Hyland's PRID Homeopathic Drawing Salve

PRID Drawing Salve has a traditional formula with natural active ingredients that have been helping relieve minor skin irritations including ingrown hairs, splinters, insect bites, boils and blisters for over 50 years. It’s a homeopathic blend carefully chosen for its soothing and protectant properties. *

* Claims based on traditional homeopathic practice, not accepted medical evidence. Not FDA evaluated.

Does he hide the traces of old wounds as well
How does this product actually work?
Hyland prid salve, I am having surgery in a week, recovering is in the vicinlty of someone allergic to eucalyptus, didnt see it on the ingredients list, just wanted to be careful?
Start your review of Hyland's PRID Homeopathic Drawing Salve!
a month agoNorth East , MD
Hyland's PRID Homeopathic Drawing Salve uploaded by Melanie H.
Well, first thing I can tell you about Hyland's Prid is wow, this was fate that I got this in my VoxBox!!! We just got a new kitten. As anyone who has been around kittens knows, they have little sharp razors as claws and nails. She is teething and loves to gnaw on fingers, toes or pretty much anything that's moving. Even though I am training her and don't let her bite or play rough, it still happens (pretty much daily). This little homeopathic wonder has been next level in healing up these little love bites and helping with preventing infection and scarring. It is also known as a "drawing salve." A drawing salve would be used to help draw out a splinter that maybe your kid is fighting you that they don't want you to get it out with a needle. It helps to draw out ingrown hairs and is helpful with other open cuts and minor abrasions. I have been a long time user of Hyland's products so I was surprised that I had never heard of this little gem. I've trusted and used their calm tablets, teething tablets, restless leg tablets and sleep assistance homeopathic tablets. I will be adding this to my medicine cabinet after getting this to sample from Influenster! #hylands #influenster
a month agoLake St Louis, MO
Okay let me say that I actually LOVE this product and feel it is super effective. I applied it to a minor abrasion on my foot and a blister on the other foot as the directions indicated and received almost immediate relief. The product is almost odorless, which is great because I can’t stand weird smells. I also feel like I healed faster after application. I have it four stars because of packaging. I will be blunt, packaging is often a deal breaker for me. Sometimes it’s a very subconscious thing! I am either attracted to a package or I’m not and I’m this case I found the packaging to be unattractive but the directions were not OBVIOUS to me at first. If you hunt around you will realize they are on the tin container inside of the box. That’s fine, but I like to read directions about a product BEFORE I purchase it so I know what I’m getting myself into. A casual shopper will have no idea what this product is or what to do with it based off the packaging, and I think this will be a huge turn off and cause this amazing product to be placed back on the shelf instead of purchased. I received a sample of this for free in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion.
a month agoSan Jose, CA
Hyland's PRID Homeopathic Drawing Salve uploaded by Marisol L.
No se si el tipo de sangre tenga que ver con que te sean más susceptibles que otras personas a las picaduras de mosquitos. Mi hijo es 0 + y lo sigue los zancudos a morir! Siempre me le pican en todos lados y yo soy A+ y soy su peor es nada cuando no hay más personas alrededor. Mi esposo es O + y también lo siguen muchos los insectos. El problema es que mi hijo de 11 años cuando le pican los zancudos se le hace una roncha grande y no puede parar de rascarse al punto de que se lastima. Probe Hyland's en las picaduras de mi hijo y resulto realmente bueno, se le calmo el ardor y la picazón y ayudó a que la lesión desapareciera. También lo llevo conmigo cuando voy a la montaña por cualquier cosa, ya sea por la picadura de un insecto o alguna raspadura, ya sea para mi o para mi hijo y esposo.  Esta pomada homeopática es un aliado para proporcionar alivio tópico temporal del dolor  de picaduras y la irritación asociada con forúnculos, urticaria, erupciones cutáneas menores y enrojecimiento. También ayuda a aliviar la incomodidad de irritaciones menores de la piel, cortes superficiales y rasguños. No se recomienda utilizar en heridas abiertas. Sólo es para uso externo. La manera de mas recomendable de usarlo es lavar o limpiar el área afectada, y aplicar 2 veces al dia. Nunca apretar o presionar el area afecta. Si lo consideras puedes usar un parche o gasa.
a month agoAugusta, GA
I received this complimentary from Influenster for testing and reviewing. I read that it was for scrapes and abrasions, but I didn't have any at the time and don't get often. I kept reading and saw that it could be used for bug bites as well, which I get all the time in a GA summer. Over the next couple days, I used this product on mosquito bites. I usually get really itchy and have large bumps from mosquitoes. I applied this product to my bites, and they seemed to stop itching sooner. The bites didn't get as large as usual, either. The product is really waxy and seemed difficult to get out of the container. I didn't love how waxy my bug bites felt after application, but I did love the perceived itch relief.
2 months agoLos Angeles, CA
I received this as a complimentary sample in exchange for my honest opinion. When I first got this, I was thinking, how will I try it out if I don't particularly have skin irritation. Unfortunately the next day, I somehow got a ton of bug bites (?) Over the back of my right foot and I got massive painful wheals (hives) up my entire leg and hip. They were very itchy and painful. I still don't exactly know what happened but I may have gotten a few bug bites that triggered an allergic reaction of hives (vs multiple bug bites up the entire extremity). Anyways,I tried out the salve. It's kind of hard to put on initially. Think a Vicks vapor rub consistency but initially it was very solid and I had to let the warmth of my fingers melt it a bit before I could even get any to apply. It's much more solid than say Vaseline. You put it on topically and it's supposed to have herbs to soothe the skin and decrease inflammation. It was worth a shot. It didn't dramatically relieve the itching initially. I am not sure if it helped a bit. The severity of the reaction improved the next day and I slowly got better over a week . What it did do was keep my skin very lubricated and hydrated. And that in itself helped the irritation a lot. You know when you are so itchy that you scratch your skin and the skin breaks and the rawness of the skin makes the itching worse? This salve helped protect against this. Once I had applied it, I physically could not scratch and hurt my skin. It was so lubricated and moist that I could only rub over the lesions. It felt better. There is a medicinal smell to it but not bad. The biggest downside is that it is kind of sticky on the skin, so theoretically would get on socks or clothing but I didn't notice swelling. There are other more effective products for itching like camphor oil that are less messy but this helps soothe the skin and is a reasonable choice for irritated skin.
2 months agoMonrovia , CA
I received this product complimentary from Influenster. When I first opened it, I had no idea what it was for or how to use it. From the directions on the back, it seemed to work for cuts, skin irritations, redness etc. I had none of that so wasn't sure if I was going to use it at all.

