BY CHEGG

On the afternoon of October 12, 1990, my twin brother, Thomas, entered the Three Rivers, Connecticut, public library, retreated to one of the rear study carrels, and prayed to God the sacrifice he was about to commit would be deemed acceptable.One of the most acclaimed novels of our time, Wally Lamb's I Know This Much Is True is a story of alienation and connection, devastation and renewal, at once joyous, heartbreaking, poignant, mystical, and powerfully, profoundly human. see more...

Buy on Target*
Mar B.
Mar B.
This is one of my favorite books of all time. It's very meaty and a great read. It's definitely not a light hearted and fun book, but I loved it. I've also read She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb and loved that too!
Krista L.
Krista L.
I have not read this in a while! Great book but not for the squeamish i think.
Antonia M.
Antonia M.
Escanaba, MI
i cant even put to words. this novel is incredible. i never wanted to put it down, and i kept forgetting this was not a true story while i was reading it. its tragic, heartbreaking, and also uplifting and thought provoking. wally lambs depiction of mental illness is raw and touches on how everyone seems to suffer in different aspects when a family member suffers from a mental illness. a coworker was reading this and she was only a few pages in and already praising it, so i ordered it immediately.
Niles, IL
This is the book that kicked everything off for me where my love for Wally Lamb is concerned. I was totally hooked from page to page. This book really explores topics of mental illness and and family that make you think. I would recommend it.
Kristen T.
Kristen T.
A great glimpse at someone struggling with mental illness. Wally Lamb writes in a way that's so relatable and down to earth. You truly feel the emotions of each character.
Jessica B.
Jessica B.
Orange City, IA
Another great book by a fantastic author. Another glimpse into a life struggling with mental illness. I read it more than a decade ago but it has stuck with me for years to come. It is not a quick or light read but it is satisfying.
Ashley J.
Ashley J.
Niagara falls, New York
I do enjoy this book. The story was interesting and gave a glimpse of what it is like having a family member who suffers from schizophrenia. You will laugh and cry, and at the end appreciate time time you spent reading this book. In some parts it does drag on, but I pushed through till the end and am glad I did.
Niles, IL
I LOVE this book. Does anyone have similar recommendations for books/authors?