Icelandair  uploaded by Tiffany T.Icelandair  uploaded by Melissa F.Icelandair  uploaded by Dana L.

BY ICELANDAIR

• I have heard that Icelandic Air has amazing rates. Is it true th...1 Answers
  • I have a flight on Icelandair in February, it is an 8 hour trip, ...4 Answers
  • Is this Expensive ?4 Answers
Dana L.
First - I HATE flying - I find it terrifying. When flying domestically I have one airline that I fly religiously so flying internationally is a little more panic inducing. My boyfriend and I used Icelandair for our trip to Iceland back in February and we ended up being totally spoiled.

For starters the airfare is really affordable and when compared to it's competitors they allowed 1 checked bag up to 50lb at no additional cost which was HUGE. Due to our upgrade (which I mention below) we were actually allowed to bring 2x 50lb checked bags each but we traveled light to begin with.

They sent out an email pre-flight letting us know we could bid for a seat upgrade which we threw our hats into the ring for on both of our flights (to and from Keflavik). Both times we were notified that we had been upgraded to Economy Comfort which gave us access to the lounge in the terminal pre-flight. Upon boarding the plane we ended up actually being seated in Saga Class seats. Awesome! We received blankets, pillows, earphones, ear plugs, sleep-masks, and complimentary snacks and beverages.

The TV entertainment system is incredible compared to US domestic airlines. So many movies, television shows, and music stations to choose from. They also had a USB port & plug for charging which came in handy.

The flight attendants were very friendly and attentive, some of the nicest I've encountered. They really went above and beyond to ensure that we were taken care of and comfortable even though it was a "quick" flight. Not only will we be using them on our return trip to Iceland in the near future - we will definitely be using them any time they have a route abroad for wherever we're going.  A++
Gen L.
Minneapolis
I had over night flights to and from London (from the US) with a stop over in Iceland. The tv in my seat worked well, and there was a great assortment of recent movies and tv to watch. I would definitely fly with them again in the future.
Kristin R.
Pittsburgh, PA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The best for going to Iceland or Europe! Although not the cheapest, it was so comfortable. Clean aircraft and the most pleasant staff. Didn’t have any hiccups on our trip. There are cheaper options, but Iceland Air is the best!!
Alyssa M.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Absolutely love Icelandair! For a European budget airline for transatlantic flights, the seats are incredibly comfortable, the movie selection is always great, and getting through Rekjavik airport is never a problem!
Sammi K.
Middlebrg Hts, OH
Friendliest airline staff I have ever met in my life. The flights themselves were awesome, and the seats were comfortable. I've used them twice. Once Boston-Iceland- London, with a layover in Iceland overnight for 6 hours and then again Amsterdam-Iceland-Boston with a shorter layover. I mentioned on the first flight over that I'd use them again because visiting Iceland on a layover for a cheaper price than a direct flight was so awesome, and then coming home once I touched down in Boston I realized my luggage was missing. After a month of trying to find it, the Amsterdam Iceland air employee forgot to throw it on the the ramp after tagging it. But other than that it was a wonderful experience. And I do hope I get a chance to fly with them again.
Roxana E.
Denver, CO
Icelandair has good deals on us to Europe flights with a stopover in iceland, and you can either go straight through to your destination or stop in iceland for a few days for no extra cost. However the actual flights are not very comfortable since they are transatlantic flights - seats are small and hard, and they charge extra for everything including bags food etc. A good option if you're looking to save money and don't mind the downsides
Trisha F.
Charlottesvle, VA
I flew Iceland Air when I went to Reykjavik and the experience was amazing! The staff is so friendly and accommodating and the pilot speaks in English so there's nothing to worry about when flying there. In fact Icelanders speak English fluently so it's easy to communicate with people there. I also enjoyed the overheard compartment lights that mimicked the aurora borealis. It made for a nice tranquil experience.
Dori K.
Salt Lake Cty, UT
I've flown Icelandair SEVERAL times and I've been consistently impressed with their overall service. They're incredibly prompt and efficient, great with customer service, and I LOVE their upgrade bidding option. They treat their customers extremely well and I just love them!!!
Tatiana G.
San Francisco, CA
Went to Iceland by this airline and got in love with the country after just 5 minutes on the plain. The take a good care of you and they also have a few movies about Iceland on board. You can also order any Spa procedure at their blue lagoon while you are in the air.
ashley a.
Tolland, CT
My boyfriend lives in Iceland so I am usually traveling icelandair or wowair. I like icelandair much better than wow due to better customer service, amenities, and support. The planes have USB plugs and tv's on each seat. They also are lenient on their baggage.
Caroline W.
Needham, MA
Globetrotter Expert Level 5
What do you like best about Iceland Air ?
Hannah D.
West Richland , WA
What other fees should I look out for when I show up?
Kuukua W.
I've been planning my trip to iceland for almost a year now, how good are the rates and the in flight service?
Kendra G.
Corp Christi, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Why are flights always so expensive???
Denille M.
Rochester, MN
I have a flight on Icelandair in February, it is an 8 hour trip, will I have to pay for food or will it be provided?