BY IAMS

• Is there actually a noticeable difference on the number of hairba...3 Answers
  • Is this brand a good or a bad brand for cats??1 Answers
  • Does this really work?1 Answers
Iams Proactive Health Indoor Weight & Hairball Care Formula
  • "my cat loves it, she begs for it, and you can see its good for her when she plays, her hair it's smooth and the vet said her inside where perfect!" in 10 reviews
  • "We used Iams when my cat was a kitten and still continue to use the hard food, but switched over to Fancy Fest for wet food." in 9 reviews
  • "I consulted the vet, and he said sometimes "specialty" dry foods like this can give cats an upset stomach." in 8 reviews
  • "My cat is a pretty picky eater and we decided to switch to iams, gizmo actually really enjoys thia brand comapared to others!" in 7 reviews
  • "With any version of any brand of cat food having hairball ccontrol, please expect diarrhea before hairballs and even vomiting." in 5 reviews
Pacey H.
Bourbonnais, IL
I love buying this for my cat. She loves all the flavors to this brand. theres a difference between generic and this and they know it. something i will always go by.
Rebecca Q.
I have four cats and I have all my cats eating this food. At first I bought it for my oldest cat (she's fourteen) because she was having difficulty digesting her other food. But when the other cats started eating it as well and preferred it over their old food, I started giving it to them as well. They all seem to like it and I have definitely noticed a difference in my older kitty.
Kathryn B.
Denton, TX
I have 2 cats, one of whom has long fur. They hardly ever get hairballs, and they seem to really like this food. They get super excited when I bring a new bag home. Neither of them have had weight fluctuations, and I believe it is partly due to this food.
Heather W.
Pet Lover Expert
I would recommend the Iams Weight and Hairball Dry Cat Food because i can feel confident that they are getting all their nutrition needs met while not worrying about them eating alot of extra unneeded calories. They really seem to love it too. Cats can be picky about their food but both my cats love this dry food. It meets all my requirements for a dry cat food- low calorie, reduces hairballs, easily digested, and a good source of protein. I would definitely recommend it to all cat parents!
Brandy W.
Bullard , TX
I have been feeding my cat Iams for 8 years, she is a very picky eater and will only eat this brand of cat food, one day i just grabbed some cheap cause I ran out of Iams and she would not eat for 3 days. yes she has a big attitude. I tell all my friends and family about this brand and how great it is.
Meredith W.
Greenville, NC
My long haired cat has a very sensitive stomach! This is the only affordable food that I have found that she can tolerate! Not too mention she loves the flavor! She begs for more every time anyone goes near her food bowl! It has also helped reduce the amount of hair balls she has!
Dianne R.
Louisville , KY
Pet Lover Expert
Okay, my cats are picky little monsters. I thought they loved hairball control food due to their high oil/high fat content. But since they are older, indoor cats who have been spayed, they're a little pudgy. So we decided to try Iams Proactive Health Indoor Weight and Hairball Care Formula. The kibble is lighter in color so I expected that it contained less fat and oil and that my cats would not like it. I was wrong. They ate it up! They absolutely loved it. I was thrilled because they could stand to lose a little weight and with winter coming, they're sure to start hurking up hairballs left and right. The Iams keeps it pretty well under control most of the year but when the big weather changes come and they either grow or lose their winter coat, they do need additional help with a bit of Petramalt or Cat Lax. But otherwise, it's pretty close to perfect.
Heather C.
I have been feeding my two cats this brand since I got them at 4 months old (I did the kitten food one first) and they're nearly two years old now. I feel like this is a high quality food- they're active and playful and it keeps their coats very soft and shiny. They're very healthy cats and I think it's down to the quality of the food. I did hope that their weight would be a little easier to control with this but I think that's user error as I and my fiance over feed them. As for the hairballs, they're short hair cats and they've not had one hairball when on this food.
Sarah S.
Loveland , OH
I used to feed this to my two cats after the vet recommended it when Purina gave one diarrhea consistently. I fed them this brand for over a year and during that time, my cats were constantly hungry to the point that they would stand by their bowls all day crying and trying to corral you to the bowl. One of my cats ended up getting violent and biting people to try and get them to feed her. She was the cat that was always the angel too. After that I went to the pet store and they told me Iams and other grocery brand food was full of fillers, not real meat. If you look at the ingredients corn and other fillers are listed first. I now feed them an organic brand of food with actual meat and they snack on their food all day. They aren't constantly crying for food and are no longer violent. It is a big relief.
Gentry A.
Grifton, NC
I have 3 indoor cats and this is the ONLY cat food they will eat! Clearly i cant give a review on the taste but clearly these picky boys approve!! I approve of the cost and quality as well!
Vilma Judith C.
Doral, FL
I never purchased this, would your recommend it?
linda m.
Absecon, NJ
How well does this work for hairball control?
Rachel M.
Woodstock, IL
Have your cats lost weight when using the Weight Control food?
DeLynda L.
Pittsburgh, PA
Is there actually a noticeable difference on the number of hairballs your cat coughs up with this food? Do you notice that there are fewer?
Cheryl C.
Henderson, NV
Pet Lover Expert
Is this really good for hairball control? Lately my cats have been getting hairballs and am looking for something that will help.