you & make you feel better. I would buy them again if I ever had the extra money.
Alica L.
Alica L.
This product I use on the daily even if I don't workout. Many times I wake up in an awkward position and tend to get kinks in my back, I also work in a factory where pain and strains are a daily struggle. IcyHot is my go-to for instant pain relief, the product is great and works! We keep this stocked up in our house!
Lauren B.
Lauren B.
Staten Island, NY
These have been a LIFESAVER. As someone with chronic back pain, these are the perfect things to slip on for school, work, going out, etc. It doesn't have an obvious scent, so unless someone sees you with it on, no one will have a way of knowing it's there. It works FAST, fast enough that it surprises you.
Randi H.
Randi H.
Sunrise, FL
These patches are a Godsend, I have a very bad back and when it acts up and I need to go to work I have my husband put one of the patches on, I take a an Aleve and I am good to go. We often get these at Walmart,it's a great price, and the added pro is that I don't have to smell like i was just rubbed out!
Casey N.
Casey N.
Cincinnati, OH
Are these reliable? Are they a good solution for back pain?