BY IAMS #9 in Cat Food

IAMS INDOOR WEIGHT & HAIRBALL CARE™ dry cat food helps maintain a healthy weight and helps reduce hairballs— keeping your cat ready to pounce.

• Helps maintain healthy weight in indoor cats
  • Helps reduce hairballs before they start
  • 100% Complete & Balanced Adult Nutrition, 0% Fillers

Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn Grits, Corn Meal, Ground Whole Grain Sorghum, Dried Beet Pulp, Powdered Cellulose, Chicken, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Dried Egg Product, Natural Flavor, Brewers Dried Yeast, Sodium Bisulfate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, Fish Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Fructooligosaccharides, Dicalcium Phosphate, Taurine, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of vitamin B1), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of vitamin B6), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement (source of vitamin B2), Inositol, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Minerals (Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Iodide), L-Carnitine, Citric Acid, Rosemary Extract

• Is there actually a noticeable difference on the number o...3 Answers
  • Is this brand a good or a bad brand for cats??2 Answers
  • Does this really work?1 Answers
Shelby M.
Dalton City
10/10 would recommend this product for anyone who has cats that have a weight problem or hairball problem. I have four cats in my house and there is a lot of grooming that happens between them. One of them also has a sensitive stomach and this is the only brand she can eat without getting sick a couple hours later. We also fed this brand (not this exact product obviously) to a dog we had when I was younger. This is our trusted brand and we will search every store around us until we find it if it is out of stock at our go-to stores.
Kassy I.
Las Vegas
My cat has had a pretty bad issue with hair balls especially since it’s now summer time and I tried EVERYTHING from hairball medicine, to cat treats, and even a store brand hairball remedy dry food. Nothing worked until I decided to take the plunge and purchase this for him! Previous times I’ve purchased regular Iams foods he would not touch it, but surprisingly enough he LOVES this kind and has had close to no hairballs after just a month of him eating it. A little on the pricey side, but if your fur baby suffers from hair balls regularly definitely give this a try! You won’t regret it!
Kaitlyn S.
I've looked and haven't found the right food on here to review but it is the same brand for cats,my cat loves this a lot he eats it down and I constantly have to keep purchasing it. He doesn't get sick of of this food so that's a plus. Iams™ Proactive Health™ Indoor Weight & Hairball Care Cat Food  #cats
Caitlin T.
Sterling Heights
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I feed this to all 3 cats and they love it. Pros would be that it is beneficial to their bodies, I don’t see any hairballs from any of the cats, and the cats can’t get enough of it. It is a little pricey, but I like to buy the biggest bag (3 cats go through a LOT of food). I’d definitely recommend it to other indoor cat owners!
MaCaila S.
Salem, OR
This is the food I feed my cats every day and they absolutely love it. Plus it works so much better than Purina on both of their tummies. My girl cat was constantly throwing up and having hair balls when she was in Purina indoor food. I switched her over to this and she stopped throwing up and gained weight!
Abby H.
Hopatcong
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
I’ve just started feeding my cats this food. I usually only give them wet food, as that is recommended. This is good for ever once in a while. It is good quality for the price. I recommend wet food, but this is for those times you run out or feel your car needs something more than wet food.
Shelby M.
Dalton City
This works so well for my 4 furry friends. We normally buy this product at Walmart or Kroger and we normally get the big bag. It helps the cats with hairball prevention and they love to eat it. They get so excited when we fill their bowl up, even when their bowl is not even empty!
melissa B.
Missoula
My cat has been on IAMS since he was a kitten. I have kept him indoors and wanted to ensure he was getting proper nutrition but not gaining excess weight. He loves this food! He is a big boy and eats all day but is still at an ideal weight! Couldn't recommend IAMS and more!
Jessica G.
Tacoma, WA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Ever since I switched to this food, the food seems to be filling my cat up faster (so she’s not eating as much food) and she seems to love it. I used to spend a lot of money on expensive “organic” food that was supposed to help maintain my cat’s weight...but it never seemed to work. I will keep feeding my fur babies this food because it’s affordable and it’s keeping them healthy!
Rachel M.
Grand Blanc,
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My cat has never liked wet food believe it or not. She has always wanted dry food. We have given her a variety of dry foods, including hills prescription diet food. Before trying Iams, she had so pretty nasty gastrointestinal issues. Now her movements are less scary and she seems to be happier. This food in particular was recommended by a family friend who works at a veterinarian clinic. Glad we took her word and tried it. If you are looking for reasonably priced food, that is good quality I definitely suggest trying!
Vilma Judith C.
Doral, FL
I never purchased this, would your recommend it?
linda m.
Absecon, NJ
How well does this work for hairball control?
Rachel M.
Woodstock, IL
Have your cats lost weight when using the Weight Control food?
Cheryl C.
Henderson, NV
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
Is this really good for hairball control? Lately my cats have been getting hairballs and am looking for something that will help.
Janice F.
Sumrall
I am thinking of bringing my outdoor cat in for winter abd will need to change her food. I am concerned about hairballs and think this may be a good choice, is it worth the price?

back