Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened

BY NONE

heather h.
Gainesville, FL
what a wonderful read! Allie's adorable drawings and candid stories on experiencing anxiety and depression really helped in my dealing with my own mental health issue. The illustrations at some points made me laugh at loud. I 10/10 recommend this book. I finished in 2 hours, I could not put it down
Jillian M.
I read the web comic religiously. Why? Because I related. If you were a weird, spastic kid, this book is for you. If you’ve ever struggled with depression this book is for you too. It made me laugh, and it gave me the feels. I don’t know what happened to Allie Brosh, but I hope she’s doing great.
Clare K.
West Hartford, CT
This book is really funny and great if you have depression and anxiety like me and you want a good laugh. I have never seen another book brilliantly portray depression in a comedic like as this book does.
Madalyn J.
Clairton, PA
BEST BOOK I HAVE EVER READ. Most accurate but light-hearted aka hilarious depiction of mental illness. The cartoons may seem strange and childlike at first but I promise, it only adds to the hilarity of the book. I love the author Allie Brosh and if you want to find out more about her or about the book, check out her podcast with comedian Marc Maron on WTF with Marc Maron
EJ P.
Wayne, PA
I have read this book several times and I laugh so hard to cry each time. This book is hilarious while talking about serious issues. I pass this along to all my friends and am constantly telling people to read it. It is very short and made up of cartoons. It is a nice break in between novels.
Jaclyn O.
Somerset, NJ
This book is hilarious and super relatable. I've re-read it multiple times and it never gets old. The illustrations are super funny as well. She tackled a big topic of depression in a funny was that is also very understandable. Would recommend
Jasmine L.
When I think of my ideal book, I think of a story that really pulls at my heart strings, and tickles my funny bone. Hyperbole and a Half is blunt, hilarious, and interesting on a whole new level. It's use of poorly drawn cartoons just puts the quality on a whole new level. Well done.
Laura K.
Shillington, PA
This book is fantastic. It's hilarious and offbeat and definitely worth picking up at your local bookstore.
Lorna W.
Verdun, QC
Everyone needs this book in their life. EVERYONE. Don't believe me, do whatever you can to get this book from a friend and if it's not immediately worth it I will...well nothing, but it WILL be worth it. Allie Brosh writes with such wit, such humour and such downright absurdness that you will guffaw out loud causing people within a ten mile radius to give you the stink eye.

With every tale that passes you will swear it's your favorite until the next one (her dogs, the cake, the wolf children!!!!). If you're a weirdo like me you will think that Allie is shining a mirror on you. She even brings out the humour in her struggles with depression with the clarity and self-deprecation only someone who's gone through it can understand.

Please, buy this book. We need more happiness in the world.