BY HYLAMIDE

3.00 / 5 based on 1 Review

Review (1)
Natasha W.
ARDMORE
I saw this on clearance at CVS and figured "why not??". Also it has the magical word that is my ultimate achilles heel for skincare and cosmetics "glow". I had stumbled across reviews on this months before so I knew that it was a DHA-free alternative to sunless tanning. I'm someone who just looks better with some warmth to my face and wear a very subtle bronzer daily so I figured this would work for me. I'll also add that I have loved most of the products from Hylamide. I do like this and ended up going back and getting another bottle since it was on clearance. It's pretty subtle but does give the warmth I was seeking. Since most of my other skincare products I'm using at the moment is also from Hylamide I didn't fear it reacting with anything else I was using. (I'm currently also using the Hylamide SubQ serum, SubQ eyes, C25, and HA blur.) For me, the cons are two things - one, when I clean my face in the morning with a micellar water some color comes off which for me is disconcerting because it makes me feel like I went to sleep without taking my makeup off, and the second is the smell. In the first few days of use, I could smell a sweet, almost caramelly and sickly smell which I knew must be coming from this product. I haven't noticed it recently so maybe you get used to it? Or maybe I was touching my face a lot on the days I smelled it? Anyway, didn't really like smelling my face!

Edit: I've taken another star off, I took a break off this product and then restarted and the smell got to me again. I hate smelling myself, and I really hope that no-one else can smell my face! It's not that it's an awful odor I just hate the smelling the caramelly sickly smell on me. I wish this didn't have a smell! I still love you Hylamide!