Icelandair

by Icelandair

Anyone else love to go to Iceland one day ?!
I have heard that Icelandic Air has amazing rates. Is it true that they are amazing rates and are the rates worth it? Being that they have a lot of international travel is it worth it? Is it a comfortable experience?
I have a flight on Icelandair in February, it is an 8 hour trip, will I have to pay for food or will it be provided?
Start your review of Icelandair !
How would you rate this product?
Jamie J.
N Myrtle Bch, SC
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Icelandair  uploaded by Jamie J.
Icelandair  uploaded by Jamie J.
Took Icelandair last year. My son was very happy to get a activity bag which even came with a sleep mask. This was very cool for the kids. The staff were friendly. But be prepared to buy your food. This I was disappointed at as we didn’t know and didn’t eat first or grab something to go. Which we’ve been before on another airline which did give food. All in all, the flight was good and would probably use them again if we went back.
Haley S.
North Hampton, NH
Over all the service was pretty good the only thing was that you had to pay for luggage which isn't normal on an international flight and that they didn't serve you any snacks on a 4 hour flight.
Colin  .
Dallas
Icelandair provides exceedingly comfortable accommodations for basic coach seating that is superior to similar basic flight options amongst US carriers. Their prices are also amazing; you can often find roundtrip tickets to Iceland from the US east coast for $350 or less. Their service is also exceptional.
Serenity S.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Icelandair is very accommodating. They gave us food, ear buds and they have on plane entertainment. The seats have USB ports to plug in devices and charge them. The flight was affordable. We arrived on time and departed on time. The flight was so smooth! I'm a nervous flier especially during descent, and the pilot flew this plane so well!
miranda P.
Lake Oswego
The tickets were cheap, which is the only reason we flew it. There was hardly any leg room (less than a normal tight fitting airline). For a 7 hour international flight, they provided NO complimentary snacks. They came by with complimentary beverages (soda, juice, water) and had the option to buy snacks. But even their overpriced snacks were very small. However, they did provide a small pillow and blanket and they did have small TVs on the back of the headrests. Also their staff in the Iceland airport were VERY rude. Made us check out carry on luggage even though it fit the standards and then didn’t even bother to tell us that backpacks don’t go on the normal luggage carousel. So we waited 45 minutes until the carousel completely stopped and asked and it had been sitting in a completely different location for “weird shaped luggage” the entire time. But the tickets were super cheap.
Kassi C.
I had the worst experience possible trying to leave the country due to maintenance issues on both flights. They don’t have any airline partnerships so they don’t rebook you on flights right away. We had two flights cancelled by them in 24 hours and the planes are very old with lots of problems. I avoid this airline at all costs. Nothing is free, even a meal on an overnight flight.
Fiona M.
Icelandair is accommodating and the airport in Iceland is easy to navigate. I've traveled with Icelandair when there was a baggage handler strike as well as when the terminals were under construction, and both times the staff was friendly and helpful. The only complaint I can think of is that the menu is different depending on if you are flying to Iceland or returning from Iceland, so don't bank on being able to have the same in-flight meal twice.
Megan T.
Saint Petersburg
ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. DO. NOT. DO. IT. it’s the absolute worst!!! Also Iceland is the worse. It’s so expensive and horrible. Also this airline, don’t even get me started. So unorganized. Always delayed. THEY DON’T EVEN GIVE YOU FOOD ON INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS. so you land and have to spend 5000 Icelandic dollars on a burger. I would give this airline 3 stars maybe if they gave out $200 transatlantic flights and even then 3 stars would be pushing it. Horrible.
Dana L.
Icelandair  uploaded by Dana L.
First - I HATE flying - I find it terrifying. When flying domestically I have one airline that I fly religiously so flying internationally is a little more panic inducing. My boyfriend and I used Icelandair for our trip to Iceland back in February and we ended up being totally spoiled.

For starters the airfare is really affordable and when compared to it's competitors they allowed 1 checked bag up to 50lb at no additional cost which was HUGE. Due to our upgrade (which I mention below) we were actually allowed to bring 2x 50lb checked bags each but we traveled light to begin with.

They sent out an email pre-flight letting us know we could bid for a seat upgrade which we threw our hats into the ring for on both of our flights (to and from Keflavik). Both times we were notified that we had been upgraded to Economy Comfort which gave us access to the lounge in the terminal pre-flight. Upon boarding the plane we ended up actually being seated in Saga Class seats. Awesome! We received blankets, pillows, earphones, ear plugs, sleep-masks, and complimentary snacks and beverages.

The TV entertainment system is incredible compared to US domestic airlines. So many movies, television shows, and music stations to choose from. They also had a USB port & plug for charging which came in handy.

The flight attendants were very friendly and attentive, some of the nicest I've encountered. They really went above and beyond to ensure that we were taken care of and comfortable even though it was a "quick" flight. Not only will we be using them on our return trip to Iceland in the near future - we will definitely be using them any time they have a route abroad for wherever we're going.  A++

Stevy H.
Rockville, MD
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Wonderful airline! Flights are very affordable and the seats are comfortable. You also get two free checked baggage when flying on Icelandair. They recently came up with the Stopover Buddy program where an Icelandair employee is your tour guide while you Stopover in Iceland. I love this airline and will continue to use them in the future.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...