BY ICELANDAIR

• I have a flight on Icelandair in February, it is an 8 hou...4 Answers
  • Is this Expensive ?4 Answers
Sophie C.
Errol, NH
I absolutely loved my flight from JFK to KEF with Iceland-air, The plane was spacious and offered a lot of amenities. I flew a red eye, so I was quite pleased to board he plane and find pillows and blankets on my seat. The onboard entertainment was awesome and had a wide selection to choose from. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. I definitely would recommend them to anyone who wants to travel overseas!
Dana L.
First - I HATE flying - I find it terrifying. When flying domestically I have one airline that I fly religiously so flying internationally is a little more panic inducing. My boyfriend and I used Icelandair for our trip to Iceland back in February and we ended up being totally spoiled.

For starters the airfare is really affordable and when compared to it's competitors they allowed 1 checked bag up to 50lb at no additional cost which was HUGE. Due to our upgrade (which I mention below) we were actually allowed to bring 2x 50lb checked bags each but we traveled light to begin with.

They sent out an email pre-flight letting us know we could bid for a seat upgrade which we threw our hats into the ring for on both of our flights (to and from Keflavik). Both times we were notified that we had been upgraded to Economy Comfort which gave us access to the lounge in the terminal pre-flight. Upon boarding the plane we ended up actually being seated in Saga Class seats. Awesome! We received blankets, pillows, earphones, ear plugs, sleep-masks, and complimentary snacks and beverages.

The TV entertainment system is incredible compared to US domestic airlines. So many movies, television shows, and music stations to choose from. They also had a USB port & plug for charging which came in handy.

The flight attendants were very friendly and attentive, some of the nicest I've encountered. They really went above and beyond to ensure that we were taken care of and comfortable even though it was a "quick" flight. Not only will we be using them on our return trip to Iceland in the near future - we will definitely be using them any time they have a route abroad for wherever we're going.  A++
Taylor J.
Bend
The seats were very uncomfortable, and the flight attendants would try to sell you Iceland products. The amenities were not great, but the tickets were cheap. The flight attendants were nice as well.
Hena N.
Fredericksburg
Our flight was delayed and the seats were very uncomfortable. Their service was good and they helped us find other flights and my favorite part was none of it tbh. I wasn’t too satisfied with the trip
Lauren D.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
This was the worst set of flights I have ever been on. They don’t give you any food for overnight flights. The food they have is wildly overpriced. Their boarding staff are incompetent and due to them checking two different passengers into the wrong flight, I almost missed my own flight because they stopped checking people in to fix their mistake. I will never fly icelandair again.
Luana M.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The staff was friendly, and overall we had a nice flight with no delays. However, I was not aware that there was a fee for food, I just assume because the flight was from NYC to Paris and it’s a long flight food would be included. In the end we bought a sand which that’s was really plain and simple for almost $20... not worth it
Jillian C.
Best. Airline. Ever!!! Lots of leg room for an amazing price! I've flown with them several times and tell all of my friends to fly with them when they're traveling abroad.
Priscila S.
Dallas, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Iceland air made me feel so fancy! Used it to fly to Europe. They gave me a lovely Icelandic water bottle when boarding and everyone in the flight was offered a pillow and a blanket! The plane had screens with access to free movies and shows that we’re pretty new. Loved my experience!
alejna k.
Bloomingdale
all the flights i took were 6+ hours and i didn’t eat one meal since you had to pay for it which i thought was kinda ridiculous. it’s borderline abuse to starve people for that amount of time lmao some of us are BROKE. their accents were cool tho.
Alyssa M.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Absolutely love Icelandair! For a European budget airline for transatlantic flights, the seats are incredibly comfortable, the movie selection is always great, and getting through Rekjavik airport is never a problem!
Caroline W.
Needham, MA
Globetrotter Expert Level 5
What do you like best about Iceland Air ?
Hannah D.
West Richland, WA
What other fees should I look out for when I show up?
Kuukua W.
I've been planning my trip to iceland for almost a year now, how good are the rates and the in flight service?
Kendra G.
Corp Christi, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Why are flights always so expensive???
Raquel L.