Iams ProActive Health Adult Ground Dinner with Beef & Rice Premium Dog Food 13.2 Oz

BY IAMS

Canned Recipes from Iams give your pet the taste and nutrition of a homemade meal. With real broth in every healthy bite, your pet will find mealtime irresistible. Iams Canned Recipes are made from natural ingredients slow-cooked in real broth plus added vitamins and minerals. see more...

Melanie O.
Saint Paul, MN
I decided to try my hand at being a BzzAgent! What's that you ask? Well it's a site where you answer surveys & can qualify to take part in the testing & review of free products. I received my first product from them & that is Iams Proactive Health MiniChunks.

I've had my bag of a Iams for a few days now & my dogs have been eyeing it. They do already eat Iams on a regular basis but they normally get the Naturals version. I switched my dogs to a Iams at the suggestion of my vet years ago. I never have a problem getting them to eat it & when they get the regular I think they just believe it's a treat cause they gobble it up!

I had a hard time getting them to sit still long enough to allow me to even get a picture of them with the bag. I actually tried to feed them their regular food today & they acted like they weren't hungry. I think they worked up a hunger when I pulled out this bag of mini chunks & they got their pose on. Look at Mogli (black dog on the right), she looks like she's salivating & Karma (white on the left) has her begginggg & pleading look going.

Iams is a great brand. The dogs are definitely full of energy, the Vet has nothing but good stuff to say regarding their health & the outdoor clean up is a lot less plentiful.... if you know what I mean. I would totally recommend Iams to any pet owner cause there have been no complaints from my current, or past, dogs.

After all the picture taking I finally dished the gals up some food to se if they wanted to eat & sure enough, gobble gobble. They made like turkeys & stuffed themselves.
Julia L.
Shippensburg, PA
First of all, I've been using this product for about three weeks, it seems to agree with my dogs. Any time they've shown an allergy or upset stomach, it is usually within the first week of a new dog food. This ones seems like a keeper. The ingredients are also higher quality than most of the Iams foods I've checked out and not purchased before. (I also check a website that you can find via google for reviews of dog food, this one did well!) The dogs seems to love it, even my picky English Setter.

Just a suggestion- make sure you're mixing your previous dog food with your new dog food for a smoothr transition:) By doing this, I've never had an issue with a new food unless a new allergy in one of my dogs popped up. This is a great alternative to my usual food, and it is a little bit cheaper without compromising the quality of the food, so I am going to continue to use it. I do really wish that it would come in larger bags though.

Will update if anything changes, but for now, loving this food!
Danielle A.
Sacramento, CA
We usually buy Pedigree for our Chocolate Lab/Pit bull, but have always heard rave reviews about Iams. So when I received a substantial coupon, we decided to try it. We slowly started to switch him over to Iams, One cup mixed with his Pedigree at a time and the more we added, the more problems we had. It started with him puking up an hour after every meal, and a month after we fully switched he was puking and having runny poop an hour after every meal. At this point we discontinued the use of the product. We were bummed, but it just was not right for us.
Heather H.
I've always used Iams regular or small breed for my pug and she's always done excellent with it. So when we got our yellow lab puppy I wanted to stick with what I knew- and was so glad that I did! He's a large and growing boy but he's been doing great with it. No issues what so ever, eats normal and even shares with the pug when she's around. They have a very wide range of products and I've used most and have to say they all are very good products. The large breed is here to stay at our home.
Rachael H.
Topeka, KS
After searching long and hard to find the right dog food, my husband and I settled on this one since the first ingredient is not a by-product. We've been feeding it to our 85lb lab and he (and us since he is always anxious to eat) couldn't be happier! It is reasonably priced around $30 a bag.
Deborah L.
Riverview, FL
When we moved from Germany back to the states, we couldn't find our dogs food in our local store, so we chose this one because it didn't have any of the foods he is allergic to in it. Our dog gained 5-10 lbs while on this food, in just a couple months. His activity level actually increased when we moved, so the food was the contributing factor. Please read the labels and do your homework on anything you are going to give your pets. You would be surprised by what you find!
Dusti R.
Grand Jct, CO
I really like how accessible and easy it is to find-all stores carry it (Target, Walmart, PetCo, etc.). They almost always have a coupon every month to use. I mix this one with the Iams Natural's Ocean mix for our St. Bernard.

I will say the bad thing is that you can't buy a LARGE bag of it. You have to settle for these smaller 17 lbs bags, which means you're spending more money more often with more trips to the store to buy dog food.

Hopeful that they will have the large bulk bag soon.
Myra K.
I mixed this canned food with the iams hard food once in a while.. my dog love it.. he can eat this in less than one minutes and always beg for more.. he always soo excited to hear that sound of the can when its open.. he thinks its the best day ever!! :)
Heidi W.
Argyle, NY
I used to love Iams for my dogs. We always bought the lamb and rice. I thought it was a little pricey but it was worth it untill my dogs started dropping weight. They went to the vet and said there wasn't any sign of illness. I double checked the feeding amount and it was the same but then I noticed they switched their main ingrediant from lamb to lamb meal. Switched to different brand and they are doing great.
Carlie B.
Pittsburgh, PA
We have been feeding this to our dogs for a little while. they seem to like it, but only if mixed with wet food. i do like that there is no grain and seems to be healthy ingredients. the convenience of this product is good as well. it is pretty much carried anywhere.