However, I read a review and saw that this worked on bug bites as well and I had MANY bites. I stepped outside my house and was immediately bitten by a mosquito. I was able to kill 3 in action but wasn't quick enough as the little itchy red bumps started appearing on my legs. I thought this was the perfect time to try out this product.

The product is dark brown and was actually pretty hard. It's sort of like a Vaseline consistency but not as soft/goopy as Vaseline. I had to rub quite a bit of the product until I felt like I had something on my finger before applying to the bites. Honestly, it didn't feel like anything was happening. My bites still itched and it wasn't like this product had a cooling sensation or anything.

But after a couple minutes, I noticed that my bites stopped itching. I could still see the bumps but after about an hour or two, the bumps were completely gone. All that's left of where some of the bites were is a little red dot. No itching whatsoever.

I'm going to keep using this for a bit longer as I'm sure I'll be getting more bug bites but so far, this may be the most effective thing I've used on my bug bites! Would definitely recommend it!

2 months agoWest Chester, OH
Hyland's PRID Homeopathic Drawing Salve uploaded by Tiffany L.
Hyland's PRID Homeopathic Drawing Salve uploaded by Tiffany L.
Had never heard of this product or anything like it until I received it in my summer splash box. Was worried I wouldn’t get to try it out before the campaign ended but I actually ended up cutting my leg so I had a reason to use it! Healing time was much faster with this product. Does smell a little odd in the jar, but the scent doesn’t linger on your skin. I’d buy it again. Really appreciate the fact that my cute healed quicker. Nothing worse then a wound taking too long to get better and the scab coming off too soon, leaving a scar. So glad this product made sure that wasn’t the case this time!Hyland's PRID Homeopathic Drawing Salve
2 months agoWhite Plains, NY
Ever since I saw I was getting this in my Summer Voxbox, i was super excited about it. And after regularly using it for 3 weeks now, I can say it did live up to my expectations to some extent. I get crazy red rashes due to sun and entire summer I pretty roam around with burnt patches on arms and legs. This summer, I applied this salve on the affected areas and the redness and itchiness of the patch reduced significantly in 2 weeks or so. Hence, the 4 stars. Not sure though if it works on cuts and other skin issues, plus it is slow in working and the effect happens over a significant amount of time, hence I didn't give it a 5 star rating.
a month agoTALLAHASSEE, FL
I received this product complimentary from Influenster.

Like others, I wasn't sure how I was going to use this product since I'm not into "hippie salve" type items and didn't have any recent cuts, etc. Joke was on me as I burned my finger the next day while cooking. I decided to give this a try and it def took away the searing pain and within a day or two the wound looked a LOT better. It smells a little odd, like smokey BBQ pit and I question how sanitary a container like this is but it was helpful when I needed it.
I received this product complimentary from Influenster.

2 months agoBartlett , TN
Hyland's PRID Homeopathic Drawing Salve uploaded by Krissie S.
I must confess, I haven’t used a salve before. I had to look up how and why to use it. I was not disappointed though. I live in the Southern United States and even with bug spray, I get a ton of bug bites from our mutated monster bugs out here. I happened to have an mosquito bite that I scratched the dickens out of and it was starting look a little red around the edges. At first, I took the most unrefined scoop from the little shoe polish tin of salve and carelessly slathered it over my bite. But I got the hang of how to use it eventually. I’m glad I used this product. I feel like use of this salve prevented a potential infection. I washed and disinfected the area too but I felt like Hyland’s at least prevented further infection. The salve is thick enough to form a protective barrier over the wound. I can’t wait to try this on a splinter the next time my tweezer-fearing kiddo gets one. I recommend for minor wounds and abrasions. I received this complimentary from my VoxBox!
Received from Influenster
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
3 months ago
Marisa M. a month ago
You know those really deep painful acne? I put it on that and it really helped. It seemed to really dry them up so I would definitely not put it all over though.